Ask a dodge technician anything

Ask a dodge technician anything...

How come Daimler-Chrysler and FCA vehicles are some of the least reliable, poorly designed, garbage bin tier vehicles ever to have the misfortune of being unleashed on consumers?

And how much warranty work do you do as a result?

Most and least reliable vehicles in FCA's lineup?

Over engineering where it doesn’t matter, and under engineering where it does. And enough to feed me and my wife at half flag rate.

Most, non air suspension grand Cherokee, almost anything with a v8. Least, anything with a 2.4

What's it like working on decades old Mercedes and fiats?

Inb4 new hybrid 1500 w/water cooled rear diff questions. Inb4 OP can’t inb4

Rusty and neglected

Thinking about getting a sxt charger, how reliable are they? I would get a r/t but insurance prices are higher.

Thoughts on the new Wrangler?
What do you think of the Pentestar?

Do you like your job? Thinking about going to UTI

3.6 is used in everything so it’s pretty well sorted out, it really just comes down to how you drive it. If you act like it’s a race car it’ll break down like one. If you treat it like the barge with a trolly motor it is, it’ll get you around town all day no problem. Seen a guy go 30k between oil changes and it took it like a champ.

Love it, new 2.0 is overly complicated but I mean...it works, less lag than you would think.

I have lots of coworkers that go there. Spent 35k to still learn how to take a tire off by me. Just get a job changing oil, dealership will usually pay for your classes while you work.

What do you think of the Pacifica Hybrid?

I was just driving them all week actually, feels like a golf cart that’s a spaceship inside. The surroundview backup camera will probably even get women to park straight...ish. Charge time is a bit high. 3hrs even with my quick charger 14 on 120v. Will say tho the range is rather poor at 36 miles on just electric.

My bad forgot pentastar question.

Yep. It sure is.....

I mean it’s like the stripper working a Wednesday afternoon, she’s not the best but she’s there when you needed her.

How are the regular SRT 6.4 Dodges (Charger/Challenger)?

Thanks! It's too bad it couldn't at least beat the old Volt in electric range and make full power without running the engine. My mom's Volt takes 10 hours to charge at 120v and 4 hours at 240v, so I'm used to long charge times.

Do you know any details on the plug-in Wrangler?

Quiet and need more tire, you accidentally break traction in the rain when launching since it’s the size of a small moon. Highway pulls are satisfying tho. Just remember interior doesn’t get any better from the v6 except the seats and unconnect. On a side note the standard trans in the 17+ challengers is basically impossible to heal toe down shift since they put the pedal so close to the trans tunnel your foot hits the carpet before you reach the pedal.

They have not given us the info on it yet

If I don't drive like an ass and take care of my 392, what kind of problems might I expect? Worried about the FCA meme

challenger rt hemi shaker or charger scat pack

How many niggers do you see every day driving those?

2012 ram 1500 with 82k miles. What problems should i be expecting at this point?

How is this even a question? Get the 6.4

is the dart a shit?
is the 200 a shit?

MODS

I'm not OP, but yes and yes.

t. Nignog

What percentage of Jeeps would you say has ever been off-road?

MODS!!

It’ll be fine

All v6s they got for 0 down that will probably be repo’d. Seen a ton of ghetto mods (window curtains, window tint on lights, house paint designs, massive wheels, tinted windshields, some are just full of guns and weed.

Front upper and lower ball joints are probably shot, spark plugs, and that probably it if you have kept up reg maintenance

Yes

10%

how do I tune a cummins diesel

Sorry not a tuner

What in fuck's name was in the heads of the FCA when they approved the look of the PT cruiser?

What's your opinion on the neon srt-4? Im considering looking for one but I barely have mechanical knowledge and most people tell me they're shit because they overpower them somehow.

>FCA
>PT Cruiser
you're off by over a decade

If you could choose whate ver dealership wwould you like to work in?

Go back to your safe space reddit. user is asking quality questions on the lifestyle choices of basketball Americans here

Lol “thinking” although it sold surprisingly well to people who just didn’t care

I drive an 03 neon as a beater, the only thing different in the srt is the engine so the interior is garbage. With a good tune on it the srt is pretty quick I’ll give it that but, I wouldn’t call it reliable. That being said one of our guys loves them. He has one that keeps up with my c5

Location or brand?

How about both?

Brand.

Chevy and either autonation or classic

Now that I’m thinking about it sober, it will probably be very similar to the 48v system they are putting in the 1500.

Is it worth the higher price getting a honda or toyota minivan over a grand caravan? It seems like i see old jelly bean shapped ones everywhere.

Get a Pacifica, way more features. The caravan is terrible

>Ask a dodge technician anything...
DO YOU LIKE ... MY CAR?
>MY CAR
>my car

I like the tofu corolla, slow but at least it’s not a Honda

How well enginnered are the supercharged hemis and how would you compare their quality to Vortecs

The engine itself is good, I have yet to see anything over 600hp output on the onboard dyno tho. They go through fuel faster than if you just poured it on the ground. Power band is rather peaky with a lot to be desired before 3k. Better than the vortec by miles

How does legroom and passenger loading compare to an 80s bronco 2 for the rear seats of the 2018 Wrangler 2 door?

PRANKD THAT WASNT EVEN MY CAR GOT EM

Never had an 80s bronco and I haven’t gotten a 2 door wrangler in yet

what do you think about the dodge dynasty

How do the 3.0l Ecodiesel hold up under real world use? I'm needing a new work truck and like the idea of 20+ mpg while towing my trailer (which is never heavier than 1200-1500lbs).

Thinking about getting a Challenger with the 392 Scat Pack Shaker package. What are your honest views on it? Currently deciding between that and a 2018 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package. About the same cost either way, Mustang is a couple grand less.

Try to stop damaging supplier parts while you repair adjacent components.
And if you do, stop sending it to warranty.
It harms the suppliers score and they pay for it.
>t. FCA warranty employee.

Why

>If you treat it like the barge with a trolly motor it is, it’ll get you around town all day no problem
Just 1 day?
Have you ever worked for a manufacturer that is known for reliability to compare? Do you think it's normal that a vehicle needs to be brought in for repairs regularly?

Kias minivan is actually better than the chrysler van.
not even kidding.
>but honda still does it best

yes

K car bs

Surprisingly well. 2019 hybrid model looks promising as well

Not him but the Mustang is the better performance car (but it's still a massive fat-ass).

It’s a boat but it’s comfy, pulls pretty hard and sounds ok. it’s quieter than the GT, slower, more expensive, and not as nice to drive. How do you plan to use it?

Yes to what, that you think it's normal that a vehicle should need to be repaired regularly? That's what I always see with Dodge guys, they still think it's the 90's and cars need a new starter 3 times a year and that's just to be expected.

Tell fca engineers to stop making us cut or break things to get to the the part we need to service, and don’t pay us half flat rate and you got a deal

Yes I have, and no. But most problems we see are user error.

^not op

Also, don’t spring for pirelli tires, they are almost impossible to road force balance correctly so you will get a vibration at 65-75 mph and it’s really irritating

delet this

I guess ill have to assign disign issue to all future claims then.
>but its the dealer that sets your pay, not us.

Just because the k car saved chrysler doesn’t make it a good car

Chrysler states all warranty work is half pay because according to them working on new cars is twice as easy. Taking a brake caliper off takes about the same time no matter what

For example, 1 axle brake job for customer pay is 2 hours while warranty for same job pays 0.8hrs...why?

i love my dodge dynasty and if i ever get another car i'm getting the chrysler new yorker or imperial

Hey man, far be it from me to tell you what to like, that’s car had a job and it did it. What I’m saying is you won’t find it in a museum in 50 years. Unless the janitor drives one.

we're cool honestly that is probably true and there's not much content of these online, i just like hearing what people have to say

What's the pay and work environment like? What type of education/experience do you realistically need to land this kind of job. Been thinking of switching industries and the autotech route fits my interests.

Can you tell the race of the owner by the interior smell?

I’ve heard boomers say that FCA uses thicker steel and paint for their cars, Is that true?

Pay varies, as far as experience, if you know anything about tools you will be fine. I have a guy on the line rack right now who knew literally nothing about cars and he hasn’t been fired yet. They give you classes and you get paid to go, if anything it’s a good way to get free school. I think it’s the best way to get a foot in the door for this industry. Just don’t expect to make a ton starting out. I avg 500-750 wk

Sometimes

If they do I don’t know what they use it on

Probably because it shouldnt take a trained tech 2 hours to change pads and lube slides.

Lube rack*

Bull.
>but at least our clearcoat is thicker than subarus

Also gotta account for parts, hoisting, paperwork, multipoint inspections, and advisors waiting on y’all ok. I had a wrangler on my lift for 2 days for a warranty brake job because of several of those reasons.

How similar are Dodges and Mazeratis apart from the window switches?

If you mean the k car Maserati’s then probably very similar but idk I’ve never dealt with one

Sounds like you need better management then. We investigate warranty repairs at the engineering center and make sure that the hours are right. From paperwork to vehicle out of the garage.
Mulitpoint inspections are not related to warranty so that is done on the dealers time.

My dad has an 02 Ram 1500 that he bought new. It now as nearly 240,000 miles and has been absolutely trouble free. It doesn't burn a drop of full synth oil in the 5k miles between changes. Does he own a unicorn or has he just been astronomically lucky?

As far as the ghibli goes..
>all control stalks
>switches
>steering wheel, although with different trim
>screens, electronics
But the chassis and engine are different so aside from the stuff you touch its not really similar.
>then again all the materials like the headliner, seats, dash etc. Is all usually made by the same supplier that makes the components for the charger or other models.