/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Char edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Slipgate to the previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ob0qt1k.jpg(NSFW)
clips.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Hunter is the best Quakefu and there is literally no justifiable competition, and if you think there is your taste is beyond garbage.

Ignore this thread

I CHOSE THIS /ARENA/ THREAD!

Trolling /owg/ wasnt very fun, anons.
They don't seem to be very aware of anything.
I guess overwatch will do that to you :/

It's like making fun of the downie kid that drools on the crayons.

>made 4 minutes later
suck my dick faggot

Hunter is best. But we may never get her. I hope idsoft isnt stupid, and is working to get her into the game immediately.

But if she doesnt show up, then Nyx is best bae.

That's gay user, was too busy trying to find that god awful Ranger skin.

i.imgur.com/ob0qt1k.jpg(NSFW)

I loved Nyx at first but then her character really started annoying me, she seems less like a femme fatale that will rock your world, and more like a chick with a chip on her shoulder trying to prove she is strong. still a 10/10 design, and would still bang her though, just not Wife material

Ehem.. user...

>Q3A Hunter has hexagon legs and misaligned textures because they put absolutely all their effort and poly count into crafting her tits and ass
If I don't see that much detail in a Q:C Hunter I will be severely disappointed. Given that you can make out the pores on Nyx's face I'll keep my hopes high detail-wise but not let them run rampant lest they fuck up her design some other way if she's ever added.

She's not in the leaked character list, so if she's a thing it won't be for quite some time anyway.

I see your point, it's been a while since I read/watched anything GiTS related.I've forgotten Motoko's personalityManga Major best Major

hunter looks fucking distusting
same as mynx

>She's not in the leaked character list, so if she's a thing it won't be for quite some time anyway.

That's the sad thing is that they don't realize the pandering level they could be pulling with this character and getting people into quake.

This is one of those things where "It doesn't matter what got you into quake, as long as you're playing quake, it's a good thing."

They could pander to the teenage boys, and the tumblrina's at the same time.

"LOOK WE ADDED A PERSON OF COLOR!"
"LOOK TITTIES AND ASS!"

Hunter could also make the lorefags cream in their panties too.
>Adds voice over lines specific to Sorlag and Hunter interactions in games
>Adds specific Lore challenges that unlock Hunter vs Sorlag easter eggs/hidden details.

There is so much hunter could bring to Quake Champions, and if Id doesn't realize this, they've made a huge mistake.

orignal gits major best major
also who the fuck 3 left

>That's the sad thing is that they don't realize the pandering level they could be pulling with this character and getting people into quake.
>pleasing a couple of faggots from one vg thread would make a difference
nigger do you even think

>never noticed before not just how defined hunter's abs are but that you can see them both above AND below the green belt
Bless you, Paul Steed and co., for giving me fetishes I wouldn't even consciously realize I had until years and years later.

MAJ Matoko Kusanagi was a huge influnece on me as a kid. Surprisingly my uncle managed to convience my mormon parents that GiTS(1995) was fine for us kids to watch with him, and ever since then the MAJ has been an imprinted person in my head.

and Nyx rings that bell loud and clear.

Femme Fatal is Widowmaker from Overwatch. Seductively sexy and yet ready to kill with elegance. Distract you with lust and sexual urges then slash your throat/shoot you in the head.

Nyx maybe sexy, but she's not seductive, she's fronting and, and ready to kill you from the shadows. Not there to draw you in, but to take you out before you know you're dead.

Infact I just realized that Nyx goes invisible, and MAJ has Thermoptic camo in the 1995 film also.
I can't believe I'm just now connecting that detail.

Hunter wouldnt appeal to just a couple of people here.
A lot of gamers like characters like Hunter.

Sellable Booty is one of the reasons why Overwatch got big.
Every girl in Overwatch is sellable to someone's desire in overwatch.
Even their new character Orisa is play on anime female cuteness.
Blizzard may make a shit game, but they sure know how to make sure people stay playing that game.

Explain your reasoning.

>and Nyx rings that bell loud and clear.

proportions are all fucked up
like a skeleton with bolt on tits
anorexic with a boobjob
a pole and two mellons
a matchstick with mothballs

>A lot of gamers like characters like Hunter.
>tall, strong female with visibly defined heavy musculature and a hate of anything with a penis attached
everyone would be shouting about ess-jay-dubyas too much to just appreciate a fuckin' amazon lady, a fetish dating back how many fucking centuries?

>Rings the bell
It's an idiom, user.
>Fig. [for something] to cause someone to remember something or for it to seem familiar.

they remind me of those fucking things from half life 2, the drones with metal masks on stilts

>with visibly defined heavy musculature
fucking where?

And what's wrong with skeletons?

>anorexic
hunter's waist is as thick as major's shoulders or crash's whole body; the rest i can almost agree with but that's just due to the artists going "BOOBS. ASS. fuck there's something connecting those two right, okay uh fuck"
that's why we have to keep fingers crossed for hunter in Q:C, for a properly thicc and modern model

im not criticizing your choice of words
im criticizing your shit opinion

>hunter's waist is as thick as major's shoulders or crash's whole body
no its not

Who cares.
idsoft has never shy'd away from controversy. It's what made doom popular.

So what if they ruffle a few feathers. It worked for overwatch. Remember the tracer pose scandal?
Where tracer had an unfitting pose and they changed it when someone pointed it out. then they replaced it with a Pin up Pose from WW2 aircraft?
People went ape shit and news went viral.

Quake champions could benefit from being news plastered all over the web.

SJWs get their man hating trope character.
Teenboys get their fappable booty.
quakefans get another classic quake character in the game.
idsoft gets money.

Everyone wins.

Yeah, I just recall SAC major being a bit femme fatale-ish. But Manga Major was pretty up-front and personal if I remember correctly

It's just the limitations of the Q3 engine in the QC engine she should look proper.

>tfw you just want a stronk wife, but stronk women shy from stronk men

comparing ant iteration of the major to that capeshit fapbait tumblr spy girl but now with blue hair is a dishonor

That's not an opinion user. That's a personal history and a fact.

Nyx isnt femme fatal, she's inspired by GiTS's Matoko Kusanagi, and even has a voiceline in the game that's a nod to that.

Nothing about that is an opinion.
Nyx is a dead ringer for the trope character that is Tough Chick.

Widowmaker is a Femme Fatal. Nyx isn't. Her entire theme is "I will kill you from the shadows."

>
remove yourself

>I am the ghost in the machine

She is literally inspired by the Major, my issue was just the way id went about it but I do have to agree with I hope Willits is smart enough to realize this, Romero would do it for sure, he loved being the center of attention.

i stand corrected
shes fat and disgusting
and her arms are the sticks, half the girth

>that perfectly defined navel and stomach
>that hint of cleavage
>those pits
>that shiny, greasy skin
Nu-Slash really grew on me once I got over the lack of eyewear as default.

> literally inspired by
so if i make a statue of jesus out of shit
does that pay him tribute?

>But Manga Major was pretty up-front and personal if I remember correctly
Yeah, and 1995 film Major was pretty much followed in line with that line of thinking. But ofc with less detail considering how little you can really explain in a film compared to a Manga/TV series.

Then you have Nyx who carries that same attitude, but exemplifies the "I will murder you from the shadows" component.
A cool call back perhaps to one of the most iconic scenes GiTS ever created.

>and her arms are the sticks, half the girth
They're probably just modeled/posed at a different angle, facing forwards instead of mostly sideways like Major's apparently are. Her whole shoulder area is fucked up anyway- ain't no one's shoulders look like that except maybe a Space Marine.

>fat
I wish. Lucy when?

>that hint of cleavage
i've got more cleavage than that
and so do you
she looks like a pale trap

Am I the only Patriot fan in this general?

>america hat and boots
>japan hand
what

So you'd suck Slash's dick too? It's good we're in agreement.

Patriot and Razor are neat but I've gotta stick with my man Ranger.

He's a weeb like us

Seriously this scene is so kick ass.

razor had the one of the best sound sets

Could someone webm this?

clips.twitch
.tv/SlipperyHappyPuddingMau5

>THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

Or was that Bitterman?

Bitterman

Truly a Smug Madman

is that guy a cs player

rail is truly the most interesting and skilled quake weapon

I feel like if you gave Razor's backstory to Patriot you'd have a solid character

jesus fucking christ

>he hasn't accepted stock fivehead and sweet widow's peak Slash as his lord, savior, and owner

No it's Cypher arguably one of the best Quake players over all and easily top 3 EU

When is Quake coming to steam so I can play it?

Two days

>look up Razor's quotes
>"Is this some kind of entertainment ritual?"
>"So this is what you rogues call entertainment."
>"Threedy Relmz? Oh, you mean ol' Duke!'"

Those cheeky fuckers.

>Ranger
>death by lava: "Nope. Still hate this stuff."
>also some random lines got into QC

>Not "mfw making momma proud.jpg"

I'm disappointed Q:C Ranger didn't get some of the more Q1 oriented lines Wrack had in Q3A, like calling the railgun a sissy weapon and wishing he had an axe instead of a gauntlet.

>Snake have you ever heard of Les Enfants Terribles?

>Razor has the Strogg skull emblem on his shirt (or the symbol of the Q1 military)
DEEPEST LORE

>DEEPEST LORE
I feel like we're gonna get a lot of that this Tuesday

We bettet get deep lore and more shit to do or WE FUCKING RIOT

So when we go into BETA in a couple of days is that going to fuck everyone that got it before over?

Bethesda or STEAM?

will Heroes be locked again since it's going to be $30? or will that be to unlock future Heroes we know are coming like Doom etc. ?

Full reset on tuesday. 30 shekels gets you all the champions + future ones

I want to bury my face in the deepest lore. And by lore I mean canyon of sweaty Hunter cleavage.

So you have to buy the early access if you want the Quakecon LG skin?

If you already had a Beta key, no. you will be able to log in and play, you're just on F2P model.

You can still log in and get the LG.

What this user said. You can still play with your existing account from the beta via the bethesdalauncher. You just start out with ranger only again. Playing via steam requires you to buy the championpack tho, because f2p mode will only be available on steam once the game leaves early access

>person has high ping
>picks slash or anarki

every time

when are they gonna get rid of the massive upload bandwidth requirement? shit's infuriating

Anyone know/have any good Quake profiles on F-list?

Why the FUCK does his arm say "molester"

Maybe he molested someone

is this a trick question

How do i get better or practice at aiming?

does someone with a high ping have peeker's advantage?

Every time someone with high ping plays a fast dude it's like i'm getting shot the instant/before they even turn a corner into my line of sight if i'm waiting for em.

It's like they get to see everything around that corner a tiny bit faster than anyone with else with normal ping.

I guess it would work both ways... still feels like garbage tho.

>tfw Hunter probably eats exotic fruits
>her sweat smells heavenly
>her loins more so
>tfw all I want is her to smother me and destroy my pelvis

I know that feelio, and it won't healio.

You know it, even if it's more like caramel.

>STILL no Doom trailer

>those utterly pointless top straps on her thighs
post yfw Q:C hunter with skindentation

Hunter a shit
Crash when

>assuming theyll add hunter with her skimpy q3a appearance
if they do add her as a champ, theyll definitely change her just like slash and anarki

They are actually gonna make us wait till Tuesday for this, aren't they?

If she is big a coppertone amazon who wears a dead sorg on her head and only shows her lips then I'm ok with any other changes

They better give her some under-titty and a bare ass in thong.

She aint hunter without that.

>yfw they finally add hunter
>yfw they make her a muslim

MYNX IS BEST STOP YOUR TREASON

why are the bots so comfy

They better bring this shit back somewhere down the line