ITT: Relatively (in terms of exotics) Cheap Cars That Make You Look Much Richer Than You Actually Are

ITT: Relatively (in terms of exotics) Cheap Cars That Make You Look Much Richer Than You Actually Are

automatic 355

Get an SL from the 90s. Looks old money as fuck. Just say you got it from a grandparent or uncle.

Rich people don't drive old, used, low end exotics. They're money pits that get outperformed by modern normal cars. Just lease your favorite German luxury whatever.

Lotus are never cheap. The maintenance will get you.

This. Though really any used German. They depreciate badly.

These things usually go for 30-36k but will make you look like old money.

Most kit cars are up there in perceived bang per buck. I think I've seen Fieros with Murcialago kits for 30k on the cheap end

you only look rich with an old benz if you live in a million dollar house and have a cool job. if you're some hourly worker schmuck you look dumb driving an old benzo

An Esprit will eat you alive in maintenance

>Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

you'll look like cyrus from trailer park boys

In a Ferrari? Now way, when women see the Ferrari logo, panties get moist.

>30-36k
I wish I lived wherever you could get one of those for that price

Ferd Bronco
Porsche 912

I got a 986 and it still twists peoples heads

ye, maybe in poland
visit any country that isn't poor and nobody will give a single fuck about this gay pos

>t. poorfag busrider

First gen NSX......

These things start at like 15 grand and to normies it's indistinguishable from a brand new one.

none gives a f*ck about old porsche anymore in Poland, but I was amazed when i saw old NSX :3
even ferraris/mclarren/other supercars are quite common here these days and I live i shithole
so your old porsche? dream on m8

>just because you own an expensive sports car doesn't mean you own the road
t. woman who'd pulled onto my side of the road trying to get round cars trying to barge her way through when I have right of way

My little MG pictured was worth far less than her golf she was driving.

Fisker Karma

That is the exact opposite of true

kek

rich people dont lease.
Rich people are rich for a reason.
Getting a lease means you are paying more for same car over time.
Rich people if anything buy cars that are used and are being sold but are new.

Rich people are rich because they are not stupid poorfags who would rather spend way more money to get something that does the same thing a cheaper one does and buy shit without researching.

Rich people are rich cause they make good descisions with their money.

t. from rich stealthwealth family.

Same for my MRS.
Mostly cause every car is german and theres like 10 of them in the country.

not for adults but these things are bonafide High-school-hater-hurters

I want one but I don't want to think about the parts costs and tools needed

I actually had one as a late teen and it was great but yes constant fears of it breaking.

I don't mind the process of fixing the car, but I'm sure that a lot of the parts are hard to find and a bit pricier than the 5$ air filter for a Chevy at partsource

nah thats actually not a problem with the 944. make sure you go for the 85.5+ models, but if you're willing to work on it yourself they are totally doable. and they actually are very reliable, you just have to keep up with the routine maintenance. FWIW mine never broke.

>and they actually are very reliable, you just have to keep up with the routine maintenance
Unless the electronics decide to go. Then prepare your anus.

Do you need any specialized keys and tools aside from a metric set, for OEM bolts and the like? Otherwise I'm keeping my eye out for them or the 968

im pretty sure theres one tool you need to do the timing belt maintenance but its not expensive at all.

If you want to look rich on the relative cheap get an off-lease ~5 year old jag. Depreciation is a bitch.

You actually have to be rich to own one of those tho

Rich people do lease, a lot.

It keeps them in the latest car. It bakes in a lot of maintenance costs. They don't eat depreciation.

Rich people do lease when they can write it off as a business expense and pay less tax.

As you said
>Rich people are rich cause they make good descisions with their money.
Having a large sum of money tied up in a depreciating asset is not a good decision.

what kind of warranty coverage with Jag give you for something like that? might as well get one through Carmax with MUH BUMPER TO BUMPER to cover all the problems you'll have with one of those.

>840ci
Nope

>Any Lotus
But they do demand some premium money to get and to keep...

Didnt he drive a c3?

You are all retards posting generic used luxuries like you're the first to realize they depreciate quickly. OP asked for cars that make you look rich. You can get an R8 for sub $70k and people will think you're a millionaire. Nobody will think you are rich driving a fucking Boxster or 20 year old Mercedes.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my part to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Don't be an edgy faggot user. Not on Veeky Forums. There's /b/ for the likes of you.

>BMW maintenance
Yep

>exotics
But why? A Malaise-era coupe is a top-tier luxury performance car if you don't mind putting money into modernizing the massive engine and fueling the damn thing.

eurofag here with several BMW owned

Ayy TF brethren

5 years ago maybe
Only the round s3's are cheap. The rest, not so much.

Every 944 on craiglist comes with a complimentary truck full of spare/scrap parts.

Or just a second 944.

>you'll look like cyrus from trailer park boys
Cyrus had a Corvette not a Ferrari 308.

he's not wrong though. That's a cheap car here in the US.

7k is cheap for a car anywhere

pop ups makes a car look dated not rich

W-R-O-N-G

show me a 308 for 30K and Ill take 10 of em... these are 6 figure cars nowadays...

>ITT: Cars that will make you poor

Slap a Porsche badge on an NA miata

Why would you when Boxsters are dirt cheap anyway

see

Ask any owner, a Boxster won't bankrupt you unless the IMS bearing fails and the engine eats itself

>a boxster won't bankrupt you
>unless it does

I bought my first car on tuesday. Went with the E30 over the 944 because of this. My car still needs a fuckton done to it but at least I've got a fuckton of resources and parts

>muh IMS
Replace the clutch and switch to an uprated bearing while you're in there, it's not fucking hard

NA miats with no front plate