/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Ranked season ending August 27th playgwent.com/en/news/6711/

>Video showcasing new social features included in the upcoming patch youtube.com/watch?v=amFGI-Hsj8E

>New cards revealed so far
gwentdb.com/news/139-cd-projekt-red-reveals-new-cards

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/gwent_campaign/albums

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
twitter.com/playgwent

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Old

Other urls found in this thread:

playgwent.com/en/gamescom#schedule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1 eye on the camera
>the other out looking for drowners

dead game dead general

never post a picture more interesting than your thread

dead genre
dead industry

>tfw still not 4200
This weekend will be my last ditch effort, or I just quit this piece of shit forever

The day after tomorrow for the big news?

>Laying out full kaedweni/commando hex
>Opponent: "observe a master in action"
>scorches his own 7 power unit because it got some ability buff because of his inattention
Are Dandelion players the biggest doofuses or what? Haven't laughed like that in ages, he immediately forfeited in shame.

there is a visual bug,
some buffs wont appear on cards,
blame it on CDPR

Searched their gamescom schedule and couldnt find when they are supposed to make an announcement about the patch, its all community events, cosplay or tournament thing.
playgwent.com/en/gamescom#schedule

despite all it's glaring flaws, hearthstone has more depth than this shallow pan of feces

We don't even know if those will be streamed

Hearthstone is like 4 years old.

And Hearthstone knows how to patch regularly.

It's not a beta

Yeah, no.

Recommend me some cancer. My boy Foltest isn't good enough to break through the 4.1k barrier.

I don't mind how cancerous it is.

If your opponent was using some kind of Radovid machines deck then it was me, I didn't use any emotes though except for rookie mistake after scorching myself.
And in my defence it was past midnight and i was drinking myself to sleep

Gwentdb

discard SK, good for climbing and not as gay as dagon

it's pretty fun after you learn the basics

I lack the golds and a couple of silvers.
Only have scraps for one gold and one silver

I was considering X-men. Is it viable?

haven't played xmen myself but they do give me trouble when i get matched up against them. it's also the gayest deck in the gwent i unironically prefer to play against dagon

>looking for a ranked game
>1min30 later
>it's a fucking 3770 mmr dagon
>i have 4450 mmr
haha i sure do love me some high risk low reward games!!!

>won the game
>didnt get any points
thanks cdpr xD

wow fuck im a retard it was a casual game

just trying to keep this general alive with some passionating stories man

>passionating

to each his own i suppose

I hope that we'll see a calveit/letho avatar in this patch, Geralt and Dandy are boring me to death at this point and the rest are pretty meh

What patch?

It's "passionate".

Is there something wrong with my deck or what, apart from lack of offensive options? I've used same variant but with weather/mages, Baron and Drought instead of Dandelion and Djikstra for a while, too, but got fed up with shitty mulligan so I stripped it to minimum.

I've been hanging around 3500-3900 MMR ever since they've reworked how MMR is awarded, risen to my place in one day then just started stalling in place. It must've been what, month? And I still can't reach 4k. Sometimes I'm lucky and this deck plays out really well, sometimes I get stomped on by Skellige axemen netdecks. Games against consume monsters are most enjoyable for me, especially when I had weather in my deck. But Nilf's sweers/pikemen and Skellige's axemen really fuck me up.

> swallow potion
why?

>quen
>swallow
>no infantry men
yeah no wonder

Against scorch/ingi.

>quen
Hello, Alzur's Thunder, gg wpp
>swallow
scorch/igni when my rows are full so that it doesn't hit the units I don't want it to
>infantrymen
I've been in that mulligan hell, never again.

I don't know if you can play NR without getting mulligan hell, it's a 'feature' of the faction

if you cant play around those without bloating your deck with shit cards then you wont get to +4000. there's plenty of reavers still played at 4200 but none of them run swallow, decoy or quen. infantry men are also included in every NR deck I've seen as they're great value when played after sergeants.

just replace dandy with Keira, and you can replace Swallow / Quen with something actual useful

stop making excuses and listen to the advice...

k

l

Is swims 4200 deck actually good? I feel like I'm being memed with Speartip here, this card is hard as shit to get full value from, and has anti-synergy with weather
>inb4 monsters
Dont judge me I'm just trying to get into cool kids ladder

almost every day i come here asking /gwt/ to make the greatest meme deck of all time with me and i never get a single reply, maybe today?

i have almost all golds and silvers in the game. and expandable 900scraps

Fake Ciri, Ceallach, two bronze spies, buff them up with thunderbolt potions

Skellige:
Leader
>harald
Golds
>gaunter
>birna
>vabjorn
>regis
Silvers
>champion of champions
>restore
>Skjall
>Jutta
>Summoning circle
>Necromancy
Bronzes
>marauders
>an craite warriors
>shieldsmiths
>armorsmiths
>ships
>brokvar hunters
>berserkers

i can craft cellach, but right now he's so bad i'm still slightly worried about it. but i'll consider it

only have gaunter out of those golds,and don't have skjall jutta and summoning circle so it's above budget

Nilfgaard
General deck thinning shit like pikeman etc
That 10 strength card that puts a card from their deck to the bottom
Treason

IT'S TREASON THEN

Ceallach is hardly bad, he's 16 points even if you just steal two vanilla emissaries. Also lets you mess with buff dorfs and buff/TrissButt monsters. Obviously he's not premium tier but he's good.

have those, but what else do i put in

well why not then

still 700 scraps left for other shenanigans

Not sure honestly. Thinning shit, it's a meme deck, fuck around with it. You'll probably want that other gold 10 strength nilfgaard card that puts a card at the top of yours... and some bounce shit to make maximum use of the card you steal. So decoy, emhyr etc

list of replacements then
golds: kambi, boar of the sea, aard
silvers:djenge, manticore venom, prize winning cow, dudu
it should be some kind of strengthening deck, add pirestesses to your bronzes, maybe sigrdrifa to cut down on the memes

Just play it to get a feel for it, I've never done it. It's likely more of a control deck due to the fact that you'll not have consistent big guys. Maybe consider gold weather cards, that 10 golem to fuck with their deck more, the 10 silver that puts graveyard cards back

i'll go with this i think. i'm going in game hold on

the idea here is to play kambi then ressurect champion of champions from the grave and meme it with necromancy. the rest is self wounding SK so far

also prize winning cow memes, what now

It got me to 4200.

I dont have speartip though, so I used g:igni instead. Igni is fairly lackluster when everybody's running dagon tho.

add ships or brokvar archers for the berserkers, maybe a swallow potion for your cow

what golds do i put in that's the most burning issue

i guess i'd need avallach and another strong gold body for kambi but that's anti fun

is crach's effect random or do you choose what you pull out? never played him

kambi is a bit of an overkill if you dont go with hjalmar desu
Id go with something like this and use boar instead of birna, use gaunter since this is a meme deck and you want to show them your coc and some two other golds

he will pull the strongest unit in this case djenge, and thent one of your sixes at random

What am I missing for pure dwarfen fun? I know I'm missing that one silver shitter.

For fuck sakes

i have a premium gaunter i've never used before i can put him instead of kambi. that still leaves a gold slot open

i should also put priestesses to ressurect the berserkers no?

>dwarves
>fun
get some potions and elven mercs, then ithlinne to replace saesenthesiss and dennis
yeah i used as many resses as I could, the last gold beats me too, add ermion/golden weather/yenn;con or something like that

also use the commander's horn and eithne

The turing machine is no match for me

best i can do so far IMO. skellige is my weakest faction in terms of golds

What about bronzes?

Also why eithne over dorf?

you want to two round them so you need a lot of buffs for your dorfs and double comanders horn is 40 points in value not to mention that you can use regular potions with her too
as for bronzes use thunderbolt potions and immune boosts, elven mercs to pull them from your deck, dwarven mercs to line your dwarves up for buffs and one adrenaline rush to apply it to two units with ithlinne
Im actually winning with my meme deck, I could really use gaunter to pull sigrdrifa though

i'll go test it in singleplayer

some leaders will be changed

any germans here to translate?

Hoog: Play a silver unit or a bronze dwarf from your deck.
Emhyr: Play a card from your hand and then return an allied bronze or silver unit.
Cripple: After every turn damage the weakest enemy on the opposite row by 1 (ignoring armor).
Rad: Crewman 1

I think that's all.

>Play a card from your hand and then return an allied bronze or silver unit.

They fucking nerfed Emhyr? Good god.

Hoog gets buffed, so he can now pull bronze dorfs
Emhyr gets nerfed, so he can't place golds no more
Cripple becomes the new Yen:Con
Eredin stays the same except -2 strg
Rad will be pushed as the machine archetype (lul)

Wasn't it always that?

>Hoog: Play a silver unit or a bronze dwarf from your deck.
Silver unit... or silver dwarf?
I think is bullshit anyway.
If he can only pull midgets, is shit. Forver leader of the midget deck. Hope they change resilience, btw.
If he doesn't, bullshit. They made a fine leader even more versatile.
> Emhyr: Play a card from your hand and then return an allied bronze or silver unit.
First Pavetta and now this...
Never recover
> Cripple: After every turn damage the weakest enemy on the opposite row by 1 (ignoring armor).
Legit kek. Haralt the rainman.
> Rad: Crewman 1
k.
Whatever it takes to buff the machines

now you pick a unit up and then play something from your hand
so after the patch you can d-shackles avallach and pick him up in one turn

Not really a fan of the new Harald. Once you learn the new meta decks, you can just play him turn 1 and force the opponent to play into a long round with him or to pass early.

No. Emhyr currently picks a card up and then plays another. If Germanbro is correct, the order will now be reversed.

Oh right, I am dumb. It's kind of a pretty big nerf isn't it, outside of memes like mentioned.

The change seems to be the order in which that is played.
Aka, before, you could pull a silver (Avallac'h) and re-play it.
Now, you PLAY a card from your hand and then take the card from the board (?)

>so after the patch you can d-shackles avallach and pick him up in one turn
it actually makes emhyr less clunky you also don't have to worry about your control options like vanhemar, auckes, albrich or peter getting destroyed since you can pick them up right after playing them

i'm winning in single player,although i feel like my swallow potion is out of place when i have necromancy

I didn't think of that. Cool.

Will gamescom gwent stuff be streamed anywhere?
Starting from tomorrow they will be showing a lot of new cards in action.

i prefer my armorsmiths since they strengthen too

I'm not really a fan desu, mill is interesting but it should be one of the hardest archetypes to play, if it becomes common then it'll be infuriating to play against

> play reveal deck, struggle around the 3900-4000 mmr mark
> play brainless consume deck, win 6 games in a row
really makes you think

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.
It means you need to have something else to play.
For example, you are playing against a swarm deck, so you play Vanhemar. With old Emhyr, you can replay Van next turn for another 12 points.

With the new one, you play your mage, then you play Emhyr, which makes you play something else, and then you can play Vanhemar again.

I think this version leaves more open to passing, among other things.

>Radovid is now crewmen

The thought of Radovid going out into the field to help push around siege machines is fucking ludicrous.

it should be foltest ofc but he's already one of the strongest leaders in the game and radovid is underpowered so that's how things came to be

nilfguard gets nerfed again

>With the new one, you play your mage, then you play Emhyr, which makes you play something else, and then you can play Vanhemar again.

No, with the new one you play Emhyr, then play Vanhemar and return him right back into your hand.

Oooooh. You are right.
I was still thinking about Avallac'h and shit.
Shame they want to kill milling, man...

it actually saves you one turn
>avallach'h>shackles/d-bomb>emhyr
>avallac'h>shackles/d-bomb and emhyr in the same turn

Damn, user, what if you are secretly a genius?