Opinion on the Lotus Exige?

Opinion on the Lotus Exige?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YSjItQneNM
youtube.com/watch?v=_KDaXMRvuKE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think its a big, fat, ugly piece of trash.

Honda?

Girls car

Not big or fat, but certainly ugly.

Not as cool as the Elise.

I have the same engine but mine is on the wrong side of the car

it's too fuckin wide... all new sports cars are too fucking wide and easily hacked by cia niggers

the old elise was better

Godmachine

its slower than a civic type, but less comfortable and it costs more. So yeah, it's trash.

>Lotus
Godtier cars

An Elise or Exiege i'd only have has a weekend/track car. But I'd use the Evora everyday though.

It has infinitely better performance than a meme r. Try again

Civic Type R: 7:43
youtube.com/watch?v=4YSjItQneNM
Exige Cup 380: 7:48
youtube.com/watch?v=_KDaXMRvuKE

Exige costs >100k

Get over it, Lotus is kill

>professional driver handpicked by Honda
>some guy on some random youtube car channel

professional race driver and car journalist for germany's most renowned sports car magazine.

I know, it must be hard, but get over it. The Civic Type R is the better car in any category, be it price, running cost, laptimes, reliability, comfort...

Only people buying lotus are masochistic rich "muh trackday car" hardcore enthusiasts.

Once you get older and your licence, you too will understand this, don't worry.

>ar journalist for germany's most renowned sports car magazine
Kek. I watched enough car goy videos to know most of them are garbage

Jeezus Titty Fucking Christ.

Not everyone wants to be a stupid boy-racer with a honda civic you idiot.

I'll take a vehicle that has style and prestige over a 14yo boy's fast'n'furious wet dream.

Considering that you pull your dick over a civic it means you must be no older than 17. "Once you get older and.... " . hahah a maggot squeaker trying to be a know it all.

Yes, the Civic looks like some fast n furious ricer car, the lotus looks way better. But if that's why you would spend more then twice the money on a lotus, you must for sure know it all.

Still waiting for someone to disprove my points:
> civic is faster
> civic is more comfortable
> you don't need a chiropractor after driving the civic
> civic is way cheaper
> civic is more reliable
> you can drive the civic in any condition

And if you dont like the Civics, there are still some Meganes and Golfs that are almost as fast as the Civic.

isnt megane actually faster tho?
btw lotus is like miata on roids, it will be more fun to have one than civic for sure, fun cant be masured in numbers lad.
t. drive swift shitbox

Any Lotus I've driven on the street has been a miserable experience. Even the Evora is a cramped manlet-mobile with a shit interior that tries to be nice.

Don't even get me started with working on them

> fun cant be masured in numbers
I get you on this one, but the price has to be justified somehow. 100k are Cayman GT4 or BMW M4 numbers, both way better cars.

>Any Lotus I've driven on the street has been a miserable experience.
Absolutely agree, you can't even shift without touching your codrivers knee, and after 2000km some panels on the inside fall off and the cheap materials show noticable wear.

>track with massive long straight and lots of long straights
exife/elise and other lightweight canhandles are specialized for tight twisties.

I'm pretty glad i got an MRS over elise. It was a lot cheaper, i can easily replace parts on the cheap, working on them is allright and it has wayy more practicality and comfort that i'll ever need

What's up with that rear wheel?

S M E S H E D

A N D

S L A M M E D

Lotus dealership owner's son took the car out in the rain and binned it

New experimental rear wheel steering :^)

As somebody who actually got to mess arround with an Exile S. Its fucking awesome 10/10 would daily drive.

But I daily drive a stripped miata in PA winter so my opinion should be taken lightly.

what? the exige is a coupe elise, which means it weighs less and handles better

I just think the Elise looks better

they look literally the same

> civic is faster
definitely doesnt feel like it. i would never feel comfortable driving a civic as aggressively as I would an elise/exige.
> civic is more comfortable
i dont think anyone is saying the opposite. fixed back racing seats are not as comfortable as commuter car seats. also sports cars are often cramped than commuter cars.
> you don't need a chiropractor after driving the civic
you don't need one for a Lotus either? If you have back problems you shouldn't consider either of these cars, you should probably get a crossover SUV.
> civic is way cheaper
I actually got my Elise new for pretty much the same price as a civic type r. But in general, yes lotus is a significant price tier above honda. Lotus cars are cheap compared to their actual actual sports car competitors though..
> civic is more reliable
havent had any issues with the Elise so not really a big concern when comparing the two.The main reason people buy civics is because they are reliable. It's not really a selling point on the Elise/Exige, people were more just concerned about them breaking down, like some older Lotus productions cars. They don't so yeah.. not really an issue or concern.
"well if you put all terrain tires with ice spikes in them and lift car it could technically outperform .."
my guy these criteria/comparisons are getting ridiculous. im surprised you didnt point out that the civic seats 5, and the inferior lotus can only seat 2.

these cars are so different. one is a tiny roadster, the other is a practical hatchback. one is MR, the other is FF. one weighs 2/3 the weight of the other. One is a track car you can daily, and the other is a daily you could bring to the track. I'd gladly have both in my dream garage, because there would be little overlap between the two. They're both great in their respective categories. Id get a civic type r over a golf r or focus rs, and id get an elise over a cayman s or 4c.

The Mister 2 lives on

they're easy to daily, I dailyed an Elise for 6 years. Manlet meme is fake, height isnt the issue, being fat is. 6'5" all good.. 250lbs+, tight squeeze.

Can't even wear properly sized shoes driving one the pedals are so close together

Exige has a lower top speed!

It topped out at 249kph while the civic got to 260kph.

...but its probably not 5 seconds worth of time.

Although the exige s has a higher top speed..

And clocks the burgerking at 7.53.

Which proves sooo many things.

Like this one?

>and easily hacked by cia niggers
dumb inbred paranoid /pol/tard

>width of a fucking bed
>too wide

The Cup 430 is much faster than the 380.
With a good driver that could do the Ring in easily under 7:30.

Which miata bodykit is this??

Better watch out for the cia tracking all the important things you do in your shitbox

love Lotus's in general. Very partial to the Evora in Isotope Green

> civic is faster
Type R 0-60 is 4.9, a 2006 base Exige is 4.7

Honda fag BTFO, cant even beat a 12-year old car with a Toyota engine

You can drive any car in any weather condition, as long as you're not a fucking idiot.

Its a meme you dip
Look up terry A davis

thing is, you are a fucking idiot driving an exige in winter... good luck buying a whole new body once you bump into something