/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Waffenträger Edition

Previous Thread: warthunder.com/en/news/4868-marathon-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-awards-together-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

gdoc.pub/doc/1mto7rXhR5y4BqKxMqAgYkwSrNezTIm9aJ_jDU0SYRKk
youtube.com/watch?v=BO72Lg7OZ6U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdfaust
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for when

Second for Russia is literally the most perfect place on earth.

3rd for he219

first for where are the 1.71 leaks

I had great time playing shermans and finally got my Walker bulldog (now reserching Super Pershing). He's 6.3 but I often get 7.3 rating and I can do very little even when I got enemies from the back or side it takes 2-4 shots unless i got ammorack and it explodes. I have big turret which is big target. Many times I was just one shotted before doing anything. I would like tips because I am lost how to play him.

>tonks
kys!

nth for anyone still playing this game is a cuck

considering you're still here you clearly apply

whats next them drinking cokes after they captured some and chilled them on a flight?

This is going to be so easy with Italian planes

>832

almost done researching the B-17

is it any good? o hope the most famous bomber ever isnt bad

Allied bombers are food for German fighters in general, against nips you should do well tho

Non-pens on the 105 Tiger with T29's APCBC shell

wow I love living the bias life.

As long as you're a decent tailgunner then you should be able to kill a fighter or two before getting shot down. Just expect other players to talk shit because you're not a loser in a fighter like they are and participating in the "meta".

You can waste 109G6s and K4s easy.

T29 is so OP)))))))))
Tiger is so bad))))))))))))))))))))

OMG, T-34 SPAA IS TOMORROW

GET HYPED!!!

100mm apds being absorbed by leoparA1A1 tracks on the front

what's even worse is when T-10M APCBC dings off the UFP of a leoshit as if it's impenetrable
and it happens way more often than it should

>BMP-1
>BTR-152a with some 14.5mms (no one knows if 2x or 4x yet)
>Ki-109
>Waffentrager already got a devblog.

Going further and much less unsubstantiated:

>M50 Ontos
>Autoloaders (for USA?)
>"Poof"
>Re 2000, 2001 or 2005 (or some combination)
>More than 1 boat plane

Also, expect "major announcements/mechanic changes" with Gamescom.

>BTR-152a
wait really
hell yes

Yeah, the Soviets needed an alternate AA gun to break up the spam of low RoF 37mms, and I guess Gaijin didn't want to do the ZSU-37-2 Yensei, so they went with this.

Poof?

Also on the list of "stuff really fucking overdue by now Gaijiggles":
- more Bf 110s
- more P-40
- P-47 Razorback
- He 177 and other German heavies
- T17 with cannon turret
- M8 greyhound
- M7 Priest
- 25-pdr Bishop
- German M48Awhatevertheupgradedversionistheyhad and/or NVA T55A
- Japanese Heavy tank line

Post beauty shots

>it will probably get a full AP belt
Can you imagine how hard that thing will rape tanks
Think an M16 but able to pen 45mm of armor

Poof is from a list of really stupid memes someone spouted after having supposedly seen the leaked entire vehicle list for the patch. I wasn't going to repost the whole thing because it was shit like: "floaty de la boaty" and "slavic pointy boi"

Didn't spicbee accidentally leak modern tanks of some kind?

>Re 2005's stall speed is 96mph

W E W

Honestly western engineers are retarded. Instead of Chobham and other useless shit they should have just covered modern tanks in Leopard 1 tracks

I don't follow Youtube persons at all. They're mostly worthless as sources of information. I got one guy on the inside who has a Russian contact about equally as well planted, but even those two can't really confirm stuff outright anymore. Gaijin has gotten /way/ better about suppressing leaks compared to a few years ago where all you had to do was keep the dev version of the game updated and manually crawl the main website.

Funnily enough one of the best ways to "confirm" stuff would be to track their Coub channel as they tend to upload the videos anywhere from 72 to 24 hours too early there...

>germans need tanks not of their design.
GTFO use the leopard with 90mm not foreign designs

>dive away from 109K-4 in my Sea Fury
>red line then straighten out
>flying 450 mph level
>he's catching me
fuck this game.

To be fair, 45mm is barely cutting it. KVPTs will get wrecked by spaced plates like on the side of a Centurion. It'll struggle even with Panthers.

That said, any poor sod in a Hellcat/RU-251/whatever else that's lightly armored is going to get evaporated.

Are you spaded?

>MFW I'm gaining probably a total of 30,000 RP towards the Leopard A1A1 just by spading the Tiger II (H) which I received a Talisman for

The K-4 is actually really fast especially at low altitude, the SF's speed advantage there isn't that much

When?

Yes.

nice leddit post

All depends really. I'm no Mike10d because I'm not that desperate for information, but I've been doing this since planes beta. Only sources really left are Coub leaks, Miketendy, and whatever you can find with the CDK on the dev server if it ever updates more than like 100mb for no reason. Anything else is rumored trash, including what I posted prior.

I can kind of outright guarantee the BMP-1 though. It's track textures showed up at the same time as the Waffentrager's (gg gaijin) and then this popped up a bit later.

any way to turn off the kill cam after death?
it's getting pretty annoying

The soviet BMPs and BTRs were datamined from some dev shit. There was also some new ATGM, the missile itself, not a carrier, datamined.

gdoc.pub/doc/1mto7rXhR5y4BqKxMqAgYkwSrNezTIm9aJ_jDU0SYRKk
this is from before the events so it's legit

>the fastest prop fighter of all time get's caught by a plane from the 30's with some water injection
>and then a Ki-84 does the same thing next match
No, i'm done

It's useful though

>Sea Fury
>fastest prop fighter of all time

Phew....

>not wanting to know where they are so you cant CAS them to death
-10 Royal Crowns from your account

The Mk X fits that criteria, not the Mk 11

not when it's obvious why I died and I'm trying to type out a message to my team

>British/American-run-to-spawn-to-suicide-into-high-skill-rocket-barrage-plane cancer
>German 234/4-run-to-map-border-3s-after-match-start-and-snipe-6-kills-minimum-per-match cancer

What's worse right now?

tfw no modern planes

don't modern planes just lob homing missiles at each other and go home?

Who /nva/ here?

So is there still time for me to reinstall, and hop on gaijins wild ride for the Sd.Kfz.234/4 or should I give up on that shit?

actually fuck it, not gonna spend 8 days grinding for 1 vehicle

>TFW spotting a B-29, trying to steal the victory from us, on a Night Battle of the Bulge from 4 miles away. And DECKING him with the Me 262 BK-5 with Air Target Rounds

w e w

you couldn't anyway.
each task period is 2 days.

Whatever then, out of my hands.

He was also a brazilian so it felt even better than it already did.

To be honest, it's neat, but you can do just as good (if not better) with the /2. The /4 also has one less crew member and is 0.3BR higher.

i fucking hate tankers so fucking much

You need seven marks and there is only 3 left, unless you already have 4 done, you're outta luck buddy

But you /can/ buy it tovarisch. :3

No I'm free, that vehicle was the only reason I thought to reinstall, but I was away from Grind Thunder for so long it wasn't that pressing, plus I uninstalled so I was too lazy to go through that process again.

Now at a moment of weakness I thought about reinstalling and going through the monotonous frustrating grind like I did last year for a single vehicle, and thankfully I was too late.

Would be nice if gaijin would just give us a full armored cars line like I wanted but noo, it has to be through these grindy grinding games, fuck that.

Yes, please buy more shiny birds

Is the IS-2 mod 44 any good? I'm thinking about making a 6.3 soviet lineup with that, the T-44, SU-100, and ASU-85.

>Re 2005's Rate of Climb at 20 m/s

even better version, T-34-122))))))

>nva
I hope you are talking about the air force of East Germany and not of Vietnam.

What types of tanks are good for close range flanks?

>He doesn't know that NVA stands for Nationale Volksarmee

>below 6km the G-6 climbs better and is faster than the G-14 while turning just as well
>0.7 br lower
why is this plane shit then?

But the Air force (LSK) is a separate branch from the Army (NVA).

It isn't, it's just that naziboos try it out stock after being used to the exceptionally maneuverable F-4 and G-2, and they think it's bad without even flying it that much, and also because it did use to be shit

The Luftstreitkräfte der Nationalen Volksarmee is a branch within the army dummy.

What I was trying to say is that the LSK shouldn't be referred to as NVA, not just because its also used by some asian fucks, but also because you wouldn't say Army when referring to an F-86 or a Hunter because the Air Forces are a separate from the Army and from the Navy, who have their own branch of aviation. Its just an improper way to address the plane and the Air Force.

>Being this autistic

was meant for everyone who's sporting the insignias of the LaSK AND LSK therefore NVA was used

Are you implying it'll be that high? It's a fucking armored car with 4 HMGs, don't care if it's postwar, it should be 3.7 max

>G-6
>not exceptionally maneuverable
I mean it's not entirely as maneuverable as the G-2 but the thing's still nimble as fuck
I love the G-6

It's literally angled 185mm of armor. You could go through the turret side at that angle, but that would require thinking which is obviously too much for a premium handheld burgershitter like you.

>more P-40s
Please. I want the P-40B already damn it.

He probably shot it flat on and took the screen when the tiger turned to shoot someone else you dumb nazicunt

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

youtube.com/watch?v=BO72Lg7OZ6U

read
Typical naziboo shilling. And FYI I've penned angled turrets like that more than I can count.

So you shot at an angled turret. Nice job.

>list of really fucking overdue
>no M4A3 75mm
>no Daimler-Benz panther
>no Spähpanzer Leopard paired with removing any trace of the Ru's existence
>no captured/Free France faguette tanks
>no átok tanks
trash list

place your bets on tomorrow's devblog

me 163 with the light sensor air to air mortars

1000ge on Re pastaplanes or He177

>Krautbolt spam (A plane that gets a airspawn, and yet they're the first motherfuckers diving on the deck on the first bomber they see)
>BV-boats
>Other less-useful bombers
>retards in gunpods 109Fs

#NOTMYLUFTWAFFE
Good thing Italy carries 3.3-3.7 br

P-51H

>play nazzibult in >arkaden for 11 kill event achivement
>fight hurricanes and biplanes
>feel guilty
>two 15 kill matches
>finish rest of grind spamming Do-217s

>light sensor air to air mortars
What?

announcing the addition of a new and incredibly useful tier 4 "binoculars" module

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdfaust

>me 410 are getting two pairs of 21 cm rockets.. >they had 3 pairs

gaijoob

gay shit