wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Portal:Zerg_Strategy

U.S. West Battle.net Channel:
/scg/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/deepmind/pysc2
youtube.com/watch?v=EP9F-AZezCU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where my zerg boys at

Playing SC original right now, is the pathing always this bad? How do I set my SCV's to automatically mine upon production?

the pathing was always that bad, you have to work around it, And yeah you have to manually make your SCVs harvest.

it's a core aspect of the game

It's just something I've become all too accustomed to now as a SC2babby, I guess.

wow a real thread with a real op

>page ∞

Feels bad man

shit, ladder is either 250+ apm gook that rapes me or sub 100 apm westerner that sucks shit

What server are you playing on? I've had close games/good games all night.

liviboost...

Help! I heard that Starcraft was free so I tried to download it. I went to the battle.net website and downloaded some starcraft-setup.exe file, but when I ran it, it installed some shady bloatware program that made the fan go crazy and spiked the CPU (it's a 2013 laptop with windows that I use to play older games). Anyway, then I noticed that the ''app'', as it calls itself, was downloading over 6GB(!) of data(pic related). Obviously, this makes no sense considering that starcraft is

the battlenet app is pretty good, bad meme
idk why sc:r is so big, maybe all the 4k textures or w/e

Why isn't Remastered on ggn yet?

who here excited about DEHAKA? he looks painfully retarded but the primal zerg are fuckin cool

>controlling more than one guy
no thx

wtf

sc2 sux bw is better

>Tells the Protoss to kill the cerebrates
>Doesn't tell them that they need dark templar energy until they fail and the cerebrate reincarnates.
>Attacks the conclave because they wanted to capture him.
>Surrenders just after he has won the battle because he doesn't like fighting protoss?
>Action that results in an even bloodier battle afterwards to rescue him.
>Pointlessly sacrifices himself at the end.

Why is this guy so retarded?

sad boys ww@

> I'm skilled as fuck because I can move a bunch of retarded units in groups of 12 across a shitty map with tons of pathfinding issues
You're so hardcore
I wish I could be like you end enjoy terrible games

Starcraft is overrated, made for lifeless Koreans.

The best RTS games are the ones that play less like pure micromanagement RTS. Prove me wrong.

> I'm angry as fuck because I can't move a bunch of retarded units in groups of 12 across a shitty map with tons of pathfinding issues
You're so pathetic
I'm glad I'm not like you and enjoy good games

Sorry we can't all control one unit in the same map every game like you can.

I'll be over here controlling hundreds of actions a minute, all effecting difference aspects of the game and utilizing the map to its fullest... Inside the best balanced multiplayer game to date.

I never got the sequel because the absence of LAN was a dealbreaker for something that takes so much of a time investment to start playing. Gamers, being the pathetic junkies they are, bought it anyway and then demanded LAN after Blizzard already had their money.

>needing lan when you have custom games
it's 2017 my friend

>lan
did you want to play with your mom and dad or what lmao

I want it to continue working if Blizzard's services ever stop. I still play games from the early 90s sometimes. Occasionally, for giggles, the bf and I take one of these tiny things from 1983 to a coffee shop and play stuff.

are you a girl o_O

who would win in a fist fight desrow or incontrol cast your vote

Send nudes.
kidding just send your build orders

awww look at this little cute youngfag

pretty sure incontrol would whoop desrow

>no sc2 in the title
what sort of gookdom is this?

gook

>the literal 0.0001% of the playerbase complains the game doesn't have LAN
>same kind of person who brings that atrocity to a coffee shop

yeah I'm not listening to you

bw got me reeing like never before

which race plays the most like terran in sc2?

>pvz
>guy creep spreads like a god
>pretty much even trades all game
>suddenly the guy sends 4 ultras to my 4th and they all die to like 3 archons and cannons
>immediately ggs out

>he only made 35 drones

toss

github.com/deepmind/pysc2

more like shallowmind

terrible thread

one of the best threads in the last 10 years

yeah if you're a starcuck maybe

I literally don't know why I even come to this thread anymore

Get fucked everyone with more than 2 brain cells wanted lan for great lan parties and for competeive matches. Having a competitive game with no lan is a fucking joke m8. It was to "protect against piracy" but cunts pirated it anyway for the single player, saw it was decent at best, knew the draw was the multiplayer but didnt bother with it. Blizzard killed SC2 themselves

soyou...

nice

sojin...

perfect

nice

gooky~

>the bf and I

its a girl

trannies aren't girls m8

exactly

okay fine then i apologize for throwing up

/scg/ is star citizen general
get off my lawn

no game - no general

don't look up today veegee's!!

anyone beat the campaign yet?

>remaster SC1
>don't fix the pathfinding
what on earth is even the point? I don't even care about their shitty graphics mod. the horrible pathfinding basically ruins the game.

tap water is brown tinted again ~_~
don't wanna drink it ~_~ thirsty ~_~

just run it for a few minutes and see if it gets better

>sc2bab attempts to go up a ramp for the first time

engine limitations from 1991 are not gameplay features

it did not

the shit parts of bw are what make it good

>implying

is bw the 'in the aeroplane over the sea' of video games?

it came out in 1998...

you say that like starcraft was cutting edge. the pathfinding is more reminiscent of shit from the early 90's like dune 2

actually I'm pretty sure dune 2 had better pahtfinding.

>the horrible pathfinding basically ruins the game.

it IS the game. That's how you can tell a good player, who knows how to control units in a Starcraft environment, from a noob who clicks once and expects shit to happen on its own.

they are, when they've been around so long that the whole metagame has evolved around them as an integral part of gameplay.

"fixing" the pathfinding would literally turn the game into Not-Starcraft.

Imagine that you play chess. But for some reason, you increase the attack range of pawns from 1 square to 2 squares. Are you still playing chess? No. It doesn't matter that you are still using the chessboard, and chess pieces - the game you are playing is not chess, because it has different rules.

It's the same with starcraft.

If you play Starcraft: Brood War, with "improved" pathfinding, and increased unit limit, and whatever QoL changes, you are no longer playing Starcraft.

This might sound outlandish to you, but the whole point of playing Starcraft, is to play Starcraft, not some game that is not starcraft.

>Imagine that you play chess. But for some reason, you increase the attack range of pawns from 1 square to 2 squares. Are you still playing chess?

there are literally variants of chess and archaic rules that do this you retard, it's just a balance change

shit pathfinding has nothing to do with pathfinding

knowing to spam rmouse to get units to move properly isn't skill

kys

then why does sc2 have a general?

>90% of Desert Strike games are the completely broken SC2 demake version
simply epic

chess remastered...

when did you get the ability to decide what is and isn't a skill?
pretty mighty responsibility there pal, use it wisely!
feel free to go back to not playing starcraft

>tourneyfags in charge of not ruining fucking everything

it's a good game being held back by this autistic adherence to bugs and exploits as """""mechanics""""""

the black sun rises...

right after he didn't block his own units and lose his army going up the ramp

you are wrong. A chess "variant" is not the same game.
Knowing how the units behave and how to get them to move properly *IS* a skill.

I'll let Day9 explain:
youtube.com/watch?v=EP9F-AZezCU

spamming mouse2 isn't a skill

actually they made a game for you, its called sc2 :)

Playing through the campaign now, makes you wonder... were all the writers taken out and shot after Warcraft III?

please refrain from speaking about things you do not understand.

Starcraft isn't "held back" bu the 20-year old mechanics. Those mechanics ARE starcraft. That's how the game is played, and that's what makes it what it is.

You are just a sad excuse for a noob who doesn't have what it takes to jump the skill gap to be good at the game, but keeps thinking the game should do all those things for him, so he can show off his l33t skillz, that the game doesn't let him to.

it's not a mechanic, it's just bad code.

and 1a is?

not my fault sc2 is a poorly balanced blob simulator

pathfinding is unrelated

why is everyone responding to the splashtard again...

call it what you want. That's an integral part of the game now. That old saying that when you have a bug you can't get rid of, you just call it a feature.is really true.

And since no fix was coming, players learned to work with it and it turns out that controling units is a core gameplay aspect in starcraft.

Not just spamming m2 to keep the units moving, but devoting a part of your apm to a specific task, and juggling control groups to not create artificial chokes, etc.

>pathfinding is unrelated

hahahahah

oh, wait, you're serious.

Let me laugh even harder

>muh boogeyman

controlling units would still be a key mechanic. because the game has actual mechanics for that.
it's just that now you wouldn't be fighting against the controls trying to do it

>tourneyfags in charge of not literally ruining everything

it is. spam in sc2 happens because of differences in map design, damage mechanics and income rates.

LOTV only made it even more retarded. BW naturally has a good balance. there's no reason to hold it back just because you're nostalgic about shitty controls.

hey retards sc2 is shit

Is there any reason why Protoss love sticking their faces so close to the camera?

WC3 is the last game that Metzen is credited as a script writer on

being a spiritual/ritualistic and tribal society they're pretty unaware when it comes to technology
they're like your grandparents leaning in to make sure the darn thing is on

They're big guys.

has anyone seen the "eclipse" yet?
lol