/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
[YouTube] 『真・女神転生 DEEP STRANGE JOURNEY』PV
[YouTube] 『真・女神転生 DEEP STRANGE JOURNEY』PV #02
[YouTube] A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
[YouTube] 『真・女神転生』最新作 ティザー映像

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/tJQgQYj1

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing
youtu.be/jacG9oSph1I
romhacking.net/translations/3160/
mega.nz/#!vVIjQboK!gm39fQ_IKdg0I5D-KgoJhQvJXtSL5YjUFn53EX7wu3A
carpeludum.com/kega-fusion/
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hx05QcGl3I
youtube.com/watch?v=R3JTQv9Vmgw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

80%?

Shin Megami Tensei: Akuma to no intabyu - fan-made visual novel.

Download links:

>Win (x86):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing

>Android (APK):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing

>Linux:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing

>Mac:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing

don't make threads ever again OP

>summer breaks almost over
And I still haven't applied to any colleges. I'm never gonna make it bros.

complete list of the ranking pls?

So... these are the OP making skills of Personafags? Whoa...

I think OP here is one of the regulars in r/megaten

Previous thread:

>

How fast can we reach 740 posts?

I've killed Medusa finally, actually pretty easy if you just have Yumiko heal every other turn with medirama and have strong demons who can hit hard with attack, I have to speak to Gar right? But apparently Bien can fly to other dungeon locations, any bonuses from clearing the second corridor first?
You still have time. Apply yourself faggot

Raidou is a cool concept, but a shit game.

Just outsource the combat

>Raidou 3, but developed by the Yakuza devs

Would you, /smtg/?

Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special

>info
It was released for Sega Game Gear on March 24, 1995. The game takes place during biblical times, and follows a hero named Mahtel. The Demon King, Graias, has captured the holy city of Jerusalem. The hero, must gather together a party to challenge four dungeons to save the world.
Special is the only entry in the series to feature 3D dungeon exploration mechanics similar to Wizardry and Etrian Odyssey. Outside of spell and item names, as well as some party mechanics, it has very little in common with other titles in the series.

>gameplay sample
youtu.be/jacG9oSph1I

>translation patch
romhacking.net/translations/3160/

>eng prepatched
mega.nz/#!vVIjQboK!gm39fQ_IKdg0I5D-KgoJhQvJXtSL5YjUFn53EX7wu3A

>emulator
carpeludum.com/kega-fusion/

Nah, it's a great game actually, i had a blast and no real complaints, sure the combat could improve, but it wasn't really that bad and the atmosphere made up for it

Don't waste away your life, sonny. Apply for a CS degree and translate some megaten for us (as a hobby).

No one memed this translation, no one was eagerly awaiting it, it came out before Devil Summoner, P2EPP and if... And the hacker even went out of his way to fix some of the gameplay.

I don't know if this is tragical or comical.

>Needing a degree
You can learn it by yourself, only reason to go for a degree is if you're interested in a job for that industry, and even then, why not just let the demons out than translate games

>You can learn it by yourself, only reason to go for a degree is if you're interested in a job for that industry

I don't understand why someone who went through such an effort wouldn't do that.

1? Maybe. I was more annoyed by the barebones demon selection.

2? Absolubtely amazing. Lots of content, likeable characters. GOAT 3D demon roster and improved battle system.

Get some taste you punk!

>do your regular proffession/ideal job and its training
>learn CS on the side as a hobby

I miss being a NEET so much guys. Those dreamlike days...

Updated the relevant pastebins because these guys deserve to have their work preserved and I know no one else will bother.

Pls update for the new OP:

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Recommended reading
Read most of the books listed here (Master and Margerita was the best book I've ever read)
Any other recs? I would love more like this

You already posted that in an older thread!

And I still agree with you.

And fall.

It still remains as the true SMT kino.

beat the shit out of the little cocksucker

raidou's combat would be good in imagine instead of the generic mmo icon clicking thing.

How do I become Messia, /smtg/?

Where does this originate from? I keep seeing it whenever Akito is referenced.

it's an actual line from the OVA

I'm halfway through that book, and it seems like only the intro and the tale of Master and Margarita themselves are the only bits of it which I enjoyed. Here's hoping the second half is good.

I like Demian by Herman Hesse
And I'm still waiting for Bento to announce Avatar Tuner Vol. 2 :(

Crap repetitive combat. Dropped the first and never played the 2nd.

I see; I only watched the sub.

>tfw you're at school and those FUCKING GIRLS in your class won't stop bothering you

>YHVH Universe
>Metatron fight to the Archangel theme
>A horde of Metatrons appear!
holy
shit

We ded. Post Megaten protags hanging out with a demon party.

>Wanna save because cute Mothman.
>Dat Raidou face.

NOPE.

>not taking your demons to the beach

Jack Frost has to learn to swim first.

I gotta say, for as much shit as people give the combat system, it is refreshing to finally be playing an entry where magic isn't fucking useless.

can you actually read moonrunes

That is ridiculously cute.

fall'n gods is the best boss theme

I mean, magic is pretty damn useful in Devil Survivor, but yeah, it's not effected by the bullshit range in that game. Bit of a bummer that the EXP system is nonsense though.

Yes
I've only played KMT1, 2, and SMT1, 2, and If so far.

Wow what an interesting history you have so far, i hope you get to play the more modern games

In DeSu, you can basically solo entire maps with a protagionist who has a magic build and the skill Drain.

Nah, too short and repetitive. On that note, I feel like SMT4A's Deicide is a spiritual successor to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Hx05QcGl3I

Do you guys have the partial (menus, skills, items, etc.) translation patch/rom for Shin Megami Tensei if...? Still can't really play it, but it's better than nothing.

>tfw going from SMT SJ to SMT1&2
>that horrendus magic attack power
wtf, magic is supposed to be weak at the begining and then become destructive.
Is it worth it to finish KMT1?

I love SJ fan art the most.

If you don't enjoy KMT1 at the start, you won't enjoy it at the end. It's just one long string of dungeons with close to zero story.

Me too. The whole cast is so likeable.

Yeah, regardless of how many Demeter type of demons make it in, I'm sure I'll have a blast replaying SJ. Game is amazing, and Jimenez is my favorite alignment rep

I don't mind dungeon crawling but I'm feeling a bit burnt even though I only beat 2/5 bosses. Just want to see if MT2 lives up to the hype of being good but I'm just prefering SJ out of the 4 megaten's i've touched so far though SMT1 is my favourite SNES/old one.

I honestly can't wait for the remake. At best, it will be good, at worst, it will be hilarious. And I still need to finish the neutral route, so it's a good excuse to try again. Chaos route is most fun route for sure though.

I would still recommend new players play the DS version first because it's so perfect, and I'm not sure about the new female character. She seems really unnecessary. But who knows.

Wow, its refreshing to see someone who doesnt takes a jab at Zelenin.

Im most hyped to see the sprites of the whole Crew and some guys like Captain Jack.

Replaying SJ right now so i can better see the improvements and shortcomings of the port.

>those pics
Cuteman is literally perfect.

Is there a time limit when fighting En no Ozuno in Apoc?

>regardless of how many Demeter type of demons make it in
>not running with a team of little girls

>Wow, its refreshing to see someone who doesnt takes a jab at Zelenin.

Eh, I liked her well enough. She was just scared.

>Im most hyped to see the sprites of the whole Crew and some guys like Captain Jack.

Yes, looking forward to that!

>Im most hyped to see the sprites of the whole Crew and some guys like Captain Jack.

Meta Gore / Awake Jimenez portraits will either be sick or a trainwreck, I can't wait either

Mothmen unite!

Not to mention the trauma of Mitra´s experiments.

Only bad things of new art will be no longer to see artists own interpretations.

I'm sad that Devil Summoner is basically a dead series. It most likely will be just Persona and sometimes mainline from now with no new spin-offs.

I've read Demian too but I don't think it's so good (espescially compared to other stuff Hesse wrote)
i didn't like howyou never actually learn what was up with that Cain stuff.

Example.

Yeah, retty sad. Also no new spinoffs.

>Irving comparing STR with Oni
>Chen embarassed
>Anthony getting slapped
>Zelenin holding onto an angel
I love this picture.

>Atlus releases a new spin-off
>ends up being this
Wew.

At least we got Catherine in-between the Persona milking and the ports of other Megaten and EO stuff. Hopefully that medieval fantasy project doesn't end up being shit.

>Not to mention the trauma of Mitra´s experiments.

That too. I can understand people not liking Zelennin, but her characterisation is pretty good.

After being experimented on, seeing horrible things and knowing the world is about to be swallowed by them, and then being confronted by worst angel who says 'God can make this all go away, here's a free angel bodyguard for you bby', I can't blame her for going Law route.

And as much I like Jimenez, he's kind of a cunt.

>Sweet Anthony

Favorite quest of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=R3JTQv9Vmgw

>medieval fantasy project
Last Bible IV pls

>worst angel
??????

I can understand her at first but after giving in completely to Mastema she turns into a huge bitch. But it's been a while since I played it

Now that the dust has settled, what did you guys think of persona 5?

fun and enjoyable/10. Would play again

Loved it the first time around. Now it's a decent entry, probably top 5 in the whole Megaten franchise for me. Way too many cutscenes

Not to mention how the game has stuff like the crew warming up to demons, the whole MK gun subplot and Jack Squad as a whole crumbles the little faith she still had in humanity.

As for Jimenez it makes sense. He is a mercenary, he has learned as part of his trade to only trust in himself and that humans are not trustworthy.

I just like the characterization a lot which sadly seems to be ignored by many.

>tfw new Anthony Ex-Missions.

It's good but it's also baffling how they almost completely reused previous game's formula.

Great improvements to the battle controls, cool UI and overall visual style, good music (except in the overworld and Mementos which are what you listen most of the time godamn).
Dungeons are ok and a vast improvement from 3-4, the new additions to the series are cool. But the game is too casual and too story heavy.
I would love to feel passionate about this game, but it left me in a sour note.

>but after giving in completely to Mastema she turns into a huge bitch

Yeah, but that's probably just the effect of Mastema's continuous LIES.

You know who you are. I still love you

I liked it, but I also hate how it will be treated as Atlus' magnum opus for years to come, and every future console game that they work on will have to pander to the P5 crowd

Its just the culmination of everything i have said , not to mention it probably involves a little brainwashing given the whole them of the law route.

What are some boss fights you bullshitted?
Since we are already talking about SJ
I bullshitted Asura by reflecting his Agidyne. Fight took quite long but I only used one demon.

I like Mermaid's design.

Yeah, I guess she is alright if you attribute most faults to Mastema

Thor in p5 can be cheesed by just equipping Rangda. Then IV:A's Izanami I randomly got team wiped except for a single drain elec demon, with no mana at all, but she kept using elec attacks so I auto attacked her to victory

>Yeah, I guess she is alright if you attribute most faults to Mastema

Best scapegoat ever. That's a little too easy though. She made her choice, she has to own that.

I can dump art if anyone wants, though I only have a dedicated SJ and nocturne folder at the moment. I still need to arrange my other SMT folders.

>Wow, its refreshing to see someone who doesnt takes a jab at Zelenin.
>liking a traitor
I respect Betatron/Demiurge more than I do Jimenez and Zelenin

Oh god that fat Pixie.