Finance vs buy outright

What’s Veeky Forums‘s opinion?

My dream is to own a 718 but the drive away price is just so massive I’ve thought about financing it.

If/when I was to ever get it with finance, I wouldn’t just throw it away once the payments are done, it would be my car for decades to come.

It doesn't sound like a porch should sound.

financing is the only way if you have your shit together. Throwing that much cash down against something is asinine with rates the way they are.

Save up a solid down payment, set up your emergency fund appropriately, and go buy whatever tf you want.

*advice not valid in the future when rates change

Why do you like this over the original?

I guess it depends on your other finances. Do you own a home? Have a career, not a job, that pays well?

Have you ever owned a nice car before?

Why have a down payment even?

Get a bank loan not one from the dealer.

What's considered a good down payment these days?

What kind of benefits come with loaning from a bank aside from what I'm guessing is a better rate?

Dealers will usually match bank rates and are more willing to haggle if you finance through them. At the very least compare, it's often the same unless you have a crazy retarded bank. Some dealers offer 0% apr if your credit is good.

Op here

>Why do you like this over the original?
Over a 911? To be honest, just price.

I own a house and have only ever owned econoboxes. A few years ago I drove a friend’s 911 around and absolutely fell in love. I would love to have one but I just can’t see a situation where I can afford it, hence why I’m going for the 718 which in my mind is the next best thing

I'm the same way except I'm aiming for the GT4

I prefer the 718 over the 911 though. I want the engine in the middle, I want a liftback with a large frunk and trunk instead of unusable rear seats.

Financing is completely fine. In the end you pay like 2-4% more than what the final price is you borrowed. That's it. You're still allowed to sell it anytime. Typically you'd want to put enough money down so when you drive off the lot you can still sell it and not owe anything.

>My dream is to own a 718
Funny way of spelling 981 S/GTS/GT4

So you're never upside down on the loan. You pay for the depreciation up front, when you have the money, versus later on when you may not have the money and have to sell the car.

1. That car wont last decades, unless you lock it in storage and never look back
2.Finance is better on anything $30k+
3. Make sure you can afford to fix the fucking thing before you even think of going to a dealership
4. Haggle the price hard and always finance with the dealer
5. If you ever have second thoughts, dont do it, make sure its something you really want and are willing to sacrifice paychecks for

You can fit a surprising amount of shit in the back seats of a 911.

>decades to come
>porsche
Oh user.

Memes aside, nothing wrong with financing. If you have golden credit go for it.

"0%" APR is another way of saying "the interest is built into the cost of the vehicle".

Nobody gives money away for free. And be wary of terms where if you miss a payment your rate gets jacked way up.

>Congratulations you're approved for 0% APR
>ok cool now take this much off the sticker price (so you're paying less than you would through the back)
Wow that was hard

>wanting a 718 over a gts or gt4
Kys

At least 20%

987 is a very fast car even with lower power. If you can't buy it outright why not get the older version? Looks the same.

just finance it you stupid goy

Isn't a 718 just ~60000$, though?

If you get a base model with no good options.

What, with like boards creaking and shit, or is that a deck?

boy you are dumb as shit. wanting is one thing but being able to afford a GTS/ GT4 is another thing. and comparing a 718 which starts @ $55k, GTS starting @ $79k and GT4 starting $85k.

but yeah you're probably and underage faggot. Or just really dumb

They aren't going to haggle if you take the 0% apr.

A used gts. Duh. You act like you can find a new 718 for that price.

uh huh yeah. and good luck finding a used GT4 for under $100k.

>In the end you pay like 2-4% more than what the final price is you borrowed
Closer to the actual price you borrowed if you account for inflation, sometimes less depending on the rate.

how does this work with replica cars?