R31 skyline

why are the r31 skylines so cheap?
are all the other skylines rice taxed to hell? these are only around a couple grand (aus dollars) whereas it's hard to find any other skyline series under 10k except for a few r33's
Are they shit or just less collectible?

Fucking.
Ugly.

so it's just less collectible then?

Because they never got the fast and furious hype.

Also during the early 2000's when every kid wanted a skyline as their dream car these were considered really ugly and square even by enthusiasts.

They ain't shit at all just high km and had a hard life from P platers and young cunts pretending to be Paul Walker

Wasn't in Gran Turismo

this seems to be the case with a lot of the ones I'm seeing at the moment online.
I'm hoping this is the case, I never really looked at them cause I expected them to be "expensive" but I'm quite interested in them now.

>r31
>ugly

The most desirable are the jdm two door and pillarless hardtop models.

The holy r31 grail is probably the autech or the svd aussie models.

R32 gt-r is the godmachine so anything R32 related cucks r31 and r33 sales.

>slow
>no ALTEZZA AWD system
>bad turbo crunch issues
>a homoerotic icon
>front wheel drive
the list just goes on

I remember once upon a time the r32 was considered uglier and older than the r33.

>tfw brought bitcoin instead of R32 gt-r's

>fwd

Not fast
No GTR version, only the rare GTS-R, which is still as cheap as a R32 GTST (10k usd?)
No overhype in video games

I love the boxy 80s look of it. The active air dam is pretty cool if gimmicky

>FWD
Are you dumb?

I fucking love the 80s boxy shape of them, if they were cheap, and i didnt have to deal with the headache of importing one, id have one now

>fuckers want 12k or even up to triple that for an R30
>cry myself to sleep every night
Beyond that. Where you guys find them listings

For the 31's? I'm looking at Gumtree, there's quite a few up at the moment.

Oh shit Im a night shift American. I think l stepped into aussie thread on accident.
I look to importing an R31 or older a lot on jap dealer websites and auctions.
Ever since I started working for Ford Ive also been looking at 351C 1980s falcons too.
But aussie has a less familiar import service.

>The active air dam is pretty cool if gimmicky
Damn straight.

Shit taste desu

In SA they are starting to creep up in price. Been looking for clean r31 for while only recently bought one that was completely stock. Sad part its a Pintara.

If I modified that to be a bigger one. I wonder if it would still work.

>stock rb30e feels a bit pigfat and gutless
>overheats in typical oz summers
>easy to pry open and steal unless you don't know how to short the starter
>a grampasmobiles
probably on the cheaper end because the difference between base trim and top-tier is less than a rb25det swap but they're only going to get more expensive as time goes on

They were though, you could buy one from the used car yard.

try to find one with rwc and ready to drive away, not so cheap anymore pal. Anyway its a nice car with a manual, only weighs about 1200kg and rwd, isn't that what people on this site say they want.

Yeah but
>muh 90s jdm rwd touge

They're actually closer to 1450kg, but still reasonable for a fullsize sedan.

they havnt hit mainstream popularity yet because most normies dont know they exist, all the ones before the R32 are essentially non existant to normans.

once they get popular which they will eventually they will shoot up in insurence once they start getting crashed more

dubs do not confirm

As someone who was shopping around before landing on my R33, this Pretty much all the RB30s were made in Australia, and while they're good enough engines the larger displacement and maybe just not quite as good craftsmanship lets it down. They just straight up don't quite rev as happily being 3L, it's just a bit too big to effectively work. They sound nice enough though, and I actually quite like the R31s aesthetically. There's a kid around my area who works for the local pizza shop with an R31 and he's a fucking demon on the roads it's funny as fuck.

Overall they're nice cars but there's much more powerful, sporty, cool, aftermarket supported, and overall better cars on the Aus market for just a few k more, and they'll probably not be beat to shit.

I just wish I could get the R30s here easily.

Fuck, I can't believe I passed up an R32 GTST with an auto front spoiler, it's so fucking rad.

its also about 150 horsepower lol

163*, which at the time was more than quick enough for a flat 16ish second quarter with the manual. Comparable with the 6 cylinder and 5 litre Falcodores during the ninties. Remember the emissions 5L VL at the time was only a 122kW proposition.

Actually, I'll correct myself on the 163hp. The R31 was rated at 118kW. It's the EFi XF Falcon's 121kW I was getting confused with. The standard VL was rated at 114kW, but I'm wondering if Nissan may have forced Holden to advertise a lower output as agreement to using the RB30E.

add to that 30 years of abuse by p platers

The RB30 in its low stressed nature wasn't really one to suffer under a hard thrashing.

Because they're shit and bought by P-platers who drift them into trees.

It was though.

GT4 had the R31 GTS-R and I'm pretty sure GT2 had a Tommy Kaira one.

I always loved the R31 because of the TOMICA R31, but god damn, it's so weird when I see the front lip on the R31.

Yes it was, number 5 and 6, and I do believe number 2 as well

Because no JEE TEE ARU

Speed hunters has ruined that years ago.

Normies realise now.

P platers didn't really want these until like 2006.