Unpopular opinions

>ITT unpopular car related opinions.

Automatic is superior to manual in everyway, and manual isn't fun to drive.

Porsche 6 cylinders sound like Tacomas/4runners with a loud exhaust.

911's really all look the same.

I think the Fiat 500 is fun

Motorcyles > cars in terms of sheer fun, and anyone who says otherwise is a pussy.

Manual = automatic and anyone who says otherwise is a dipshit. Each have their pros and cons and comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges.

Rev matching on a synchromesh gearbox isn't necessary.

75% of people on the roads today should have their licence revoked. Yes, that includes you.

SUV's/crossovers and current car styling trends perfectly sum up modern society. They're also hideous.

What you drive doesn't matter so much as whether you enjoy it or not.

FWD = RWD in 99% of situations.

Diesels are more fun to drive than gasoline engines because of the torque

>manual = automatic
You couldn't be more wrong, also

>Automatic: durrrrrr pushy pedal go fasty!

How is that fun in the slightest?

daily driving: automatics all the way

getting sporty: manuals, literally, for the win.

>Manual = automatic
anybody who thinks this really doesn't understand the amount of flexibility and advantages having a manual gives you in a race

>SUV's/crossovers and current car styling trends perfectly sum up modern society. They're also hideous.
>What you drive doesn't matter so much as whether you enjoy it or not.
>FWD = RWD in 99% of situations.
your other opinions are shit but these ring pretty fucking true

Automatics are literally faste you idiots. Sorry that you're such a fag that you have to fiddle with a stick while driving to have fun.

Sorry tiddlywinks, my idea of driving involves more than just 0-60 standing starts.

All BMWs look the same

Torque converter automatics are more enjoyable to drive than manuals if you get flappy paddles
>read thread title

I don’t care about your normiefag tier car opinions

Having continuous, uninterrupted power delivery feels fantastic. Clutches do not.

>Rev matching on a synchromesh gearbox isn't necessary
Maybe on your bicycle, but if you ever happens to own a car try to downshift while the engine's RPM is way out of sync with the wheel's RPM then you can come here - with your pants still freshly soiled - and say it isn't necessary.

>city and highway
autotragic
>country roads and track
manual

>all the above
manual because I'm not an atrophied soyboy who can't press an hydraulically operated clutch
:^)

>highway
pretty much doesn't matter unless you're in a traffic jam, barely have to shift down unless you're bored

bitch please i drive stick, i'm just stating that in stop start traffic and long cruises an auto is less tiring, but also less engaging.

as when driving in a city the amount of shifting between 2nd and 3rd is unreal.

>>highway
>automatic
>he actually needs to shift in the highway
I guess that 6 lanes roads aren't still enough for all the gajillion lifted trucks that need to do 4 miles at most.
I can go 1000km without changing one gear.

LOL'd

4 Cylinder engines are the best engines.

Bicycles should all be in the automotive lanes and not on the sidewalk.

>read thread title
It says "unpopular" opinions, not "objectively false"

i actually regret to read this

2jz's sound like shit.

Electric cars are superior to both ICE automatic and manual cars.

Within 30 years 75% of cars on the road will be electric.

Technological advancements are actually great and cars becoming more intelligent should be embraced.

t. Elon "Owes More Money Than A Small Country" Musk

Don't tell anyone I browse this board okay?

Daily driving a manual in Chicago is too much work. Having one for the spring and summer to take on long rides on the weekends is nice nice, but unless you're into some kind of tuning lifestyle its work to drive around in stop start traffic in this city.

not to mention the carjackings, potholes, expensive parking, bullets flying into my 20th story condo in the 'nice' side of town

fuck chicago hard man, i can't wait to fucking leave

>using a car in the city
Just get a scooter. You're almost never going above 25mph anyway.

scooter is completley useless in chicag 6-8 months out of the year

Dual-sport then

Pot holes are in every city with a winter, parking is expensive in every large city, bullshit on the sooting and carj ackings, you sound like you don't live here. I bet your shitty little housing development isn't even in cook county. Take your bitch ass back to wonderbread land. I bet you'll vote for pritzker.

Get a lighter clutchspring if you cant fucking manage it.

It's not the snow, chicago is autistic about snow clearing. the idiot just doesn't know how to dress warmly.

I don't give a shit about performance and just want a comfy car that sounds good to cruise

He's probably from Naperville or Oak Park

Eh, I DD a manual in Chicago and its not all that bad. Having a newer car would be nice as well though.

You know any nice places to drive in the Chicago area?

Audis are ugly and their owners are cringelords

>Volkswaggons and Mazdaspeed 3 cuckbacks and their owners are huge stance faggot homos

>Manual > Auto. Anyone that disagrees is a butthurt faggot that can't even drive manual.

>People that claim auto is superior are butthurt sour grapes faggots that are too fucking stupid to learn and thus are content with mediocrity and try to change the perception around them that Manual isn't superior. They are literally no better that fat acceptance landwhales refusing to lose weight and try to change the perception that being fat is okay.

>FR > FF. The people that disagree are pooraggots with handmedown appliance tier cars that were given to them by their parents. rather than change their predicament, they become content with mediocrity and are a classic case of the fox and the sour grapes.

>Everyone drives a shitbox here, and that one faggot always trying to show off his PT Loser shitbox is really rather pathetic, the very definition of trailer trash.

>reddit spacing on greentext
opinion automatically discarded

In witch ways is FWD better? I'm genuinely curious

>Triggered auto FWD cuckdriver detected.

I've been here since '06, try again.

>he said FWD = RWD on most occasions
>"hurr how is it better, FFcucks muh dorifto xD"

If you think drifting is the only thing people like more about RWD you're fucking retarded.
>pic related, it's fuck you you fat fuck
Go get back in mommy's 97' corolla and tell me about how much you love FWD

90s Peugeot hatches > all other 90s hatches

I feel we're literally having this inane discussion every fucking hour now and you keep killing threads to dig up this tired shit from the archive.

simmer down, lil guy. It's gonna be okay.

>really have to poop
>drive a manual
>can't properly clench sphincter cause have to use both feet

Have fun shitting your pants.

If you can't even manage your bowels why are you in control of a motor vehicle?

No I think americans like RWD more that FWD because their little brains are too simple to understands complicated concepts.
>muh freedom

>the great amerishart problem
I understand now why manual is so unpopular in the US

those two things are the funniest things i've read in a long time

>Rev matching on a synchromesh gearbox isn't necessary.
Yes it is. Double declutching isn't necessary, but rev matching is to synchronise the clutch plates and has nothing to do with synchronising the gears themselves (which is what a synchromesh does)

Fucking faggot

at last I understand

I audibly kek'd

>soyboy europeans when saying anything about the infinitely greater American states

Go back to your nursing home you old fart, and eat some fiber on the way there

Thats not an opinion thats just a testament to your own lack of understanding of how gearing works.

I don't give a fuck what you've done to your car, it's not worth more than blue book value