First Car

Hello guys, im going to have a drivers license soon, what car would you reccomend me? Max 1100€ or 1500$, im thinking about Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi, 66kW (90Hp) what do you good people think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoscout24.de/angebote/mercedes-benz-200-d-diesel-gruen-d69c6535-6504-1956-e053-e350040ae474?cldtidx=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you require a diesel?

Fiat 126

>Fiat 126
Fuck off dude, no-one likes your shit clown-mobile.

Yes, i would like to, because you know, Fuel consumption

I would love it, but my dad says no, and i understand it bcus it is just easy destroyable box.

Go for older German cars dude, like a Golf mk3 diesel. Older French cars are commonly moneypits, especially with early turbocharged diesel engines.

I mean, i dont really require a diesel, if any gas car has low consumption then no problem, and sorry for my english, Hope u guys understand me

Im sorry i dont like golf Cars, dunno why, maybe because of interior

I get you man, I really don't like any Volkswagen cars. But when I'm honest their Diesels from the end of the 90s are really pretty good. I mean they've got shit power but these fuckers just keep driving.

For gas cars, I'd suggest getting a Toyota Starlet. Indestructible, light and moderate fuel usage (1 liter on about 15.5 km).

I understand you, but sadly there are no starlets for sale in Czech Republic

That sucks mate, what about a Mazda 121? Pretty much a starlet, but with a Mazda badge.

id recommend 106, small, zippy, consumes no fuel, chepa parts, very reliable contrary to what you would expect from a frenchie and it is a grip monster, the handling on those things is surprisingly good, and mine is only a 1.1. The only problem is the real axle that can be problematic, but thats shared along many peugeot and citroen cars from that times, and if neglected the rebuild can be expensive. When checking out 306, 106 or saxo or something similair, check for the rear sagging or excessive camber. If present then run away

Twingo for 1k

121 is a fiesta, not a staret.

Dude! That is awesome car! Thanks dude, there is one for 670€ (830$) with 143k kilometers driven, thats nice

There's only one problem with the Fiesta/121: they rust like hell. MAKE SURE the body is hard and thoroughly check the underbody.

what said
my dad had a 306 sedan with the 1.9 TD and it was a fucking beast
I would also recommend a golf3 also with the 1.9 TDI or a 1.6 with methane or something
I know its not that great but currently I own a w203 and I kinda regret not buying a cheap shitbox as my first car

Sorry dont like Twingo

Alright, thx for letting me know that :)

Sorry but i prefer 5 door, :(

they also came in 5 door config but they look worse, also i imagine the legroom is atrocious in the rear. The 306 is a bit bigger and sexier so good luck

Mercedes w201 or w124

I recommend a cheap Asian car. Daihatsu, Hyundai or Suzuki. Look up the Cuore or the Atos and you can often find them with 60k km for the same price as a european equivalent with double the amount.

what about fabia or felicia?
Those are quite nice too, im also from CZ and gonna get my first driving licence in 2 weeks.

Fabia, i really dont like the first verison of it, i mean mk.2. Or 3 fabia are very nice, but expensive, and Felicia is just not comfortable for me.

Corolla

but twingo like you

Dude you fuckin made my day xD xD not kidding, im going to die because of hard laughin :D

fiesta 4 door. bit more reliable than 306 and decent mpg.

my citroen berlingo van uses the exact same engine as that, the only problem with it is it goes through coolant very quickly, other than that it is an incredibly reliable engine

>doesn't like the interior of older golfs
>wants an old french car
golly

Mk1 Fabia is objectively best choice in Czech republic though
Cheap parts, easy to work on adn more realiable than other VAG cars, especially with 1.4 8v engine
Just avoid RS version of it, these are either modded to shit or ridiculously expensive

It begins
The great american shitposting about muh gasoline v8 lardbadge with 400hp

Punto

You could get for the same pricing (1400 vs 1500) a Ford Focus TDDi which is far more reliable than the TDCi honhon engine the Fiesta have.
Also it's really comfy, MPGs that makes modern cars blush (I cannot literally make it go below 20km/l, max I got 27km/l) and also cheap to hell in europe.

autoscout24.de/angebote/mercedes-benz-200-d-diesel-gruen-d69c6535-6504-1956-e053-e350040ae474?cldtidx=2
I dare you faggot

aaahh, the legendary 0-100km/h in 32sec.

Why have I to have a fetish for pure shitboxes?

rear beams are doable if you have a spare and a little bit of tinkering experience

I replaced mine in a couple of days, with quite a bit of swearing

Thx for ideas guys, but i made my choice by picking the mazda 121, looks comfy to me :) but maybe there is a chance i will change my choice, but i really dont know.

Toyota Corolla E12

I've owned a 306 HDI, 1100km per tank, comfy as fuck - get it.

punto mk2, 1.9 jtd or a 1.1/1.2 petrol

Not him but with a "TDCi honhon engine" I've done 350k km with no major problems

I didn't say it's unreliable, I merely stated that it's French.
Still the 1.8 TDDi is simpler: no common rail, no high pressure pump and injectors that could run on blended diesel.
Fewer points of stress -> less likely to go kaputt

Do it its a good car.

That's a fun little car to throw around and hot box in

fuel consumption is the worst thing you can prioritize, believe me. get something fun, you're Veeky Forums person

my first car was super weak shitbox because i thought i need it to burn as little fuel as possible. now i have a miata and i'll never make same mistake (mistake of picking a car because it's economical) again

get 106 gti or saxo vts, bring some happiness into your life

>fuel consumption is the worst thing you can prioritize
Does petrol cost 1.50€ per liter also where you live?

2cv or a espace

306 is great, super comfy if you can get the top trim seats especially

306's are fun to drive though, they manage to combine ride quality Ive never experienced in a cheap Japanese hatch with good handling. Granted the diesel isn't but the tradeoff is they're dirt cheap to own in the long term, my 406 is at 305,000 km and outside of servicing I haven't had to touch the motor.

Buy something german with a small displacement diesel engine

I get you, but you know, hapinnes in my life about cars is that i can ride whenever i want and wherever i want, long, short roads, i dont need a fast car, i just love driving

2.0 HDI is bulletproof though. Not great on fuel consumption but very reliable.

Also, be careful, PSA cars are well known for shitting their rear ends...

Source : I'm french.

(get a twingo instead)

lol he needs a small city car

A Corsa with a 1.5 or 1.7 Isuzu engine.

I can already hear the rust crumbling.

My HDI was amazing on fuel, 5.5/100 which I've never encountered on another 17 year old car.
>Also, be careful, PSA cars are well known for shitting their rear ends...
What's this mean? You talking about the torque tube arrangement?

If you want to hate cars and your life, buy that car.

1,25€ for 98 petrol right now here. If you do less than 1000km monthly and difference of fuel consumption between cars is about 3l/100km, you will pay 40 maybe 50€ more for petrol.
If you do more than 1000km monthly, buy a car with LPG.
As this user says, 106GTI, Saxo VTS, Polo GTI, Fabia 2.0, Almera GT, Corsa GSi, Clio 2.0
Imagine, less than 8s from 0-100 with this little bitch.