/fng/ - Fortnite General

We aint that dead yet edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

>FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

>Some useful information
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWt-LgADVmRdQnS9OomDFqjqXQT7wyyPA1unctnaPHM/htmlview?sle=true#

Anyone have a picture of megabase Kyle upgraded? Does he get a faggy cowboy hat like my fucking kinetic guardian?

I dont have a pic but he gets a helmet. Think daft punk sorta.

I want Centurion to sit on my face

Nothing's worse than upgrading a character that looks okay at first, then you upgrade them to a complete dildo suit.

Thankfully i havent run into that

>range weapon llama yet again
fucking pathetic

you can turn that off now, thankfully

>Join a randoms storm shield as outlander
>I try my best to try and lower the stigma of shitty outlanders
>I pull highest offense done
>other outlander that joined only did like 600 to my 2800
ITS ALWAYS THE LIMITED EDITION ONES TOO

Had a really nice outlander earlier who dropped me 999 metal for building my base and I think he gave the soldier some nuts n bolts too

Those are the best ones

>outlander
>"ranger" class
>aka sniper

The Magical Point and Click Adventure never ends.

>Play point and click
>still get top
You just need to line up enough heads.

Hey look, it's a repeat of the "you're either playing solo or getting matched with 19s on a level 40 mission" episode because I'm required to do Evacuate the Shelter twice

>Do quickplay
>Get into someone's stormshield
>They built barebones defenses
>My ammo melts at the speed of light by wave 5

I think that all of those outlanders are just constructor mains that either don't have a good soldier and didn't want to double-constructor, or are doing an outlander quest.

Can my toaster run this game? If not, is it possible for me to get a graphics card and make it take the GPU load away from my APU? Please don't bully me

If my potato can run it at low stats youll be fine

>potato
>low stats

Could you tell me more? I don't know much about computers, I just want to be able to play this game at an okay framerate and have fun because I only have 2 friends and I'm lonely, I wanna get this game so I can spend time with people and be less depressed

My GPU got fried last week in a power outage and I'm running lowest settings just fine.

Thats me, because ive been constructing forever

I was VERY excited to find this.

FOUR WOOD!!!!!!!!!

F O U R W O O D
O
U
R
W
O
O
D

Why can't I play on my epic account from Xbox on PC. That's some bullshit

Is this good? I think I heard shredders are good, but I'm new and dont know anything

Not that great no crit chance but the energy damage and the headshot damage are good rolls

The fuck is even the point of a patrol ward honestly

trash loot to piss you off, friend of mine got 2 legendary patrol wards from that troll stash a week back

>2 legendary patrol wards

Now he has good transformation fodder

To be fair some of the best and most helpful players i have met have been Outlanders, to bad 90% seems to be cunts

>Doing a random Lars Van
>Outlander there needs to do siphon, i know how much of a pain in the ass that is so i help
>I'm low on crafting shit, so instead i spend 1k in metal to build structures
>We eventually fail because he started the stage 2 and 3 with the fort being a swiss cheese
>Starts lambasting us for not building enough traps
>Some guy says hes low on crafting supplies
>"You need to learn to farm"

>fort being a swiss cheese
Why the fuck do people do this? Why do they make windows for throwers to chuck a baseball in the hole so it can hit the objective?
WHO DOES THIS BENEFIT?

I meant the two super chests in one room. The wood is an erection joke, dummies.

i think he meant the building was fucking shot to shit, and had holes bashed in it, and he started it before it could repair, metal takes a good 20 seconds or more to get back to full hp i think

Ah okay. I just never understood people leaving objective exposed

God, that sounds awful.
>windows
You put windows on outer-lines for when you need to get a ground-level shot without compromising your defensive line too much by making it a low-wall. But yeah, on smaller bases, that shit's dumb.

people still fucking do it, like on retrive the data, when they dont build a fucking roof, fucking retards

>Roof
I always pop the balloon and stand ready to stamp 4 roof tiles with 1 corner up on that shit. Someone always should.

i slam jam a roof flat squares, with the pyramid roof bits on top, because fuck lobbers

I do literally that except 1 spot I place my BASE

That's fair, yeah. I just like to get right into the action, so I do 4 tiles instead of 8, but I suppose I should considering I'm moving into the 2nd half of Plankershit now.

Can't use healing pads or patrol wards in transformations.

why the fuck not, that makes no sense

FUCKING JEWS

You're kidding, right?

Headshot damage is better than crit if you plan to headshot almost all the time. The only thing not great is that the rolls themselves are on the low end.

Maybe tomorrow will be a super llama

how do you figure that? it's just as bad as raw damage, just a different body part. crit and crit damage will always do way more damage to the head

super hero

also they took the D3 model of crit + crit damage in a game that has no business dealing with crit and crit damage and that is going to really fuck this game in the long run... in d3 at least you can re roll stats and find gear pretty easily because they realized their flaw; with this game you will never get duplicates of any schematic unless you are paying out the ass to try and get rolls.

>Finish installing game
>Have to enter a name for my home base now

Can it be changed later? I tried using google but couldn't figure much out. Some results have people saying that your home base name is your in-game name, is this true on the PC version?

You cant change it

Well shit, I guess I better think of something nice then.

But my in-game name won't be the same as my home base name, right? That's just some console bullshit?

I believe its console only, yes. Your IGN should be what your epic games account name is i believe

And can that be changed? Just curious, not that I have a problem with the username I chose. But being able to change things is FUN

Ur base name shows up in stormshield missions; otherwise it's ur account name. you will see your account name in chat

That feel

potato quality, console gamers don't have the right to post here.

well its the xbox version. Not sure what you were expecting.

>How do you figure that.
Because that's what the numbers say? Crit damage mod is added together with headshot damage mod for crit headshots. This means crits do relatively less for headshots than they do for normal hits.

Don't you die on me.

I don't want to open my mini llamas because i know i'll be dissapointed.

How many can i stack?

I have about 70 so not sure yet

>someone openly over builds and doesn't start till everything is traped and T3

Are you trying to save on ammo or what?

I tend to get a decent amount of schematic exp from them, so I'm usually happy. I think the most I've gotten in a single normal mini is 1600. (2x800)

what level? i saw a smasher break through a t3 stone wall at power 58 missons

What can you do if somenoe is afk leeching?

If you open your mini-llamas, make sure to open them one by one to propagate a new seed each time. If you roll 10, then you're bound to a single seed, which could give you 0 silvers. Opening one by one gives you more silvers bizarrely enough.

Leave or sink the whole ship by AFKing yourself. If I notice early enough that it will be an Outlander farms all game or insta-AFKs, then I will simply leave or sink my ship by purposely failing the mission. I've had so many rage responses from AFKers from doing so, it brings a bit of enjoyment.

I'm more apt to believe this is confirmation bias than truth.

making things t3 in a 40 is normal, now is he trying to make a retarded death funnel, that can be annoying

I had a 23 download the data mission earlier where someone went over the build limit placing down a bunch of traps ('I don't know what happened, it was 30 away last time I looked.' 'I swear I watched the build limit not increase when traps were placed down the last time I paid attention.') to complete a death tunnel. The cherry on top was that zero husks came from the direction. Everything came from the opposite direction and 3-4 tiles higher at that.

>actually ran out of ammo for once
>couldn't make any more during my last mission

So uh, what are some great sources of nuts and bolts? I'll admit I haven't been collecting them as much as I should, and they're crucial for making ammo. Aside from cars, should I just break machines and shit?

I'd love that too if i had any decent schematic to level up

Is that really a thing?
Maybe we should try to put this to the test with a few anons

The thing you put coins to park your car in towns (don't remember the english word for it), they break in a single hit and you can find up to 20 of them in a single street.

We usually just call those coin-thingies as well.
T.Someone that just had an hour long conversation between 3 other people on why the fuck we collectively couldn't recall the names of them or the exact shade of red fire trucks were

Is it possible to edit my inventory and craft shit when not in a mission, or can you ONLY do that when in a mission? Cause if I can't do it in the menus that's some bullshit.

I never heard of this

Only when in a mission

mission-side only for inventory but they claim they're going to fix that "soon".

Parking meters?

So it's the same as the french word (parcmètre), thanks.

>tfw seeing someone walk around with Legendary Sentinel Hype

I have never been so distracted by a game before, holy shit. Those fucking tight green pants holy fuck my dick.

Also I'm nearing the end of Plankerton, what can I actually DO in Canny Valley?

Parking meters and small electrical things like blue power boxes or water heaters inside homes is a good source of Nuts and Bolts

Farm and carry AFKers.

The exact same time of missions like the others zones, just a bit harder

Don't have any 5120, 3686, or 768 range weapon schematics or random drops, so I'll prob stop testing damage falloff for now. My instinct tells me the actual falloff percentages don't scale linearly with distance given a static gun, so maybe I'll come back to it for that but idk.
I'm fairly positive all the max ranges are exact. The min ranges are accurate to the half-tile, although the snipers might be able to go half a tile further.

One thing of note that happened during testing: I actually couldn't manage to get a headshot with the Over-Under shotgun I had. Not even by jumping over them and shooting from directly above.

If there are any questions on the information/picture/etc, ask away. I'll be back in an hour or two.

New player here, what should I invest my V-Bucks in? I've only spent 100 so far, and that was on the tutorial quest that tells you to buy an Upgrade Llama. Should I just buy a bunch of extra Upgrade Llamas, or have a go at that Ranged Weapon Llama that's up? Or maybe save my cash? I've got 800 right now and it's burning a hole through my pocket.

Just wait for a Super or Troll llama to show up.

Save up every single V-Bucks you get, DO NOT spend them on Upgrade Llamas. You want to wait for Super Llamas or Legendary Troll Truck / Troll Stash Llamas

How much do super Llamas usually go for?

1k for each respective Llama. Legendary Troll Trucks cost 1,500

if you have a jess, you could always spend PART of a mission finding ammo boxes, they're usually pretty common in the suburbs and city, especially if you also need to go resourcing for something else
that's been my main way of getting ammo because i've need my N&B for traps for the last bit
just don't be the guy who doesn't do anything for the objective

>three(3) Constructors on my team
>still get the highest build score as a Soldier

Oh well, at least it was good eye-candy.

I'M WEREWOLF PROOF

oh yeah i had a ninja place basic bitch wooden walls that was in the complete oppiste direction of the storm, it was a power level 5 i was helping a friend, one shitty exclusive male outlander was sitting on the roof of the base i built, i built the entire thing, with a tiny 3 square length row of spike stripes, fuck you rando nigger, if its a power level 5 and i built the whole base, then i get to sit on the roof, while you and the retarded ninja get to sweat shop kill for me

pop into your storm shield to store and manage your inventory

troll stash are a pair of 500 each if i remeber right