Thinking about buying a mustang

Thinking about buying a mustang.

GT sounds better obviously and is genuine muscle but a 2.3L I4 putting out 310hp and 350 torques is fucking nuts.

Thoughts?

The same power as a 2l golf.

Are you going to be driving into a crowd of people?

and a hell of a lot cheaper and better looking

as long as it kills me too

the engine is way over stressed and won't make it past 100k miles.

Proofs?

if you want something that is an l4 but has decent hp than get something that isnt a boat like a subey or something of the like

You will regret the ecoboost but have at it

this would have been true 20 years ago

That is a great 4 cylinder, but it will feel anemic on the mustang because of the weight.

>310hp is a lot

Oh sweetie. My 11 year old Cadillac makes more than that at the wheels

Oh wow, you make a handful more Hp than a new 2.3L

doesn't the ecoboost mustang still weigh like 3500lbs?

>my 11 year old Cadillac with a supercharged v8 makes a barely noticeable amount of power more than a current production 2.3l turbo i4
congratulations?

3600 in fact. If i recall the turbo i4 camaro only weighs 3200.
honestly if you're going to buy a turbo i4 muscle car id go with the camaro

That's not supercharged sweetie

get a v8 fag

That's a 66hp difference

Everytime I see a mustang I look for the 5.0 badge, and think of the owner as a poser if it's not there

lot guy at ford dealership here, driven literally every variation of every ford of the past 4 years, more/older if you include used car inventory.

dead serious, 5.0L v8 or you're wasting your fucking money

Literally me. Every Mustang I look at I judge the owner based on whether I see a GT or 5.0 badge on the car. If it doesn't have one, the person is immediately dismissed as a car enthusiasts.

>have 99 cobra thats geared a lil too high
>street pull on a gt
>theyre still pretty lethargic
>obviously a poser if no gt badge

They do sound good though.

You'll regret it every time. I went from a turbo l4 Audi to a 12 gt and the sound/on demand torque is intoxicating

5.SLOW

>yfw stupid memes like this dont even discourage people from buying them
>5PTN0
>SL000W
>SLWSTG
>RNINL8

All 4 lve seen on new gts

Mine just has a snake on the side... Guess I'm a poser :(

Shit dude, we've been pulling that power out of I4s for years reliably.

kys

>that engine is way overstressed

It's not 1990 anymore. These engines are more durable than they used to be and can withstand 150k-200k easy without any issue with the turbo or the engine bar belts and chains.

I know a poser who drives in a DOHC swapped GT and tells people that it’s supercharged even though it’s not. I mean you have a cobra motor, be happy with that FFS

good cars but shitty air conditioning. breaks all the fkn time

Oh I didn’t realize all of those Lincoln MKCs with the 2.3 were failing. Guess the engines never got the memo and kept working.

I test drove the 4banger and hated it. I'd say get the v8 or dontgrt it at all.

I got a gt86+4runner instead of the Mustang.

*Shrugs*

I don’t get it, you didn’t like the ecoboost so you bought an even slower car? What are you trying to prove, that you’re a huge weeb?

Not even defending the ecoboost, your logic just sucks.

Idk if that joke could have gone any farther over your head

No, I understood. I’m just saying you can have a cobra and still be a poser. The last sentence was directed at you, but him. If this is too confusing for you, I can break it down further.

Just because a car can accelerate quick in a fast line doesn't make it fun though. And the memeboost isn't even fast.

Was not directed at you*

I got a new car that has superior handling and on road feeling. And I also got a used off-road vehicle.

That's ok thou. U don't have to get it Mr. SofaRacer

I’m saying why even bring up that you bought a pair of Toyotas?

Get what you like. This board is full of people with old, slow shitboxes from the 90s that unironically put anime stickers on their cars. They are literally parodies of themselves at this point and the opinions proliferated here are repetitious memes.

Because when making a purchasing decision I went out and I test drove a number of RWD new vehicles and Shitstang was literally one of the worst cars?

Because I am giving advice to a br/o/?

Tldr; horsepower on paper means jack shit.

Spot on my dear friend
*Tips fedora*

Avatarposting is against global rules, shitlord

get the 4

then buy a GT engine years down the line when it's cheaper and swap that baby

>Mfw

>can’t even get trips right

>If this post is trips, you will power slide into a crowd of people on your mom's basement couch

I wouldn't buy anything but a V8 if I was gonna buy a new one. The 2.3l is probably fast but not as fast or as good sounding as a 5.0
That being said, even tho I wouldn't own one, even the v6 mustangs run really good. Even the older 4.0l ones ran really good, or the ones I've driven have.
I seem to remember reading and article about a ponycar shoot out where they used a v6 mustang against the v8 challenger and Camaro without them knowing, and barley came up short.
After the boasting was over they raise the hood on the mustang and learn they had been comparing their cars to a V6 the entire time.

>sweetieposting

Still driving my '99 V6.
Fucking dependable.

Which one?

The 2.3 ecoboost actually makes a really good power with an engine map and bigger intercooler. And there's the option of throwing in a larger turbo for truly big numbers.

Its a great engine, but throw a big turbo on the Coyote and it won't even be a competition, user.

this, tbqh

Oh sweetie. The ecoboost could probably match that with a tune and a couple mods. What's your fucking point?

Yeah but can you just "throw a turbo" on a coyote? Install aside, how much boost can it take stock?

People run twins on the stock block at about 4-6psi. Makes around 600-700whp

Fuck yo trips nigga

A 2018 Golf R, a top of the line Golf for those who dont know, only has 292 hp.

A poverty spec Mustang is better.

Fuck off liar, basic F/I packages (turbo/superchargers) will only get you that at the crank without having to add and increasing number of supporting modifications.

Unless you are like to believe happy dynos or lean as fuck unsafe tunes.

Golf r has 310hp spacka

>Thoughts?
>5.SLOW

No matter what, it will always be a
RUSTANG
U
S
T
A
N
G

t. GM cuck

Don't touch the 2.3, run away

3.7 or 5.0, don't even continue thoughts about the 2.3

>don't even continue thoughts about the 2.3
brainlet here, why is the 2.3 bad? 350 lb ft of torque sounds pretty great for a sub $25k price tag tbqh

This. The V6 will give you enough oomph to get up and go and still have decent highway acceleration without needing to rev the shit out of it. It will be lower maintenance in the long run than the turbocharged engine, plus you can run 87 through it if you’re a stingy bastard.

>Buy brand new moostang
>Have to pay money to "probably" match an 11 year old Cadillac

because buying a muscle car with a 4 cylinder engine is like paying for a hooker with one tit

>muscle car
false. the mustang is a pony car, big difference

If it's the same 2.3 in the focus, that engine will go through head gaskets like a rotary goes through Apex seals. The heads were designed like diesel, but it's not diesel and gets the metal gasket warped to shit

> (OP)
>>Thoughts?
>
.SLOW
>No matter what, it will always be a
>RUSTANG
>U
>S
>T
>A
>N
>G
>
>t. GM cuck

Wrong again shit-balls

yeah but it doesn't have 350 torks....

Oh sweetie, my Cadillac sweetie, it makes okay horsepower compared to other cars sweetie, but it's better than yours sweetie, I bet your car doesn't make v8 sounds sweetie, I bet it's not murican like mine sweetie.

You're the kind of retard who's dream car is a Tesla S because muh 800 hp.

>my cadiwreck

sorry to hear

It was a pony car. Now it's so big and heavy that's it's basically a muscle car.