Why don't police drive manual transmission

why don't police drive manual transmission

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/autos/news/police-officer-hits-143-mph-in-dodge-charger-while-chasing-drunk-mclaren-720s-driver/ar-BBF0FbD?li=BBnbfcL
youtube.com/watch?v=UujLMVdE7JU
ebay.co.uk/itm/AMBULANCE-SPRINTER-A-E-59-REG/273053717756?hash=item3f934514fc:g:fsMAAOSw4HNac0vA
ebay.co.uk/itm/Ambulance-Secure-Ambulance-Vehicle/253413241048?hash=item3b009b30d8:g:K2AAAOSw7rdaebIG
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_IhJwCpSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can Veeky Forums stop fucking consolewarring over transmissions?

can you purchase a car with a manual transmission please?

>asking why police cars don't have a 5 speed or 6 speed transmission
>"consolewarring"

Can neo-/v/ please leave

Because they wouldn't be able to use their in car laptops or talk on their cell phones while driving.

This, hell I bet police cars would benefit greatly from self driving shit too for this reason

So they can drive and shoot at the same time.

Have you two not noticed the absurd amount of asinine "manual sucks" and "auto sucks" threads from the past week?

>just noticing something that's always been there

Auto sucks tho

I'm sure it'd save police lives too. Between all the distractions, and that police aren't required to wear seat belts where I live, at least a couple die in accidents on duty every year near me.

It's ramped up significantly

They have to shoot guns while driving so they need as much freedom in their hands.

How would they shoot brown people if they have to shift and steer?

They don’t just shoot brown people man

Out of curiosity, are police car stock from the factory?

My idea of necessary things in a modern police car would be a good 8-10 speed transmission. functional cold air intake, decent headers, 2 cats opposed to 4-6 possible on a stock mid pipe. The wheels would have to be strong, and the suspension would have to be modified to take the added stress without a huge loss in performance in case the car has to be taken off road

Have you met many police? They're not exactly the brightest.
Not that it takes much skill to drive stick

they are specially made from the factory, all the added stuff you mentioned just basically really good sport packages people generally dont realize how fast and capable police cars are

pc and manual are unironically in a different and superior class than consoles and autotragics
post your fedora tipper memes now fags, fite me

Hi new friend!

>4 to 6 catalytic converters
Now I could be described as an envirocommie, but for fuck's sake that's insane. The lost fuel economy would at least be in the thousands of gallons yearly, and the lessened performance encourages people to go WOT.

It has increased SIGNIFICANTLY in the past day. It's probably just one fag spamming threads because he can't figure out how to drive manual.
I know that it's a usual thing but recently it's been ridiculous

Yes. Autoweenies fail to take into account that their >faster than a manual 10 speeds are also heavier and will inevitably prove to be less reliable over time.

They are fleet or police packages. They come standard with firmer suspension to take abuse, oil and transmission coolers for endurance, column mounted shifter for room, and vinyl floors for easy cleaning. The engines actually aren't much different but the computer tune and speed limiters are.

Actually Dodge has not put their 8 speed in the police units still, because the old 5 speed is more durable and can have AWD combined with the V8.

msn.com/en-us/autos/news/police-officer-hits-143-mph-in-dodge-charger-while-chasing-drunk-mclaren-720s-driver/ar-BBF0FbD?li=BBnbfcL

they need the free hand to eat donuts

nice greentext
>summerfags already and its not even march

Yea, it's crazy. All the auto fans need to

Because manuls suck op. Why the fuck would you train your officer's to use a dying form of driving when automatic is here to stay & far more practical to a multitasking individual?

>implying I'd
>start a new paragraph
>in order to
>make the
>text
>green

Hi newfag if anything it's not as bad as it used to be

T. Oldfag from 2006

An officer once told me it was because they couldn’t just slam it in park and get out to run. Not that putting the car in neutral and rippin the ebrake takes much longer but every second counts when chasin nig nogs

manual is better though

What would be the benefit?

>manuls
>officer's
>far more
I guess it's good that people like you drive automatic.

You'd think they'd learn to wear seat belts eventually.

>looking for anything suspicious
>Talking to dispatch
>Probably consuming coffee & donuts
>Having a fuckload of gear in the car and strapped on you
>Giant ass computer taking up half the dash

The last thing an officer wants to do is shift gears

They need their hands free to do drive-by-clubbings of boons that step out of line.

I believe the logic is that cops might need to hop out and shoot someone and the seatbelt gets in the way of that
most cops that die from gunfire do tend to die either in a doorway or while getting out of the car
more die from car crashes than gunshots though

but they do. At least outside cuckamerica
youtube.com/watch?v=UujLMVdE7JU

Lower fuel consumption, better power delivery.

>even American police are getting shot all the time
nice one

They do in most of the world but let's face it American cops aren't the smartest.

Try operating a radio and laptop with a manual. Not everyone bench races, that would be like asking why doesn't an ambulance use a manual?
That and you can't really work a seatbelt with a vest on, especially not quickly. If your seatbelt snagged on your vest it could mean someone's life.
See ambulance comment.

>has a partner in the car to work the radio
In America more cops on the road is better for better response time.

Even in England, while the average traffic police vehicle is manual the rapid response police vehicles tend to be automatic.

This is so they can talk away into the comms without having to segment the information due to shifting.

>why doesn't an ambulance use a manual?

Except they do

Not in the US they don't, most models that are used for ambulances don't even have a manual option.

>Drops to first so hard he screeches the tires for a full second.
It's a wonder how they haven't fucked the transmission on a daily basis.

Less than 1/5 of Americans know how, including police officers.

>why doesn't an ambulance use a manual?
Most of them are.
ebay.co.uk/itm/AMBULANCE-SPRINTER-A-E-59-REG/273053717756?hash=item3f934514fc:g:fsMAAOSw4HNac0vA

ebay.co.uk/itm/Ambulance-Secure-Ambulance-Vehicle/253413241048?hash=item3b009b30d8:g:K2AAAOSw7rdaebIG

>Not in the US

0 fucks given about what retards drive.

>Even in England, while the average traffic police vehicle is manual the rapid response police vehicles tend to be automatic.

Not true the rapid response vehicles are manual, the passenger operates the radio.

>.co.uk/
>not an argument

Would you like to see the German ones? The French? Anywhere else in the civilised world? Only brainlets drive auto.

>anywhere other than America
>civilized

Small brains

>7l litre v8
>150 bhp
>advanced materials
>alooooominum breaks
>iron chassis
>slinkies for suspension
>steering wheel attached to front wheels optional

Civilized

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_IhJwCpSg

Most fleet vehicles are automatic to make it easier to go from vehicle to vehicle.

>LS7 is the god engine
>505 NA hp with better fuel economy than most modern 4 cylinders
>modern Americans cars are made much better than any import pos
>that's how it's correctly pronounced you fucking commie
>iron chassis are better for high power builds and can be easily made to handle
>*world's comfiest suspension
>implying Americans cars can't turn better than their import counterparts now and that older cars can't be made to outhandle even those

Try again europoor. Enjoy your daily nail bombs and the raping if your women

Real Trump supporters don't do this an Liberals are subhumans that are being swiftly taken care of by our god emperor

> 8 school shootings a week
> niggers and Mexicans running drug cartels
l-lol u got raped h-haha! !

There's been one in two months this year and that's not even close to typical. And our cartels don't target civilians because they're ideologically bent on cleansing the earth of white people and non-Muslims. We also won't have them for much longer as long as Trump stays in office

>light weight burgermobile
>800000 gorrillion tonnes
>muh good gas'o'leeen miolidge
>single didgit
>mutt luggsuuuurrry
>70 cup holders and plastic seats for easy wipe when your sphincter ruptures
>1 peddle to avoid confusion
>v8 with no power that sounds like an autistic moped
>fucking alooooooominum breaks
>claims Ford GT all burger mobile
>developed by lotus

18 This year.

None of those were school shootings. This has been debunked countless times since yesterday at least. They were classifying kids accidentally shooting the wall or window of a school from an adjacent property with BB guns for Christ sake. Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder

How fucking stupid are you?

Believes faux news. If you only count shootings of people it's still 8 in fewer weeks.

guys relax, they caught the guy. it's over.

Thanks for the insight.

>Lower fuel consumption
You'd be better off making them hybrids considering they spend most of their time idling and city driving

>better power delivery
Torque converters my dude

>Torque converters
lol

Yeah we're not using 2 speed powerglides anymore grandpa. Modern automatics with TC lockup are just as/more efficient and quicker.

DCT and CVT yes shit converters no.

>Being this upset

I'd be equally upset if I had to ride in a muttmobile everyday

You didn't answer my question brainlet

passengers always operate radios, thats why cop cars roll with at least 2 people

GM engines are shit-tier, stop being delusional

>highway mpg
>relevant

If they have to shift gears they cant hold a donut while driving

Each of the shootings 8 or 18 depending on your view of the NRA run press was a different person.

Where did I specify highway mpg?