/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 20th of August:
636 – Battle of Yarmouk: Arab forces led by Khalid ibn al-Walid take control of the Levant away from the Byzantine Empire, marking the first great wave of Muslim conquests and the rapid advance of Islam outside Arabia.
1000 – The foundation of the Hungarian state by Saint Stephen, celebrated as a National Day in Hungary.
1858 – Charles Darwin first publishes his theory of evolution through natural selection in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London, alongside Alfred Russel Wallace's same theory.
1940 – In Mexico City, Mexico exiled Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky is fatally wounded with an ice axe by Ramón Mercader. He dies the next day.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - Rally Up
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-60-rally-up.1037651/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/w1mam119y240gj9/M&T_v2.01.7z
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-61-the-dragon-throne.1038599/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/developer-diary-8th-of-august-2017.1038756/
pastebin.com/(something
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gooks suck because 1/3rd of their pops are slaves on the primary culture, meaning your pop promotion and efficiency in general is garbage

clack my ass

Reminder that M&T 2.01 is out

This, but I don't see what's the big deal anyway.

>1858 – Charles Darwin first publishes his theory of evolution through natural selection in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London, alongside Alfred Russel Wallace's same theory.

What the fuck has happened to R&I? I never thought I'd see the day. How long has it been that his reign of terror has continued?

Who cares

See the OP, the autist now adds his mantra there

t. gigau

You goddamn fool

Look at the OP. Read moqugasume. Notice the infopic. R&I has embedded himself in this general without needing the first post.

Samefag.
No one cares about your fake drama.

t. R&I

What are you implying?

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 20th of August:
636 – Battle of Yarmouk: Arab forces led by Khalid ibn al-Walid take control of the Levant away from the Byzantine Empire, marking the first great wave of Muslim conquests and the rapid advance of Islam outside Arabia.
1000 – The foundation of the Hungarian state by Saint Stephen, celebrated as a National Day in Hungary.
1858 – Charles Darwin first publishes his theory of evolution through natural selection in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London, alongside Alfred Russel Wallace's same theory.
1940 – In Mexico City, Mexico exiled Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky is fatally wounded with an ice axe by Ramón Mercader. He dies the next day.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - The Dragon Throne
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-61-the-dragon-throne.1038599/

EU4 DD 08/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/developer-diary-8th-of-august-2017.1038756/

>Random Country Picker

# Archive (mods only)

#Where to get these games
pastebin.com/(something other than this whiny asshole's manifesto)

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/(something not outdated)

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Please refrain from discussion of any outside communities (discords, steam groups, etc) as it typically causes shitposting and namefag drama.

Old Thread also petty fucking shit where you don't link the actual old thread would stop

Is M&T good anyway?

Shut up, monkey man

>being classified in the same family as ape means you are a monkey
t. american education

Never played Vicky 2 before. What's the best start nation in HPM for someone who's familiar with other games (CK2, EU4, HoI3)?

GODLESS PIECE OF SHIT, YOUR MOTHER IS A MONKEY

>your sister-wife

Prussia, France, USA

/pol/ larping is so boring.

Good goy

I'm Jewish now after seeing this

Idontseenewthreadsfuckme
Fucking Milan's Lombard Idea thing gives fucking ten extra years to separatism

The wrap up of southern belaruse from yesterday, holes are starting to form in the USSR line from losing three armies and having to shift everything back towards my muscow push

I was also playing NWN today and I have to say its a buggy piece of shit

GO POLAND GO

What is NWN?

"No Way, Nigger"

also a couple of corps in smaller battles, any way nazis have lent me a couple of expenditary forces, including the famous Gunderian with infantry for some reason

Neverwinter nights, its 3D 3.5 dnd by obsidian

>Neverwinter nights
How is this even related to grand strategy?

My reinforcements for muscow, two fresh tank divisions and some Leningrad redeployments. A handful of max organization divisions make more difference than you think once the city is encircled and starts trying to break out against worn down divisions

Post world map

MEIOU and Taxes have bug with national ideas window, can somebody post a link on fixed file from developer?

Is there a fixed version out?

NWN is D&D 3.0

>MEIOU
AEIOU?

it doesnt tho, see:

Here is my current progress. I probably don't need to invade the Caucasus, so phase four is just going to be 3/4ths of my entire front rushing towards stalingrad

>I probably don't need to invade the Caucasus, so phase four is just going to be 3/4ths of my entire front rushing towards stalingrad
t. Hitler

>phase four is just going to be 3/4ths of my entire front rushing towards stalingrad
Surely that would never backfire?

>eating lithunia

I really need to prove you something? Here is screenshot from another player with the same problem.

jesus christ i actually won that
i will build a great cathedral in kiev in memory of this event

What could go wrong

Enjoy Big Lithuanian&Polish Cock in the 70s

Fuel use is of course massive but with Leningrad and south belaruse finished I can just hold everywhere and burn through my cash reserve moving in enough fuel to capture Muscow

Here's right before I captured 1/2 of the north russian group. Wish I could of refit that armor

>play denmark
>win the war for regular sweden
>this happens
w-what did I do wrong?Is this intended?
And does the kalmar union exists in this mod?

And here's final encirclement of three big southern belaruse encirclements. They were all just pouring into this hole I left between Kiev and Muscow. But the thing about south belarus is that it's real swampy, real slow too move, and pretty much nothing worth capturing

from what i've seen it has even more memes than the base game

Tractors in HPM should make RGO size smaller but production bigger, so that you get a lot of unemployment but still make more money.

>to R&I
Who is he?

A lot of the soviet amour and mechanized units were just too late to the party. There's so many holes in the soviet line they end up standing around or getting encircled. Majority of the soviet Armour right now is jerking off in front of a river north and south of the middle bulge with next to none of it near the city proper

ANNEX ALL OF IT

Another example of what I'm talking about, one, single, premium medium armor division just standing there near 14 divisions I just freed up

These guys are just going straight forward to meet up with the Muscow group once they head south. That'll be one nice final encirclement to finish off the illusion of a soviet front still existing, then both these army groups will go straight to stalingrad while the ukraine group pushes straight to stalingrad

>mfw westernized as korea in 1873
I thought some redditor here said it was impossible?

>tfw lying for memes
I thought people were above this?

It's not even hard, really. Korea with 5% soldiers is pretty hard to beat back, went way over infamy limit with them in HPM

R8 my PLMC.

Is this HRE too gross? Thinking of removing Northern Italy from it since Italy just gets raped every game.

>tfw played korea before hpm added serfs who have the same effect on negating pop promotion as slaves and there's no event to outlaw it, unlike slavery, so it's impossible to get a decent amount of intellectuals but can still wax lyrical to people playing the current version of HPM about how easy it was before it was changed with absolutely no idea how retarded i sound
feels good lads

whats the third icon on you have there? before the corruption one

>starts downloading Darkest Hour
>ETA 21h 8m
is it worth the weight?

>australia will never ever get dh

Foreign heir (elective monarchy)

My fuel is going back up from the imports and conservative measures

Now's the time to do Sealion while they're not expecting it

>trotsky thought exiling himself in a monkey tier 3rd world shithole was better than in the civilized west
>gets murdered
lmao
so this
is the power
of tankie """""""inteligence""""""

>west
>civilized
wew

Can't forget about the liberation of Finland though, especially since its only going to take five divisions and I can liberate their resources too

UMAA is the correct HPM checksum, yes?

>tankie
Ugh, lad?
Nope, ZIVJ for retail, and apparently GAJL for steam.

Nevermind, refreshed and now it's GAJL. That seems right.

I've been thinking of making a fantasy mod for magic, mythological creatures, and the like in EU4. Just two questions:

>Is there a way to create my own hidden global value, like the reformation meter, that I can add or subtract from with events?
My general idea is that events will start out as subtle, mysterious and paranormal events, before escalating to actual supernatural phenomena; investigating and accepting them will generally raise the global 'magic-ness', making events more frequent and of larger scale, while ignoring and rejecting them will generally lower it-- if things escalate to the point where you have elves, dragons, and literal witchcraft running around, expect the Pope to start calling crusades to purge the godless taint with fire and sword.

>What would you like to see in such a mod?

I haven't played EUIV since pretty much the base game, wtf are all these expansions and where do I start?

>i want to take all the bad stuff they added to ck2 and add it to eu4, to make the most shit game of all time
Back you go.

Its pretty much a waiting game now, and its a little too hot out for that to work for the reds

>tfw mana simulator will finally have actual mana bar

>I haven't played EUIV since pretty much the base game, wtf are all these expansions and where do I start?
They add and refine mechanics; I'm not sure if any of the are essential besides Conquest of Paradise, which you'll definitely want to get.

As for where you start, that depends on whether or not you'd prefer to pay $200 for DLC or not pay for DLC.

>paying for video games ever when you can pirate that shit for free

It's just a trope. Don't get so worked up about it.

>they fell for it

Someone post the Vicky 2 tech guide

No

Wait a second
I thought they only needed to hold the capital for mere 60 days in order to declare independence? And Managua is the capital of Nicaragua, right?

But it wasn't "white saviour" at all, they were two con artists who wanted to make money by establishing themselves as kings, it was the literal opposite of being a saviour.

we did it reddit

Enjoy a boring as fuark game now.

Friend just sent me pic related, which one of you faggots goes to College of Charleston

>awoo general, /gsg/, and eurobeat memes
dunno but he's got pretty good taste

>tfw you know a bunch of /pol/ autists irl
>tfw nobody is /gsg/
hold me willy brehs

>EU4
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this game is so popular. These people have never heard of strategy games in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Civilization 5, they were completely alien to them. And they can't enjoy these games because they consider them boring. They want a game that isn't necessarily smart or deep or immersive, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good games or good strategy, nor have they ever picked a book about history. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. EU4 is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love history". The entire foundation of the game is built upon the dichotomy between "silly events and fun stuff" and "this is actually historical and realistic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "this game is alt-history but can still be interesting and challenging" bullshit that EU4 shits out in almost every campaign is what appeals to it's audience. The game doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any historical event, so it spouts these random rng events. Nevermind the embarrassing, forced "references", or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the devs want to remind you that this is historical strategy, or how the entire game is a series of different forgettable campaigns with just enough incompatible historical references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for acknowledging them, or how the nations have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious stereotypes than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Europa Universalis 4.

>tfw when you're sharing your general with literal redditors from /pol/