/emugen/ - Emulation General

boycott melonDS edition

previous bred emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TASVideos/desmume/commits/master
github.com/twinaphex/ppsspp/commits/master
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/04/25/commemoration-rachel-bryk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop dying.

why won't RetroArch.deb show up on my home screen
iOS 9.3.3 using .deb from the buildbot repo/cydia/ folder
also tried installing directly from Cydia

You need a flashcart.

Anyone against melonDS should be killed edition

SP must pay for his sins

what flashcart should i get for my 3ds? a 3ds flash cart play ds games? i had all my ds games stolen in a move and i dont reallly wanna buy em all again

John SNES is the best SNES emulator on Android and it costs like $1

Snes9x had slowdowns on SMRPG, while John SNES runs anything perfectly smooth.

Same thing with John GBA. Runs better than My Boy.

>Snes9x had slowdowns on SMRPG
lol wut? Is that emulator that bad? A snes emu shouldn't require that much cpu..

it's not slowdown due lack of CPU power.
It's just a poorly optimized emu

>it's not slowdown due lack of CPU power.
I figured. Just surprised that Snes9x runs that bad, considering how much praise it gets.

>just surprised
We can almost feel how much this actually please you

>boycott melonDS edition

You're always free to be sodomized by zeromusware any time
Just don't expect everyone else to follow you back to 2010 to the instant zeromus-sama declared that DS emulation is over and nothing new shall be added on his notice

Not even a fucking competent JIT or upscaled rendering even when others did the work for him, let alone unemulated hardware features

melonDS sure is troublesome for zeromus, he can't use the "only open source DS emulator thus the BEST" excuse anymore

what's the best picross game out of all of them ever

>boycott melonDS edition

Why you have to be such an autist?

>D3D11 renderer fails to draw the shitty outlines

I hope they never fix it, this looks so much better

how am I supposed to swap discs in Mednafen Saturn? m3u playlists don't seem to work

this is the most dead general on Veeky Forums

regarding legal technicalities;
If you own a PAL physical copy of some old game, but download and emulate an NTSC version of that game, is that still technically illegal?

who the fuck cares?

Downloading any version is technically illegal but no one gives a shit. Some people will pretend to give a shit to save face.

yes. but stop giving a shit, nobody is going to police you for pirating vidya.

technically speaking playing anything that isn't dumped from shit you own is illegal but it's not like the FBI will break into your house if you download a couple roms

I wish your mother hadn't boycotted abortion. Take Desmume and shove it up your ass.

bump

Is i5 good enough for PCSX2 software mode? Also which bios should I use?

>Is i5 good enough for PCSX2 software mode
which version? my i5 6500 seems fine for SW rendering in PCSX2.

3570, quite old I know but it hasn't let me down yet

overclocked? if so, i think it'll be fine.

Why is Beetle PSX retroarch core completely ignored?

It isn't

Where did the options go in Beetle PSX?

>last commit was 4 days ago
>Issue 75
>pull requests 0

>7 issues closed past week

Reminder that the screenshot in OP is cherrypicked and NO$GBA shouldn't be used to play GBA Games under any circumstance anyways, and judging by the title, I'd say OP's fucking retarded.

>I doubt melonDS will ever get to the point that I consider it worth using
>yes, no doubt about this
Pic.

Meant to quote .

bump

How does one even build current Phoenix on loonix?

github.com/TASVideos/desmume/commits/master
???

>Has good JIT
>Has upscaling
>Has new features added regularly. Like game specific hacks to help pokemon, and cartrdige read delay to help more games boot and work better.
Are you living in some bizarro world or something?

>Has good JIT
Then why is Drastic via Android emulator faster on desktops?

Anyone know where I can get the pkg or ISO files for Yakuza 3 or 4?

Drastic is full of hacks.

I just can't seem to get the motionjoy drivers manually installed, the controller ins't even detected by control panel. I want to use my DS3 on my new desktop, with Better DS3 and without that motionjoy bullshit. Could I just install motionjoy, install the drivers through it then delete it from my system or would it already be too late? I don't want to use the steam controller support because it fucks up everything that isn't a steam game.

what are some good couch co-op and party games to emulate. I have a computer-home entertainment set up in my new place and want to play some classic stuff with buddies while we are all in the same room.

Any DS emulator with Local Multiplayer?

4 is on wiki.

People keep saying this, but there's still no proof.

>Reminder that the screenshot in OP is cherrypicked and NO$GBA shouldn't be used to play GBA Games under any circumstance anyways, and judging by the title, I'd say OP's fucking retarded.

NO$GBA fucking sucks for GBA games. Even for 3D elements in backgrounds it glitches horribly, and 3D games like Sonic Battle display in wireframe.
Its only redeeming features were solar, e-reader and multiplayer, and VBA-M got their shit together and implemented those eventually.

For DS games though it's a passable, if not average emulator. Far from what qualifies as a bad emulator (a honor that goes to IDeaS)
Somehow it does DS 3D semi okay, but is very crash prone. Tons of effects with transparency don't show well, but it still was free from many graphical bugs that desmume didn't fix until years later (GUESS WHY.)

And that's the only option right now to play games in DSI mode because you know why. baka

Anything that doesn't have the same bugs as zeromusware is hacky and inaccurate these days, or so it seems

end yourself

melonds sorta does local multiplayer. But it barely works and staplebutthead hasn't touched that part of it in months.

>People keep saying this
because it's true. multiple people have tested.

>Drastic is full of hacks.
so is desmume. It still uses floating point instead of fixed point Smh Tbh senpai.

>Are you living in some bizarro world or something?
The bizarro world where Drastic, a desmume fork by some Japanese dev that grew more popular than the main fork, and the official DS virtual console all implemented upscaled rendering...

...before zeromus-sama allowed someone else to merge to main a new and slower implementation that had to be written from scratch, TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER. And only because no one was bothering with the official builds.

Same story for JIT recompiler for 0.9.11 later

>Has new features added regularly.
LOL

> game specific hacks to help pokemon
Double LOL

> cartrdige read delay to help more games boot and work better
guess which new emulator fixed that problem for zeromus to copy the fix?

>guess which new emulator fixed that problem for zeromus to copy the fix?
Wow, emulators build off the work of each other? Unheard of!!!!!!! I thought they all reinvented the wheel from scratch!

>Wow, emulators build off the work of each other?
I guess the hilarious irony of bragging about the one thing that melonDS' dev spent time reverse engineering as one of the recent achievements of not-gonna-fix-it-zeromus is lost on you.

>melonds sorta does local multiplayer. But it barely works and staplebutthead hasn't touched that part of it in months.
Gotta love how 35 days is now "months" and wifi emulation is "dead" in melonDS when it has been SEVEN motherfucking YEARS that zeromus not only disabled wifi menus but prevented anyone in the project from working on them

desMEME defense force isn't well placed to talk about development delays

Fuck off staplebutter. I hope you get Nice'd by a 'peaceful' refugee.

>desMEME defense force isn't well placed to talk about development delays
well said bro

u mad bruh?

>.before zeromus-sama allowed someone else to merge to main a new and slower implementation that had to be written from scratch, TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER
sad..

I'm gonna start the english patched version of Fatal Frame 4 in Dolphin soon. Any of you have a recommended conig. to map pointer controls to a mouse?

PCSX2 core for RetroArch when?

>because it's true. multiple people have tested.
Yet, there's still no proof.

As soon as they update PPSSPP and implement the regular Mednafen PC-Engine core.

>regular Mednafen PC-Engine core

Who the hell would need that anyway? PC Engine has like 3 games that are worth playing and they already run fine on the pce fast core.

What could be the more common cause of audio crackling on emulators?

I'm getting some crackling with beetle psx, if I disable vsync I do get less crackling, but still get some. Does it have to do anything with refresh rate?

might be the performance. what are your specs?

i5 4460
280x
16GB of RAM

are you using the HW renderer? Are you upscaling?

Might be worth testing standalone to see if it happens there too.

What gAME btw?

Currently I'm trying Phoenix. In RetroArch I have no issues, Mednafen doesn't give me any issues either. I was just wondering what could produce it.

So naughty, salty zeromus.

Seems that you're at your best when you're talking about anything but DesmuMEME.

I WONDER WHY

Desmume, Nocash and MelonDS are all trash

The future belongs to medusa
Resistance is futile

>medusa
No longer being developed.

>No longer being developed.
Last change was 21 days ago, nice try

>21 days ago
Yeah, it's dead.

bump

griddlers.net

>last commit 12 hours ago

Is it dead? github.com/twinaphex/ppsspp/commits/master

SP must pay for his crimes

As long as your CPU is at least 2 core 4 thread and has a single thread rating of 2000+ you can max out PCSX2 for any game. So yes, your CPU is fine for PCSX2, and SW vs HW rendering depends on the game, some games run better in one or the other or sometimes it makes no difference.

what is proper setting for goat filter?

How do I get pirated Demon's Souls to run on RPCS3? All I get is a black screen.

>BLACKED

I wonder how long endrift will last before he Rachel's himself.

Why do you guys disrespect transgender devs so much?

Are you implying we treat cisgender devs any better?

Fuck off mooch even without the trip we know it is you.

What are you talking about it?

Thousands a month from Patreon and all we get are useless README updates

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro

This place already killed one dev.

Something seems a bit broken here....

Any ideas? Didn't change anything in the graphical settings just yet.

The dev is broken.

Please delete this image. I'm trying to eat, and that just makes me want to vomit.

Source/story?

>dev

The "girl" was a drug addict, harassing and spitting on people. One of them got fed up and beat the shit out of "her".

Ironically, the attack had nothing to do with the gender. That person was just a legit cunt.

By killing this person, you set Dolphin back years. Well done.

dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/04/25/commemoration-rachel-bryk/

>We worked together on lots of minor user interface changes, I joked about Twilight Princess on Wii being better than Twilight Princess on GC (and got kicked out of chat every time!)

Nice

Not a human being and not relevant to the emulator in any way

So you are saying these mentaly ill fucks are not the epitome of virtue they love to remind you that they are?
Well color me shocked.
It is about time the "sane" trannys cleaned up there "gender" of these shitters.

They haven't fixed the graphical issues in one of the most poplar games on the platform?

If you're on the appropriate build, the inert button is all you need.