/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #883 - Break Dance Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gu0C29veAD8
youtube.com/watch?v=31vJfh5DGWo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8d3A7F3RGE
spriters-resource.com/game_gear/sonicblast/sheet/5880/
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_&_Knuckles:_The_Challenges
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the first picture in my Sonic folder

First for bad trigger discipline.

slow rat

I want a sonic battle sequel with the updated cast
So I can main my nigga

>Breakdance edition.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gu0C29veAD8

Would a human be able to breed with a Mobian?
This is important.

No, so fuck off

If we follow the comics logic, the only place where interspecies couples and their offspring have been shown, yes.

Well, in the preboot cross-species offspring were either one species or the other.

so maybe

This or Sonic in the style of Power Stone would rule.

youtube.com/watch?v=31vJfh5DGWo

If it was powers stone, they'd need to crank up the movement speed considering how fucking slow it is

No, but I imagine there's probably only a little stigma towards mixed relationships involving a human.

I imagine the inability to produce viable offspring is one of the main reasons these relationships exist at all, actually.

Sonic is fast, though. And not a rat.

>Mean Bean Machine boss is Satan's theme from Puyo Puyo.
Funny.

I'd like to request a drawfriend to do a silly little pic with Shadow as a big guy on a plane. It would amuse me greatly.

But only a few curmudgeons and virgins with rage.

Why hasn't Robotnik made other Metal copies?
Metal Sonic is one of his more notable machines. Why not make a Metal Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, so forth. I know that tails doll and metal knuckles were in R, but that s a pretty weird racing game and no one acknowledges it, only it's music.

It kills me that the Mania vinyl won't have the Super Sonic boss theme.

Why make metal irrelevants?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8d3A7F3RGE

Hopefully not. I'd want to be able to fuck however many times I want without having to worry about raising a child

He made a bunch of robot Sonic's, and I get the impression that he doesn't take Sonic's friends seriously as a threat until after Adventure 2. After that he made a bunch of Robot Shadows, though they were all pretty shitty.
Metal Sonic wound up betraying him, so it's not surprising he's avoided try to make more bots on his level.

I mean, Shadow might be worth it. He is pretty strong.
Then again, he did make a shadow clone army, they were all just really shittily mass produced garbo.

he did a Badnik version of Knuckles multiple times and there's the Amy Doll in Mania

I think it's safe to say there are condoms in Sonic's world.

But he keeps using him. Wonder if they will ever pick up that "Metal Sonic is fucking cuhrayzee and thinks he is the real Sonic" thing again?

Specifically, baby boys have the father's species, while little girls have the mother's species.

AHEM

>Stealth finally got the 5th emerald by the UFO glitching out and going backwards

>Make a robot clone
>Color it wrong
Great job eggman.

Red paint is expensive.

I won't make fun of anyone else skills since mine are average at best. Special Stages in 2 really kicked my ass, even without Tails.

I wonder if Metal Sonic will speak in Forces. He could speak in Heroes, but since Classic Sonic is pantomime and CD is from the same era they might use that as an excuse to keep him silent.

What's your favorite final Eggman robot? Design only, the quality of the fight itself doesn't matter.

I can't find any good pictures of this guy.

I legitimately feel bad for him having so much trouble with it

spriters-resource.com/game_gear/sonicblast/sheet/5880/
Donkey Kong Country Sonic

Yeah, but it's Modern Metal Sonic. His proportions are pretty different from the classic one.
He probably won't though. However I have kinda noticed Modern Metal tends to come off as more aggressive. The old one at least copied Sonic's taunting. The modern one just seems to be very mad, all the time.

From previous thread
(Also that's all tonight, she may come back tomorrow though, or someone else idk)

"I think small mr sonic is cute, I want to eat icecream with him"

"All of them!! She's SO cool, like a superhero"

"Mr sonic is too busy helping everyone to babysit me, but sometimes he'll walk me to school. So nice of him"

"I agree! I wish he was happy, flowers are fun, I would give him flowers because they're pretty like him. Oh no you don't think he's allergic, right?"

Mecha Knuckles was like the best thing about Sonic Advance

I like the lumbejack robot from Sonic and Knuckles.

He says he's been mostly playing them with keyboard, which would explain it if he's not used to a controller. Same type of stuff happens to me in Ultimate Chicken Horse.

But it's still pretty funny that glitched out on a stream when he's the programmer.

Nega Wisp Armor.

Posting Andrew Dickman.

I warned you about Kayla! I told you, dog!

I liked this thing

Thank you CreamAnon. It was fun.

Remove this.

This was cute and fun. Bless.

This explains why SonAmy hasn't happened.

I like the Worker Bot from Sonic Mania's Oil Ocean

>that filename
anyways, Egg King

What's all this about him being a rapist?

Kinda Metal Slug-ish.

Sonic Team's way ahead of you. Amy doesn't have back spines.

just do pokemon rules instead

You know, I'd be completely fine if they made a DLC for Mania that just added a bunch of new Special Stages. The UFO chase is pretty fun.

>nothing happens between S3&K and SA1
When has this ever been indicated? As far as I know, and I've played Adventure quite a few times, nothing in the game suggests that absolutely nothing takes place between the two games.

just wait for PC mods
bet you 10 bucks someone's gonna do Sonic Mania: The Challenges
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_&_Knuckles:_The_Challenges

Here you go! Sorry it took a bit, hope ya like it!

Mecha Sonic 3 & Mecha Knuckles

Dr. Eggman, I'm GUN.

Sonic does say "long time no see" when he meets Tails. However, that doesn't mean that nothing happens between S3&K and SA1. So yeah, they could probably keep making games that take place inbetween the two no problem. The only thing you need to be careful of is Amy. She explicitly hasn't seen Sonic since Sonic CD.

I'm told playing Sonic Colors is exactly like getting hit by a car. Are they right, /sthg/?

Sonic probably says "long time no see" to the chili dog vendor every single day.

Which is Knuckles' canon campaign?
S3K or &K?

Posting in /sthg/ is exactly like getting hit by a car.

>She explicitly hasn't seen Sonic since Sonic CD.
Are we sure about that? Just because that's the adventure she chooses to fantasize about doesn't mean that's the last one they had together. Now, they couldn't have Amy actually fight alongside Sonic, as that would nullify her entire character arc in Adventure.

Even though they bothered to change the backgrounds for the S3 half, the fact there's no Angel Island cutscene of Eggrobo fucking with him bothers me

He's a big rat.

S3&K seems to be canon, as the Super Emeralds exist in Mania. But since they are not active, I'm guessing that collecting them isn't canon.

4u

>the Super Emeralds are both canon and non-canon
Bravo Iizuka.

He's got them all now.

this is the first picture in my /sthg/ folder

Sonic should man up and tell Amy how he feels for her. If he doesn't like her, then he should tell her and let her move on with her life. If he does, then he should just say it already.

>the Super Emeralds exist in Mania
expand.
I don't believe you. This game is amazing, there's no way it's THIS amazing.

He makes it very clear he doesn't want to be with Amy. She just doesn't take no for an answer.

Schrödinger Super Emeralds

You have a boss fight in the emerald shrine as knuckles and used the cracked super emeralds as platforms

they exist but they kind of fucked it up, because the super emeralds aren't supposed to be separate objects from the chaos emeralds, but now all of a sudden they are.

we don't know, other than that grey, cracked super emeralds appear in the hidden palace chamber around the master emerald.

Knuckles route shows them all grayed out and cracked.

Muttski?
Maybe Sonic doesn't want to hurt her, it would be a massive blow to her.

Wouldn't that just be because of Sonic's S3K campaign?

Sonic isn't ready for commitment & he's not gonna let Amy down like that. Besides, if rejecting her advances is his way of telling her, then she's gonna keep going after him no matter what.

In Knuckles story, one of the Eggrobos want steal the Master Emerald, and Knuckles get a flashback of what occured to him when Eggman stole the emerald.
This occurs in Hidden Palace Zone

what are some other good places to talk about Sonic? SSMB is bad. Sonic Retro is eh. I'm not touching Something Awful anymore. The Sonic reddit keeps getting trolled by "sanic was nev- I mean MODERN sanic was never good" fags

There are no good places to discuss Sonic. Not even this place.

>because the super emeralds aren't supposed to be separate objects from the chaos emeralds
Source?

>what are some other good places to talk about Sonic?
Sonic Retro.

Well user, this IS one of the better places to discuss Sonic. As you mentioned, SSMB is fucking awful, SEGA Forums are filled with even more shitposters than here along with manchildren, Sonic Reddit gets shitposted to hell & back, etc.

There's a lot wrong with /sthg/, too. But at least it can be a decent place one in a while

Discord or Smashboards

You haven't played Knuckles story have you?

What's interesting is that they are cracked AND greyed out. That didn't happen in 3&K. Maybe that's a plot point in Forces?

No, that's not true. In Sonic & Knuckles, they are shown as grey, even when you have all the Chaos Emeralds.

I think Amy deep down knows Sonic doesn't like her. She's just hopeful that one day he might change his mind. She is an eternal optimist after all.

Hell yeah. I love you, friendo.

>Maybe that's a plot point in Forces?
Forces is taking place in another dimension.

>playing as knuckles
>ever
kek

>not playing as Sonic then Knuckles