The budget is $20k. The ST is kitted out with all the extras and 14k miles. The EBM is base with only 5k...

The budget is $20k. The ST is kitted out with all the extras and 14k miles. The EBM is base with only 5k. Which do you pick and why.

Used 86, it's RWD and not pigfat

It's also slow as fuck. EBM with a tune can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

Then buy the Ecobewst if 0-60 is all you care about

If the comparison were ebm vs brz, I absolutely would, in a heartbeat. But it isn't. ST is also much quicker than the slowbaru, but compared to the ebm it's more interesting because it has more features including a nicer sound setup and much more room, if slightly slower.

If you have ever driven a focus st you would already know that they drive like shit. Get off Veeky Forums and go drive these cars in real life

Jesus Christ

If you don't care about FWD and just want to commute then ST is best option, if you're looking to upgrade stuff or want to enjoy a good RWD chassis then 86 is the answer. I've said my peace, later fellas

FoST
The EBM is a fine car, but it's still a mustang and the only mustang i will buy has 8 cylinders.

I've test driven both and that's why I'm torn. They're both good in different ways. I want to like the Mustang more I just wish it wasn't a Mustang

Kinda like what I said, the worst part about the Mustang is that it's a Mustang

Then just buy a 2.0t Camaro

Or a flat spider abarth

Just... no. No in every way possible.

>FWD 5 door hatch vs faster, better handling RWD 2 door coupe

I wonder what Veeky Forums will recommend.

You know it's faster than the ecoboost right?

Couldn't care less

but Veeky Forums loves hot hatches

St with a tune feels like a little rocket due to their lightweight and 300+hp. I say go with ST

>not a Fiesta ST

You're fuckin up m8

Spiders are too new to be that cheap, you'll have a hard time finding one that has already depreciated down to $20k.

I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want a shitty fiesta over the better-in-every-way focus

Fiesta is smaller, more responsive, and better to drive. And cheaper

I'd buy focus for DD. More room, more options.

ST because hatch. Notchback grocery holes are fucking useless.

Smaller is bad, it's cramped and ugly and slow, and yeah it's cheap, it's also a terrible value.

Ecoboost mustang would be the perfect car if it was 7/8 scale.

Anyway, I'd still take it over a Focus.

FoST is a more entertaining car than the EBM. Even if the mustang is technically faster feels soo slow. I'd recommend the Fiesta ST tho OP.

Fiesta actually has more room in the front than the focus.

That's what I'm saying, they should've just made a new body. No reason for the hood to be V8 sized with the little 4 cylinder in it. Even though I know it's a good car part of me feels like I'll never get over the stigma.