/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

DRAGON Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
store.steampowered.com/app/545060/BULLET_SOUL_INFINITE_BURST/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
[YouTube] Raiden V: Director's Cut Trailer (embed)
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
youtube.com/watch?v=2ByyOQ3V-tM&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=siwfJgcFYKI
youtube.com/watch?v=BhPYYhzPcSE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMYxgwlwAOA
youtube.com/watch?v=mpHnUap5NWY
kiwifarms.net/threads/david-augustus-forester-aka-gus-forester-david-forester-____.33466/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Casper!

Damn, I fugged up the Raiden V trailer link in the OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI

kill me

I'm not claiming to be the ultimate authority on the game - I've watched tons of replays, I know most of the stage strategies, and I've commentated it for STG Weekly and Stunfest, but I'll be the first to admit there is always more to know, and that my execution is nowhere near good enough to match the high level. I'm also one of the core staff members of STG Weekly, a moderator at the largest English-speaking community of shmup fans, and a frequent livestreamer of STG content. I've traveled to conventions and events around the state and the globe to talk about, play, and commentate shooting games. I've been to HEY in Japan and watched superplayers in person. I've met ZUN. I've helped bugtest and playtest games for Cave and Degica.

Only those with I score or higher in batrider are allowed to post, unlucky plebs.

same

Strikers >>>>> Doodoopeepee

>SOFTTWINK DETECTED

what the best snes emulator

its one of these ultra high skill cap games compared to shmups are the definition of ultra hardcore genre only for the most dedicated of japs

higan!

Thank you!

Neither cream nor kraut can 2-all strikers, proof that trannies are equal to germans?

kbr already cleared strikers though

Did he? when?

Oh shit i missed it been out all day, nice work kraut you worthless pedo cunt that's another prediction i got right. LOL at the faggots saying cream would get it first, PENIS SMUGGLERS B.T.F.O

what a lewd title!

it's not valid, no clear on streams, who knows he used save states

he didn't record an inp? if he did then it's valid, he isn't retarded enough to not record an inp is he? ...... the plot thickens, wonder when he will step up and take me on at a real game, here's an invitation to Kraut we compete for 2-all on strikers 1945 plus on neo geo as i want to learn it but haven't so we'd be starting at the same point, game? or cuck?

I'm also interested in getting an inp file. Not as some kind of "lel it don't count if no proof", I really don't give a shit, I just want to see his routing and execution.

>I just want to see his routing and execution.
Well kraut is a clumsy dodger but good enough at building effective strategy alongs the game is simple, add a scoring system and his frontal lobes shit themselves because he is terrible at logic and tracking multiple factors. Guwange annihilated him for this reason.

>strikers 1945 plus on neo geo
Umm... I dont know, the game looks kinda crappy. Why not play an other Strikers? If you have already played them you will probably beat me anyways. I actually wanted to play Strikers 3 now (Strikers 2 is kinda crappy desu).

I have an INP. I also have uploaded a vid of it to Jewtube (even though nobody watches it).
youtube.com/watch?v=2ByyOQ3V-tM&t=7s

>Umm... I dont know, the game looks kinda crappy.
Try it first, looks aside it's one of the best ones imo and actually has good music if not maybe something else?

>(even though nobody watches it).
Hard to watch something you don't know exists.

>Strikers 2 is kinda crappy desu
Whatcha smoking, it's a lot better than 1 although not as polished as 1999 (mainly because '99 is very static)

It was obvious what you were referencing before, not him but i kinda agree, 2 is shit brown and green which my eyes hate. I prefer 1,3 and plus.

Plus looks similar to 2 except even worse due to inferior hardware, and the pink bullets are ugly af

now play a ship that doesnt give you a sheild lol

>muh aesthetics
That's because plus is a remix of 2 but has wayyy better music and a mix of psikyo lightning bullets and more dense slow cave affair, players tend to judge a game by how it plays.

cream please no salt.

Great job, dude. Just started 2-3 in the vid, a bit bomb-spammy but the game is hard. What's the next plan? Higher score, different game, different ship?

ok kraut how about thunder dragon 2? we are same level in that and it's mild dadcore.

>muh aesthetics
>players tend to judge a game by hot it plays
Except your previous complain about 2 only was that it was brown kek, get your shit straight

>way better music
No Strikers plus tune is better than these.
youtube.com/watch?v=siwfJgcFYKI
youtube.com/watch?v=BhPYYhzPcSE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMYxgwlwAOA
youtube.com/watch?v=mpHnUap5NWY

Yeah because strikers 2 i cant see shit due to colour blend, i didn't say it was ugly just the colours are bad for me.

Mate all the plus tunes are miles better than that corny goober rock

>What's the next plan?
I don't know. I'm really not good at making plans. I just live day by day and see what I'm in the mood for honestly.

Why do you wanna play against me? I will probably take ages anyway. I'm not a very good player.

>Why do you wanna play against me?
it will be entertaining for shmupg and probably entertaining for us to. Big 6 ft blond german arrogant as fuck and stubborn as a race horse isn't going to back away from some light hearted competition?

Maybe you two should play Windjammers!

just like morality kun he won't get anywhere near me in that.

>just like morality kun he won't get anywhere near me in that.
H-hehe... uh, yeah, w-what a loser...

>30 fps
Good job though

>morality-kun is ti2poster
n-nani?!

now apologize!

>wanna post my 1cc i got an hour ago but everyone here's too elitist to care

why is shmups the worst genre to get into?

Just post it you ninny. Not everyone here is shitty, the shitty people just talk more.

A lot of the elitism is just low effort shitposting to keep the thread afloat which shouldn't be taken seriously

Take your touhou clears over to /jp/, buddy

Well, yes. I thought it was obvious!

I did pretty bad in Windjammers, but to be fair, I had only played it for half an hour at most before our duel! It's a great game though!

It's also getting a port to PS4 and maybe more! It's by DotEmu, but it actually seems like they're putting in a lot of love and effort into a classic for once.

dicks

what game

>That one shmup that's too obscure/unpopular for anyone to recognize and/or make strats for

What's her name /shmupg/?

Gigandes, looks way too shit for people to care, same devs from DD3 arcade

That logo looks cool as fuck. Very Darius-esque!

To be fair DD3 arcade was garbage, I wouldn't blame anyone to steer away from East Technology shit

and the kanji is more like raiden or daioh

Exactly. It's like a combination of all the best!

I'll play it for that cool logo alone!!!

yeah you do that, TD2 needs more players

Bump!

ARAIBU!!!

Sorry pleb, but from this point forward, you are only allowed to post if you are a multi time danmaku world champion. Unlucky chav.

You were faster...

>rhythm games
>ultra hardcore
LMAO
it's a FACT that jap arcades put rhythm games up front because they attract normies and casuals
shmups and fighting games get tucked away in the back for the maniacs

Mm, it happens. Bump again, by the way.

Bumping with a score!

ARAIBU II

Pretty close to top 10! How long have you been playing?

150 hours!

To be fair, it's just my score on one mission of around 180 so it actually doesn't mean anything. And the top 1 player usually has at least double my points.

But it's still cool to be placing in the top 100 consistently in these missions anyway!

Bump!

Is this real?

kiwifarms.net/threads/david-augustus-forester-aka-gus-forester-david-forester-____.33466/

>Gus is known for being the #1 global player Mushihimesama Futari 1.01 Ultra. However, this version of the game is not recognized by the Japanese record keepers as a serious game and him bragging about his accomplishment is very similar to DarkSydePhil bragging about being the #1 westerner at a gaming convention.
LMAO
BTFO

I thought Gus was just very into Mushihimesama Futari and maybe a bit autistic.
I didn't know how deep the rabbit hole actually went.

It can't be true, right?

Someone I should know/care about?

I was there for Gus posting about bestiality and paying two guys to fuck him, and read about his trip to Japan on a few different places. The only things I didn't know about were the castration poem and the "vaginal envy", though it's easy enough to believe them. Just find some Discords he's part of, lol.

So yeah, it's all or at least mostly true.

I miss Gus stream where his dead walking around naked

Bahmpu~

Question:
Does anyone have any strong feelings about shot upgrade items that switch between main shot+ and options shot+ (like bee powerup in DDP).
The idea is that even though you will eventually max out both weapons you get to decide if the power of the main shot or the utility/flexibility of the options shot is more important to you first per "ship" per playthrough. Collecting a powerup type for an already maxed out weapon will simply reward a huge score bonus (so if you choose to neglect, say, options shot you can start score boosting early)? Anything about this you don't like and anything you would remove?

>Gus stream where his dead walking around naked

What does that mean?

/shmupg/ windjammers tourny when? I'll hook punt your stink lad.

>yeah you do that, TD2 needs more players
Up to kraut, he's lost all bravado and suddenly gone quiet now i'm challenging him directly... could he be dare i say it a cuck?

He's not the only disgusting shmups deviant though and once again you'll find they are all Americans... gee imagine my shock?, i'm more offended by the ww2 screencap and no one saying anything remotely accurate desu.

His pot belly dad who banned his webcam for that for a bit.

He meant dad, his father walked on stream topless with the belly of the year, gus lost his webcam because of it.

Yeah I meant Dad, fug I need sleep

>I'll hook punt your stink lad.
Language!

But yes a Windjammers tourny would be cool. I'd have to hone my skills though.

>he's lost all bravado and suddenly gone quiet now i'm challenging him directly
It just doesn't make much sense to me, since we can't see how many hours the other played anyway.

>could he be dare i say it a cuck?
If you wanna play against me, then try beating my scores in the games I already played. Everything else is rather silly.

>since we can't see how many hours the other played anyway.
hahaha suddenly this matters? 1. yes you can with shmupmame 4.2 2. you didn't seem so concerned about this when it was satazius (you have 300+ hrs i have less than 50), le KEK!

well i haven't played in ages myself, see if you can get ppl interested i guess.

>If you wanna play against me, then try beating my scores in the games I already played.
Likewise kid, that's why it's better we start something equally.

Please remove this.

Gus does not deserve this. I've known him for years. There's a difference between having a dog lick your dick and actively having sex with it. It doesn't matter anyway since dogs cannot achieve reproductive successful with humans.

>yes you can with shmupmame 4.2 2.
One could easily fake this, and I play with an other mame anyway.

>you didn't seem so concerned about this when it was satazius (you have 300+ hrs i have less than 50)
You stopped playing the game when it became difficult, I continued playing for score. And I don't have 300 hours, I have 120.

Ok, then start playing Strikers 3. That's the game I would like to play now.
I already played this game a bit though (only the first loop though), so maybe you are at disadvantage.

Playing a game for score which I don't really like much is not really in my interest. I'm not good enough for things like this and first wanna play the games I really like.

>One could easily fake this, and I play with an other mame anyway.
No they can't and what is all this side stepping and cuckery? weak.

>You stopped playing the game when it became difficult
Wrong i stopped playing when i cleared insane as the scoring system wasn't particularly appealing.

>It doesn't matter anyway since dogs cannot achieve reproductive successful with humans.

>it doesn't matter if a human completely exploits a lesser animal and projects his human emotional spectrum on a dog to validate fucking it.

Yeah, no.

Already played it a bit years ago, stopped at 2-3 so you shouldn't have to many issues.

You do know that dogs can consent, right? They are one of the most intelligent species on the planet.

Seriously, the dog gives you the signal when it licks your dick and wags her tail.

Have you thought about it deeper?

Then it seems you are at advantage. I also played it a year ago or so, and couldn't even beat loop 1.

behave, be quiet, go away.

You can't be quiet when some innocent man's life is being ruined?

His life is on the line here, this is a serious discussion. That post needs to be removed for the safety of my friend.

The way you've described it sounds fine to be honest.

Every man is accountable for his own actions, explain to me how his life is being ruined and whom is doing it?

It's not harmful to society as the animal can consent to oral kissing.

It's his decision to fuck his dog, you're like telling a white woman you can't fuck a black man.

You're just jealous that you don't have the same bond that Gus has with his pets.

Either a dire yawn inducing troll effort which reeks of tranny humor or Gus himself.

>It's his decision to fuck his dog, you're like telling a white woman you can't fuck a black man.

hi cream

No, i thought i was replying to cream or saph.