/wowsg/ World of Warships Admiral

RIP cruisers edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (poi)

>Pan Asian tech tree reveal
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/live-streaming/fb-live-20170808/

>Gallant Premium
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/gallant-gadot/

>0.6.9 patch notes
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_9-patchnotes/

>Smoke changes NOT HAPPENING
thedailybounce.net/2017/07/25/world-of-warships-supertest-0-6-9-info-3/

>0.6.9 YAMAMOTO CAMPAIGN
sea-group.org/?p=3326&lang=en
sea-group.org/?p=3216&lang=en

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker (warships.today is RIP, press F to pay respects)
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Precisionista

Previous thread

First for wow ended with TBC.

1st for Shimakaze

Are Yorck and Hipper really bad?

No.

No. Yorck HE is legitimately good, plus ship itself is pretty agile.
Mixed feelings about Hipper, though

>playing cruisers in this day and age

Post good ships you let down.

Just like in real life. She's doomed to always be let down by her owners.

friendship

The entire USN DD line.

So what is the meta these days?

I am way too bad for Des Moines.

I have a legitimate question. What happens if you have 3 accounts in 3 different servers with the same email and you use said email on the private server? Do you get the same rewards on all 3 accounts on 3 different servers?

Discord shitposting

never tried it before, with wg always assume the most Jewish option - only one account can utilize the rewards

>private server
???

Private test server

And here we found you, WG employee.

>Private test server

Please don't die, again

>we live
>we ded
>we live again

No sleeping, /wowsg/!

Yorck can be played to good effect. Hipper's grind is pretty tortuous though.

I can't make any BB above T7 work for me.

WAKE THE FUCK UP TAIGEI

I seriously don't understand, we we got people s-s-stuttering idiotically and others sex-baiting over a fucking slavbote game general?
Shit feels so weird and random to me.

because it's Veeky Forums

No, mein reddit newfag

I've been here longer than you

Luger and his gay cronies ruined this general.

Yeah but you're still a fucking redditor

I know you are but what am I

Does 'Taigei' work as a male name in nipspeak?

Taigei literally translates to A whale so possibly

I heard that there were certain rules about different vowel endings being indicative of the gender of the name. I sometimes see it the particular doujins I favour, where a character will have their name slightly changed to reflect a different gender. I don't know what the rules are though.

What are the best AA cruisers and brawling cruisers? If I have something to look forward to the grind will feel a bit better.

>What are the best AA cruisers and brawling cruisers
USN cruisers. For both.
Be careful though, at sub 6km, your lack of torpedoes will be felt very strongly. But at 11-6km you are king of cruisers.

>No turtleback
>No torps
No trophy

>No turtleback
have you tried not sailing broadside?
>>No torps
For the most part only matter at sub 6km.

>when I realize BBs cannot citadel me at under 10km in the Hindenburg
>the moment when storms hit and I become as a god

How can any other cruiser compete

>Brawling
km
>Just don't broadside lamo
Great job at answering the question.

>Hind sails into brawling range
>kill him with regular pens because he gave broadside thinking he couldn't be cit
laughingMontanas.jpg

Is this why they are the worst performing ones?

Yes. Because they can AA and brawl other cruisers.
AA is barely needed when BB have power to scare the shit out of planes. And CV are 1/10 battles.
And cruiser killing is meh when there are no cruisers to be found OR cruisers spam from 18km, because going closer is death sentence.

Relationships

epic

Not really. On another general I frequent someone was subtitling appropriate scenes from chinese cartoons to reflect the ongoing in-thread drama. Now that was ebin.

There's an angle at which you will only do pitiful damage to an Hindenburg below 10 km if you're not Hotel.

You're thinking of Slavic languages like Russian and Serbian, where a vowel ending may indicate a female name (such as Katya) or a male nickname for a familiar person (such as Vasya). There is no such "vowel rule" in Japanese. In fact, ALL Japanese syllables end in a vowel, or a nasal consonant "n", no exceptions; both male and female names can end in A/I/U/E/O/N, and you're more likely to tell if a name is feminine if it contains kanji like 花 (hana) or 子 (ko) or similar feminine ideas.

>iron's trap story again

wtf epic

>In fact, ALL Japanese syllables end in a vowel, or a nasal consonant "n", no exceptions
My previous post is consistent with knowledge of that. I know that they're completely different mora from a Japanese perspective, but when you're reading transliterated name you see it as [root]-a (m) -> [root]-o (f). (Arbitrary example, I can't remember how the name I saw changed.)

Now that I look back on the memorable example in pic related (a-ending -> i-ending), is it possible they're commenting on the suffixes rather than the names themselves?

Male names:
Kazuya
Kaiki
Nobu
Abe
Hideo
Yushin

Female names:
Misaka
Houki
Miyu
Kanae
Kuroko
Kanon

It's quite clear that vowels have nothing to do with gender in given names.

>not being Hotel

how do I play the Kirov

Stay at max range and spam fires. Don't be the first one to open fire on an enemy group, you want to avoid getting focused at all.

The ending change was probably an ideograph change, for example from 春人 (Haruto: "spring person") to 春香 (Haruka: "spring fragrance"). Names ending in "fragrance" are feminine. Again, nothing to do with vowels, and more to do with semantics.

>being a slutty huge dicked trap

L O L

hinden is the best aa cruiser. just don't tell anyone it's a secret

Is the AP no good or is it just shitty at the range you're suggesting?

>Implying 'slutty' can be applied to doms
>Implying biological women are traps
lol urself

>he doesn't know

>HE doesn't know

Save the AP for broadsided cruisers around 8km range.

>cartoon
>biological

What's your point? We have cartoon biology just as we have cartoon physics. Cartoon biology is manifestly superior to physical biology because it permits biological women to have massive sturdy dicks.

Once again, please, I'm begging,

what is the best strategy to follow for Okinawa? I have seen videos, replays, streams etc but the only constant is having someone carrying. C is death, B is radar death, and A means baBBies taking 15 minutes to circle through the islands while everyone dies on B/C.

Help please my family is dying.

alright thanks, user

div and get carried

1 2 line push

1 2 line rush
noob

It's BC, though the whatever strat is chosen by both teams is subservient to whichever team has the nuts to contest the caps.

is that a c@

wow panasia tree is already on test server in full. that was fast

Yes c@. Very cute c@.

murican't are going to get so btfo. the pan asia fletcher is better than usn fletricer and the panasia sumner kicks the shit out of gearing on everything

reminder that if you play anything other than cruisers you are the cancer killing this game

>the pan asia fletcher is better than usn fletricer
God help us.

>the panasia sumner kicks the shit out of gearing on everything
Probably a good thing as USN Gearing is woefully UP.

What about when transliterating a non-Japanese name that ends in a non-nasal consonant? I know there are some conventions for this, but I don't know if they relate to the gender of the name.

/wowsg/ is very sleepy lately!

I'm really burnt out on the game

because people talk in the discord now

Steering gears or damage control for Iowa?

Why do Nazi DDs have such a high win rate

There's not much to talk about atm and WG has become lazy in general. The wot general keeps dying too.

I would geuss that it's because they are good at contesting caps?

Because your average tomato avoided the line due to the stigma it got when German DDs were the only ones who couldn't stealth fire. Even now it's considered a bad line for no real reason.

This.
They pay for this by being mediocre at everything else.

They require you to play the objectives to the point of ignoring enemies that do not cooperate by pushing into a cap that you control or countering your push.
If you see a high-tier German DD move to cap something, THE single best thing you can do is wait for targets to appear near him.

Their HE dmg/min is not that much better than that of IJN DDs.

Unicum baDDies sekrit club

Pearl Harbor scenario when?

that would be kinda boring wouldn't it?

>Japs come in
>Bombed some shitty BB
>Gone
Probably boring AF

Dead game, dead thread. Move on with your lives.

thanks for the bump!

I wish I can