/fg/ - Falcom General #53

Previous thread: All having fun till Loewe turned up edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U
youtube.com/watch?v=C8sxwHOHdBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Fuck Cold Steel!

gib crossbell etc

LOL.

Alisa Schwarzer!

Go away juna, una is cuter.

>the entire series is about industrial evolution hitting the pseudo-medieval setting HARD and how the people keep up with the advance of technology
>everyone immediately jumping on the mecha bandwagon after someone made a working one is somehow unnatural

Giant robot is pretty good conclusion from Aion desu

>Only existed for months
Technically, the divine knights exists for far longer than that and Crow had his for years before he met Rean.

I also find it hard to believe that they'd have the time to make even the shittiest of grunt units if they didn't start almost as soon as Crow brought Ordine back from his trials to start doing up blue prints with Schmidt's help.

Step aside

Too bad she's irrelevant as fuck. She only exist to be Forte's waifu.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

It is kinda a crazy jump for people who played it on vita first.

Post shirley

Orbal tech is no better in a giant vulnerable bipedal mech compared to a fast small profiled tank. Mechs are purely there for power fantasies.

You're forgetting the part where the mechs also have a hard time beating tanks/airships one on one and have to rely on their superior mobility because they'd lose in a straight up fight. Which is what Craig, Zechs and the RMP abuse to win.

Do you think she lets Osborne's Police to ride her railway and spread reforms all over her province?

What did he mean by this?

>Gareth is the only one with proper combat etiquette of wearing armor

Nah Rufus is tapping that

No. And the fact that YOU would even entertain the notino says more about you than Osbourne or Claire.

Its like you completely ignored everything Rufus and Vita said for the reason why they made all of the mechs in the first place.

>he think wearing armor and being slow is good

That's undermined by DK's being able to oneshot tanks and airships and even other mechs.

>tfw to intelligent for Cold Steel

>Japanese high school idol
No. Not even close.

She's Falcom's worst heroine, probably worse than Lilia.

>Typical flirty but shy virgin character
>Got introduced pretty early before half of the cast (meaning more bond events), but is the most irrelevant
>Voiced by popular idol VA, but Falcom used another idol for the singing voice
>Her arc only exist to make the plot twist at the final boss room not an asspull
>Very mediocre gameplay-wise, but she's the last student to join

Fucking brainlets and their haremshit weeb games with those immature mechs right?

>Try out NG+ in Sky 3rd
>Choose to carry over all the quartz
>They still get destroyed in the first chapter

But why.

How will Gundam ever recover?

>Arguing with yourself

IBO enjoyed a mild success in south east asia.

Divine Knights are also incredibly hard to make and have their own retarded conditions to even access one in the first place. Sure you have Rean/Crow fucking up everything but that's only one person and they sure as hell wouldn't be able to help out if there was a huge protracted war.

Why do you think the entire 2nd half of CS2 was basically airlifting Rean to key points so they can quickly take back the eastern side of Erebonia.

No I just wanted to post those two images but was too lazy to turn them into one.

誰かを愛したくて
誰かに愛されたくて
飢えながら→震えながら
夜明けを待っている
夢見て憧れたって
両手を差し出したって
答えなんか
どこにも落ちてはしないさ →どこにも落ちてやしないさ
ずっと追いかけて彷徨って
いっそう捨ててしまいたいのさ →いっそ捨ててしまいたい
飢えるのは 温もりだけ →望んでるのは温もりだけ
つかの間でも
走り出す 何処へ向かうの
突き進むしかないのなら
行く先に何があっても
真っ直ぐに進め軌跡が
答えに
youtube.com/watch?v=C8sxwHOHdBE

Its a stupid justification, theres nothing inherently more terrifying about a big robot and the weaknesses of the platform are far greater than "but they'll get scared!". Even in history where they've designed things for psychological impact they found that after a few months it stops having an impact and just lets the enemy prepare for the attack or makes it easier for them to shoot back at whatever is trying to scare them.

Real Gundam has a decent explanation for why they have to use mechs, Trails does not.

I might be ok with that.
Rean or Sara would be better

>Even in history where they've designed things for psychological impact they found that after a few months
>Admits psychological effect but it only lasts for a short while
>Then goes on to ignore that the civil war ingame was a short conflict of a few months

You are being retarded user.

Would Valimar let Tita go inside the cockpit? Or would she be forced to do extern maintenance only?

So you're telling me blitzkrieg strategies need you to win fast or you're fucked?
Woah, damn, never would've guessed.
It's almost as if you didn't see the engagement between the Calvardian/Erebonian forces in the Divertissiment either.

By releasing the most kick ass gunpla in existence

Only the first Gundam and 00 had a good justification.

I WANT TO FUCK AIDIOS!

Only if Rean gets to go inside Tita.

It's a game going through super fast tech advancement and they found a robot to reverse engineer the mass produced models off, stop being retarded.

The entire series has an explanation for everything going on, and even explains their strategic purpose despite being in early stage.

More like nobility and versatility.

>RG unicorn
This is going to be a hand grenade in plastic form.

I can't wait for when Adol finally gets his own customized Galbalan.

>playing with your gunplas
Don't be a fag

With a Stuka you can pull the horn off when it starts being a hindarence, with a mech you're left with a big platform that telegraphs its presence to everyone and is utterly shit. Sticking sirens on the orbalships would be more effective.

Not to mention they're just militarily infeasible in general.

Thats not remotely a blitzkrieg strategy and tanks are far better at blitzkrieg anyway.

There is no reasonable justification for the mechs, just excuses to justify power fantasies.

Even if you are going through super fast tech advancement large bipedal robots with hands make no sense.

The mechs are there for the same reason Fie's midriff outfits are.

It looks cool

the reason is still retarded

Again, THEY FOUND A MODEL TO REVERSE ENGINEER IT FROM, with the help of Ouroroboros no less, you know? The organization with the most advanced tech, even beyond the ones not involved with it?

Trails are god-tier JRPGs. They'll never do meaningless fanservice.

Just because theres a reason they were able to build them doesn't make them remotely sensible. You can google the countless articles on why a giant bipedal robot with hands is a stupid idea.

Nice non argument.

>Gundam this
>Gundam that
>strategically, powerlevel-wise and size-wise they're FMP Arm Slaves with a melee focus
>even Valimar's relationship with Rean resembles that of AL with Sousuke, except with less sass

nuh uh this throwaway line of dialogue actually makes them super duper important parts of the worldbuilding

Personally I don't care about how logical/illogical it is. I just find it really boring.
Mecha combat has potential but it's handled so poorly in cold steel. Plays worse than regular combat when it should be more entertaining. It's so tedious.

Fie is a slut.
Mechas are not sluts.

>They'll never do meaningless fanservice.
Don't kid yourself. There's at least 2 pointless onsen scene.

Just because you're an autist doesn't make mecha unreasonable.

of course they're not unreasonable, they are very sensible because they slightly scare people!!!!!

I love Fie's midriff.

No one unironically believes this right?

All of CS is meaningless fanservice.

The series was always building up to mechs, archaisms are spooky weird robots with the most retarded shapes in the world that people have been trying to replicate since their encounter with Pater-Mater. The thirteen factories always made mechs, now Reinford and ZCF does too. Who cares if the designs are not combat efficient? Have you seen the final boss of FC? How is that practical and sensible? This is a series with mechas and magic and always has been.
Yeah totally unlike Sky FC where Joshua runs into Estelle at the bath.

They're unreasonable because they have no real advantage over a tank and plenty more downsides. Theres better ways to do psychological warfare than building something stupid

Well, at least it's not another round of CS vs Crossbell or NISA vs XSEED.

I like that they ditched the airship for a train. Airships are gayer than mechs.

Dumb mascot.

>ancient indoor only security robots with weapons built into the design
>replacing tanks with giant hand robots for use in outside open warfare
Totally comparable user.

This thread has many posts to go

Crossbell is shit though.

Over the line.

I love tanks!

I'd agree on that point, but the world itself has plenty of more outlandish shit. I mean the ore the divine knights use is super special even, and not to mention, the sept-terrions, which the divine knights are clearly related to.

I mean, it's still a JRPG, it doesn't have to make 100% sense to real life. There's people going around opening black holes with a sword swing, bipedal robots with 2 hands is the least weird thing they have.

But Crossbell handled mecha much better user.

A game with Robots shaped like floating wheels clearly doesn't care about realism or how sensible the designs are. It's internally consistent.

>tfw no VC3HD

Meh the mecha is fine.

You know what's really lame? That shitty thing Millium uses.

Nothing wrong with that design, especially when they're not military robots

Mech are fine if they are no tanks

That bath scene wasn't even meaningless fanservice. Unlike the pointless pandering bath scenes in CS, the point of the scene in Sky wasn't to objectify Estelle, but to instead focus on her increasing discomfort/confusion about her feelings towards Joshua.

>Mechas are teased since FC
>We know that people before the Dark age fought with Mechas (reverie, valimar).
>Ouroboros is all about bringing back tech from the past.
>60% into the series , and we can't have mainstream mechs somehow

Mechs was planned from the start, we have no kiseki without a mech, it took 7 games for them to become mainstream, that enough.
People fought with giant robot, had giant floating cities and now everything is coming back.

The bath scene in CS is to focus on Rean's feelings towards your chosen girl.

I want to break that smug.

I agree with this post
Shame VC was ruined by magic blue women and the abomination that was VC2

Divine Knights I can handle, as ancient tech they should be outclassing everything else regardless of inherent issues with the design. Its the departure from Sky's usage of sensible military designs by the military (yes patermater is just as bad, yes theres some ancient zemurian mechs) to the usage of actual mechs that annoys me, if they hadn't initially had reasonable military designs and just had mechs from the start I'd just deal with it, but its the breaking of internal consistency that gets me.

Its also safe to assume s-crafts aren't actually doing what their fancy animation shows unless otherwise stated.

I hope she ends CS3 as Rufus' personal servant.

>Implying Rean has a personality
The point of CS's bath scenes was to objectify the female cast.

That just makes it shit writing.

Jusis will behead Rufus.

bipedal robots are a joke.