mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>RPG Maker MV 1.4 Repack
mega.nz/#!CgESnSzb!ZBeyWAWbLE5qQOsKAe3Y5WU5BFC0BQXtfBJOoiWiWsg
>RPG Maker MV Season 4 Pass
www21.zippyshare.com/v/Bdru8nJg/file.html

>The /rpgmg/ podcast (hiatus until October)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

>Recent thread projects
Stargem Castle
mediafire.com/file/n32ssapqaa5jr95/Stargem Castle.7z
Tempus Ex Machina Demo: mediafire.com/folder/z69y7undwpp9s/Tempus Ex Machina
/rpgmg/ Collab Project | Ch5 in progress
mediafire.com/file/ckfve2l1n6skby6/CollabProj-4.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/japanese-ch-gen-expansion-3
dewdneym.itch.io/unknownworld
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fangames
I've seen better.
I've also seen worst.

Are the people that make those games literally autistic?

It'a called 'having fun,' user

bump

Is there a DL link for the japanese character generator for MV? I checked the pastebin and archive before asking

little body control animation
for a minion evil robot who goes around capturing town robots at a certain point

huh? Is the Japanese generator different from the English one?

There's 3 Japanese themed packs for extras in the character generator. Not specifically the JP version of MV.
rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/japanese-ch-gen-expansion-3

Ace or MV which do you prefer?

XP. I have a huge boner for tall sprites

Made a new update for my demo recently, gonna shill it here. Any feedback is appreciated

dewdneym.itch.io/unknownworld

don't die again

Dying is our natural state.

Well we should do something to change that then

play my game () and give feedback, maybe?

How long is your game in its current state?

About an hour or so. It's just a demo of the first area.

ded

I'll try to play it later today, but I'm swamped with homework assignments from my uni classes so no promises.

I hope you enjoy it if you get a chance to play it.

Man, I'm not sure I can express my disappointment.

I saw a trailer for this MV game - and it looked stunning. I visited their webpage and I was impressed.
>Download the trial
>Open Game
>Fancy logos.
I'm thinking "wow, they really know how to make a --"
>Default RM title screen and sfxs
>I create my character with text options (They haven't plugged all the art into it yet)
>Maps are just Menu selections: Gate. Hallway. ect...
>No characters on screen, but the option to talk to them is there.
>Apparently the only way to proceed is to advance the clock in the corner of the screen. (It starts with the real Date & Time)
>The only way to move time forward is by going through all the boring talk options.
>Finally get to Battle.
>Nothing is animated. Different Hud, same rpgm skills and TP specials.
>The characters already have a full set of skills. You don't level up characters. You just pick the party arrangement.

I should point out that the talk options do a terrible job of providing context. For example, you can pick how to introduce yourself but apparently your identity is fixed, unlike your appearance. But you just started, how are you suppose to know the first option is "True" and the other options are "Jokes"? Later they mention "your teacher" - that's first character you talk to in the game, but you have no idea who he is.

So they were marketing it as an RPG. But it's really a Dating Sim with a limited number of battles that looks like an RPG - there's not character progression. No rewards or EXP. The battles are fixed in a way that you have to work with what it gives you.

Recommendations for lewd art?
I need Hunky dragon warriors in my game.

You want like recommendations for artist to commission?

Pedrovin (Lewd Robot Guy) does lewd art and hangs around here.

There's lots of artists on Tumblr, but if you're willing to pony up some extra dosh, Patreon artists tend to be be better and more reliable

I wish I could make a fun game

even I don't want to play the shit I churn out

I can't play games others make if i ever want to make my own game. Seeing the great games people make leaves me dejected when my own project is not even half as good.

Okay, I think I know what my next project will be.
I want to make one of those horror-adventure-esque games.

What are some obvious pitfalls to avoid?

same

don't have writing dedicated to how omgscared your character is

seriously, i fucking hate that

Little girl protagonists

bumpps

If I were to finish making a game, how do I make sure it's popular and not forgotten into oblivion?

Some games in the rpgmaker forums have literally zero replies, even worse when they have custom graphics and assets and don't look half-bad, it's pretty sad

Will keep in mind.

Already done, the protagonist is a little boy!

We're far beyond the halcyon days of Led Zepplin releasing an album with no title and having it sell millions. People's time is more precious than ever. Networking and marketing are as important as they've ever been. You gotta make friends in the field and convince them your product is worth their time.

You could also go the Dream Daddy or Undertale route and leech off someone else's success

If you listen to the podcast, the two GLITCHED interviews offer great insight on how to make and maintain a social media presence:

"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second-best time is right now."

bump again

Your MC's little sister must now accompany them through your RPG. If they didn't have one, they do now. What changes?

My MC's little sister is already a party member and major part of the plot

big sister gets pissed at everyone for dragging a child who isn't even 10 into fire and death

She only younger by a few centuries.

>MC is Shota
>baby sister equips to inventory slot (MILF class only)

No not really. I'm just thinking of the more ridiculous implications.

>She time traveled from the future
>because she hasn't been born yet.

Well that's gonna be strange to see. Dude dragging a little girls dead body everywhere he goes. Only way to make it work is if i turn my game into a Weekend at Bernie's type game where he tricks everyone into thinking his dead sister is still alive.

is RPGMaker FES worth the $40?

Buy a physical copy and hold onto it, Might be worth money someday.

Did a redraw of her dialogue portrait!

I have yet to play anything decent made with it. Even the highest rated most downloaded stuff is dogshit. Anyone have any recommendations?

them's birthin' hips

but that's a robot user

means i don't have to worry about pregnancy

you'll still have to worry about cleaning her up

Working hard, or hardly working?

Working hard by hardly working on anything. I'm mainly waiting for more demos to play.

I don't have the will to continue right now

I had been focusing on writing the last 3 days, I needed to do something else.
It's like eating the same meal every day, you get sick of it even if it's your favorite food.

Working hard on a game, for sure! Just... not my game.

good night bump

I'm finishing up edits to a podcast.
Then I'm going to jot down ideas for my next project.

So i was just practicing with MV trying to make something simple but i think i got carried away and made something far too big. Everyone said to start small like s single town with a dungeon and this shit is like multiple boss castles and like 5 towns or some shit with lots of small things scattered around. I don't feel like it would be too hard for me to do but what do you think my odds are at actually getting even half of this done?

Go for it man. If you can make this on accident, I wanna see what you can do on purpose.

There's a commission thread on /aco/ you can check out to start with. Generally on the cheaper but not terribly good side of things, though with some exceptions.

I don't think most authors want to read the books they write, either. You've made it, so you know all about it already. Someone else may still enjoy it!

Advertise like a motherfucker. Tumlbr, twitter, game making sites, anything you find. Ask youtubers to play it. Tip off gaming sites.

5am bump.
I should sleep now...

I'm making a Digimon fangame, and I've turned one of the series' most powerful antagonists into an obnoxious e-celeb.

I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud of this.

(The Koromon sprites are because this is a test map. The final game is gonna be a visual novel with turn-based combat)

I can think of only one other time where the antagonist is this petty. Go for it.

Always be proud of everything you do. It's easier that way.

BUMP

Is making a game with mostly RTP stuff frowned upon? I'm not a good artist and I have no intention of selling it.

In short, yes.

Thing is, there's a LOT of rpgm games out there with default assets, so most people who know anything about it are sick of them by now.

Most don't give a shit what it's made with, as long it's entertaining.
But the vocal minority hates it.

Original game opening and plot idea, please do not steal

>those names

They're only placeholders, user.
Or maybe I'll just roll with the theme,
who knows.

Is the kidnapper the king's outcast brother, with the same name but without the G?

You should definitely roll with it, they're pretty great.

This is a family game, user.

so it's about the princess making a family?

those custom sprites?

morning bump

Wow, I wish i could come up with something as cool as that.

Start with RTP and finish some games since the workload is easier to deal with. Personally i don't care how it looks i can play anything but i tend to avoid spending actual money on RTP games not because it's RTP but because there's a high possibility that the game is hot garbage not made with love like an RPG should be. Almost everyone starts at the bottom man, After a few RTP games you'll probably move up to RTP parallax mapping edits, It's a common move up.

I think the areas meant for this next demo are almost finished.
Hopefully I can get a new demo running around october! Should be about 3 hours long.

ded

super ded

extremely ded

Surely now, after masturbating in the moon's shadow during the solar eclipse, my curse is broken and I can finish what I sta-

bumps

Are there any games from the bad guys perspective?
They don't have to be serious, maybe comedy like Overlord.

Soul Nomad (PS2) lets you be the bad guy (when replaying it after beating the normal story). It's pretty good.

Planescape Torment depending on your decisions.

Potentially Shin Megami Tensei, depending on perspective. (The most recent one has a more generic "good guy" versus "jerk" split.)

I actually am going to hold onto that idea and use it in my next game. playing the bad guy might be fun.

any /rpgmg/ games you're looking forward to?

How much does it cost to upload a game to steam?

virgo vs the zodiac

I think it's $100 for permanent uploads, but I could be wrong.

I played Stargem Castle and thought it was cool.

Thanks for that one user.

bumpin