Manual is not obsolete

Every day we get several threads shitting on manual, usually some underage cuck with a mental disability and zero confidence citing “muh floppy paddles” as a reason for driving auto

Pic related holds the standing mile record and is a 6 speed manual. Almost all high speed long distance cars (including some lambos too!) use manuals. There is no gearbox that is as strong, can last as long without overheating, or as cheap and simple to rebuild and make stronger

also the Chiron could solve the issues it has with that silly single clutch auto if they just dropped it for a 6 speed manual, but it’s marketed towards fags

how is a manual stronger than a single clutch auto? Isn’t it just literally a manual box with a robotic linkage? At least that’s how the bmw smgs were

>10+ manual hate threads
>all have 100+ replies
>1 manual thread
>0 replies

It’s almost as if the people making the manual hate threads don’t actually care about making arguments and instead are just posting bait

>implying every thread regardless of subject doesn't always result to shitting on anything posted that is not a manual
It's the special snowflake manualfags that need to constantly be coddled by Veeky Forums to justify their incessant drooling over ancient technology.

>There is no gearbox that is as strong, can last as long without overheating, or as cheap and simple to rebuild and make stronger

That depends on the gearbox. Anyone who is not a mechanic fuck off you know nothing. There's good reason many drag cars use automatics and that you can still buy a new Powerglide containing no stock Powerglide parts.

If you want a manual you should drive one. Your problem is solved. If you want a manual in a car where they aren't offered, adapt one or pay the nice people at Novak or Advance Adapters to make one for you. If you cannot do that then you aren't a mechanic or reasonably prosperous are and therefore unfit to drive on my earth.

I've only owned manual cars and I enjoy it because of how interactive it is. Could care less if it is ancient, but I've also never had any transmission issues and never owned a car with

The point I was on about in the op was the heat dissipation. Sure the fastest dragsters save top fuel all use autos, but they run 1000ft at the most. They couldn’t do the mile because all the atf in the torque converter would burn off. A manual with a puk clutch doesn’t have this issue

Tbh the sound is the absolute number one for me. Automatics just sound so dumb when they shift but the pause you get in the engine note upon gearshift in a manual just sounds GOAT. Dcts sorta get a pass because they can kinda sound like racing sequentials with a nice pop

t. autocuck

In a day to day scenario which is superior?

Manual can be great for resale too.
The automatic version of my car is worth 30-40% less than my six speed.

Torque converters do that thing where they multiply torque though. Sometimes that's handy.

Manuel is for cucks couldn't imagine owning such a stupid ancient transmission

>t. bitter

manual is always superior because even if its shittier in traffic you get more recreation from driving it when you aren't in heavy traffic.

I like manuals but you gush like a no car bus rider or a boomer with nothing in between

Ur a fag

I own 3 manual vehicles
>twin turbo 300zx with a hd clutch
>L300 work van
>4afe Corolla shitbox

Your bus is auto

>clutch
>auto
Pick one.

>There's good reason many drag cars use automatics

It's aimed at retards.

>Torque converters do that thing where they multiply torque though

That's what the gearbox is for. The more you use a torque converter to multiply torque the less efficient they get and they are already less efficient than a standard clutch.

I never understood this argument that manuals are a pita to operate in traffic. I live in fucking LA, nobody can lecture me on traffic, and I love the control and interaction of a manual 'box. Is it they are all limp wristed?....or probably more accurate, they aren't drivers at all, but the rolling roadblock assholes who are on their fucking phones and drinking a fucking coffee at the same time. They can't be assed to drive since they have their fucking living room in their lap.

I drive manual and drink coffee and shitpost and smoke in traffic

Not him, but some automatic transmissions use conventional clutches.
DCTs use two clutches.
Slushboxes use clutch bands.

pagani huyara has a real manual, as far as i knwo it might be the fastest production manual car

Go to bed granpa. Manual is getting phased out and there's nothing you can do about it.

you americans make me laugh

You could be right you young twat, but remember people also thought that vinyl records will phase out.

Learned to drive in a manual and my first car was manual. My new car is an auto with flappy paddles. Going through heavy traffic, slow towns and shit I prefer my new car as my old car by 25 mph you're in 4th gear. So at low speeds you had to keep flipping between gears which was a tad anmoying in london.
But out on the country lanes. I miss my old manual definitely. If i luved back in that area it would be manual all day everyday.

Single clutch auto as opposed to a dual clutch auto. Still has floppy paddles

I thought that was auto, it just had a stick that lets you pretend? It doesn’t actually have a clutch pedal right?

Kiwi

I’m doing my best shitposting to save it

>Kiwi
same anglo shit

>get manual
>after a few months it's basically an automatic process
Honestly it doesn't make a fucking difference.

As a C5 owner, I bet like seven out of those eight Corvettes are automatics. So hard to find a manual with the hatchback. I drive an automatic.

I'm really liking that front clip/grill design on that black C5 in the picture. You don't happen to know what that is do you? The splitter looks nice too.

cope

What do you mean? I like driving my manual shitbox, but it is pretty much an automatic process at this point. I don't even think when changing gears.

that doesn't mean it doesn't make a difference, idiot.

You'll understand once you finally get a car...

not an argument.

Not an argument

Not an argument

The cars of the future are electric, and they don't have gears OP.

Ice vehicles will be the norm for another 20 years and than we will see the tipping point. Eventually owning an ICE vehicle will just be for some motoring enthusiasts, who are willing to pay a massive premium to do so.

Or, you can move to the third world and enjoy yourself with fossil fuels until your deathbed atleast. Immerse yourself with the niggers.

It’s in Japan. I got it from some other user

Related question about this from someone not super car savvy...

Aren't modern automatic transmissions faster off the line than manual transmissions in the same car? I've been hearing this since like 2015.

It just doesn't sound as cool with a good exhaust on an auto v8 compared to a manual but I'd rather have the freehand to jerk off

This. Gas cars will probably be taxed like cigarettes and alcohol in 10-20 years. Probably closer to 20 since there aren't a lot of charging stations yet.

When its about driving at its root form no abs no esc no auto all day. Im driving to drive. On a daily or wifes car the options are nice. Its the destination not the drive. This is why drivers cars hold value and econo boxes are dirt cheap.

Yeah in sports cars maybe. I drove a 2017 Mazda 2 a few weeks ago, the pos auto 6 in that was a proper slushbox as shit as the old dirty 4+1 od in my mates old 99 pulsar. I’ve heard that modern autos learn and shit but I’m yet to experience a nice one

>driving in traffic
>auto is in 3rd
>traffic slows down
>lift off
>auto upshifts to 5th?!?
>no engine braking at all have to brake
>traffic starts to move again
>auto violently downshifts 3 gears into second with no rev matching at all
>hur well at least my fuel economy is good thank u gearbox u know so much more than me
>try to use it in “”””manual “””””” mode
>can’t read what gear I’m in because the sun blocks the Number
>try to downshift
>nothing happens so try again
>suddenly downshifts twice into 1st at pretty much redline, then auto upshifts by itself?!?

Please tell me there are autos out there that will do what I want

DCT, best of both worlds, just don’t creep in traffic, treat it like a manual

If it shifts for you, regardless how, it's an automatic.

DCT is outdated and obsolete already.

the ZF8 in my car is pretty decent for traffic and general not-being-horrible.

Nigga's don't know about my ishift.