Manual or automatic?

Manual or automatic?

Why would you go for manual in current year?

>Living in a mountainous region of the world
>Picking an automatic

Enjoy never being in the right speed faggot...

Because I like to have fun.

Depends on the car, really. For a little underpowered shitbox, sporty car, or a true sports car, I’ll take manual.
For an SUV, landbarge, or truck, I’ll take auto.
I currently have a manual hot hatch, and am considering getting a Prius just for city driving and maybe commutes on days I don’t feel like fucking with a clutch.

>For an SUV, landbarge, or truck, I’ll take auto.
Why

I'm confident with a manual. Driving is fun. Manuals are more involved, and thereby provide more entertainment. Cars are more than just transportation.
Whenever I'm in an automatic, my left leg jumps up and down and I have to consciously stop myself from reaching for the shifter to put it in neutral when I stop. It's boring and frustrating to only control half of the car.

I drive both.

At the same time?

What is fun about endlessly repeating the same dumb task?

Because I get to pretend to be a racecar driver daily. Kek you always win the race when nobody knows they're racing you.

>Daily
Auto

>Fun car
Manual

So if you were looking for a Wrangler, you'd go with auto?

Why?

because most cars dont come with nice dct autos that are the only thing that makes the question of auto vs manual relevant

Which ones do?

bmws, audi, mercedes, porsche, some nissan, some vws
basically any sports oriented car thats over 35k new there are some cheaper but not to the exact levels of quality and reliability as the ones i stated above

Because I enjoy driving.

Spoken like a true product of this generation.

fpbp, trips confirm

/thread

S O Y

Manual
Automatic is always cancer, regardless of any technology. It's just not right

>Dude driving is so boring it's just repeating steering, braking, and accelerating, same tasks over and over.

Auto. Manuals are obsolete now. It's fun to watch babyboomers ridicule you for picking an auto over a silly stick shift. It paints a perfect picture that manualfags are no doubt the true cancer of the automotive world.

Because it's fun, stop making these threads. Everyone, sage and hide.

For the torque converter. Pretty easy to burn up a clutch on an underpowered off-roader like a wrangler.
In a landbarge I want auto because comfy cruising and bench seats. Auto in a big truck because I’d be using it for towing if I had one and autos tend to tow a bit better.

Because they have enough power and FFE for the losses to not matter.