Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=tEuD5NF2Q8A
ilovebulleta.blogspot
youtube.com/watch?v=duK8okgQNIU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

S1 Chun was mid tier. Just because you're a shitter who lost to her online doesn't change facts.

I WANNA GOOB DAT

clips.twitch
.tv/ArborealMuddyKuduSMOrc

Don't bully Jiyuna

Instant air leg is not the only Chun Li nerf. She also loses her 3 frame jab, which means that even when her instant air legs connect she needs to do cr.lk rather than cr.lp into BnB combo. She also loses her best anti-air with expanded hurtbox that doesn't make any goddamn sense. SOME of the nerfs make sense because she was strong for sure. Some rando beat Infiltration with Chun in Capcom Cup if I remember. However the nerfs add up a bit too much.

Rather than nerfing characters to the ground and taking tools and playstyle away, Capcom should've given more tools to other underpowered character instead. Currently Chun kinda plays like a brainded flowchart footsie character in a game where footsie is not very rewarding. There isn't that much you can do with her, even MOV's Chun looks pretty boring.

you seem to be under the false impression that they're interested in a balanced game

lmao see me in fantasy strike right now Jiyuna

Is Jiyuna still blacklisted by Capcom Japan and ASW?

>you seem to be under the false impression that they're interested in a balanced game
They are interested in balanced game. Having all Rufus top 8 at EVO live on ESPN would be the last thing Capcom wanted.

However they're balancing things by taking away dirty tools from characters, making them all vanillas and lowering the overall ceiling. This has been apparent in Beta1-> Beta2 -> S1 -> S2 iteration. It feels like we're looking at backwards movement from USF4-SF4AE-SSF4 into vanilla SF4

I'd argue that if sfv has anything going for it, it is incredibly balanced right now. Yea there are top and bottem tiers, but there is incredible character variety, and nobody can really agree on a top three or even top five

what dadrock band should i listen to while playing goober?

They should have never changed her st lk aa. Its not like a aa jab where the move doesnt even look like its supposed to be used as an anti air. Shes kicking straight up, why did people get triggered buy it? People talk about no defensive options but then complain about characters having good anti-airs.

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic

>That gif
It still hurts.

depends on your main

Queen and Guns & Roses

I really don't know how people are so hopeful that S3 will fix anything wrong with S2 despite S2 being itself a downgrade from S1.

Unless they fire Woshige and get some real designer and people who knows their shit behind the boards, it's going to be even worse everytime they make an update. This is SFV's history, after all.

I belive that sfv is balanced but the game doesnt feel like its balanced for some reason

BLACKLISTED

I think they will add moves to every chaacter in season 3. Gief, Sim and Cammy got new moves on that small rebalance patch so i am pretty sure they are working on giving new shit to the whole cast

Capcom IS listening to complaints. S2 nerfs were all due to fan complaints, but they did it a bit too hard. If Capcom is still listening, 2nd time might be the charm. I bet Capcom didn't expect so much criticism even from the pros whose livelihood depend on the game's success.

Buff Juri Alex Ryu Chun, the undisputed bottom 4 and leave the rest of the cast alone except maybe boxer. Give everyone new tools and we'll be all set.

Ryu had the ugliest looking cr forward in that build.

I can't pinpoint why this costume looks bad, but it does

hair

What is jam supposed to reference?

His hair looks like a melted cheese and his ponytail is a jumbled mess of polygon.

Get the mod instead it is infinitely better

It really must be the hair, huh. That mod looks like Alex. The SFV version looks like a guy cosplaying as Alex.

that's just because the game is random as fuck
every character can jump on you, beat your anti air, get you to the corner and throw loop you for the ft2

I'd be okay if they nerfed TAP to being 3 punches again only if they brought back headbutt

youtube.com/watch?v=tEuD5NF2Q8A

Sagat
Eagle
Guy
Sakura
Elena
Roxy

Yeah they really need to resculpt the hair and teeth for half the cast. It shouldn't take long and it would fix probably 80% of the problems with the aesthetic side of the game. Ken needs a lot of help though.

If they fixed Ken and Alex's french fry hair and Ibuki's stupid smile in her win pose, I would be so happy.

ken's hair on the right just looks like a yellow octopus sitting on his head.

Okay so I reinstalled sf5 and I can't find a match is this normal for the morning? Never really had this issue in sf4

The matchmaking is total fucking ass
Like I don't understand what Capcom was thinking, but it got me to quit playing regularly.

I really enjoyed the meta of the lobby system in sf4 like when you know someone was grinding that PP and they would kick you repeatedly after a whooping

In USFIV, was plinking intentionally put into the game or was it just a quirk of the game engine? If it wasn't intentional...people were really expected to consistently hit 1 frame links?

pic related, Ive read Sakura was practically unplayable online cause of her many difficult links

not intentional
plenty of people played her online, plinking made it pretty easy

People who take videogames so seriously are always hilariously looking to me.

game is dead as fuck

seriously I have been waiting for an opponent for ten minutes is this busted?

Plinking wasn't bad Blanka had a 1 framer that was impossible to plink unless you modded your stick and I hit that shit consistently online

>intentionally
no

Hair, face and body shape, mostly.

Do you have the handshake icon?

How boobs are too big. And the pants look poofy. He should really have a more slender build. I don't really mind the hair.

So, what FGC peeps or e-celebs in general are known to have posted here or at least lurk this general?

Jiyuna for sure,
some people rumor KBrad lurks this general, but I don't know.

Who else?

Where would I find it and can anyone point me towards a good basic info guide for laura?

What is your favorite kusoge to play?
Mine was JJBA:AB, if it was 60fps I would had liked it even more

thats some reddit tier question

I'm pretty famous.

back in the day a few pros would grace the old sf4 generals we had on /v/ not sure if anyone stuck around

You're so obsessed with reddit that you would say that even your mom is Reddit because I upvote her ass everyday.

I'm pretty famous.

When you are in the character vs image, the one that shows information of the opponent, it shows either a handshake icon or a reaper icon. I 've heard that when people have not played the game the icon appears late. But if you don't have the good handshake icon the chances of getting a match are like 10% in comparison.

>Laura
kys

>S2 nerfs were all due to fan complaints
who the fuck complained about DPs?
does capcom base their nerfs on the complaints that random scrubs put in steam reviews or something?

IDK WHO TO PLAY I just want blanka but I know they would make him retarded like in sfxt

Blanka has always been retarded

that also is a reddit tier joke, you probably fit right in there so what are you doing here

Is he still translating for Arika or is he blacklisted there as well?

I'm here to mock up faggots like you.

>Rather than nerfing characters to the ground and taking tools and playstyle away, Capcom should've given more tools to other underpowered character instead.

If you give everyone an answer to instant air legs, or give them something just as obnoxious, you've made the game less fun to play.

Why are you all so terrified of the n-word?

see me in st(u wont)

u rite

>NetLab: That being said, I think SFV is much more elaborate as a game compared to the time right after the release. What did you feel about issues on the loading times or the netcode back then, which drew a lot of complaints?

>Bonchan: I saw it with a bitter laugh. I was 'beyond annoyed.' Like, 'whoa, what a nasty game has come...' lol. But Capcom Pro Tour was publicized and I couldn't help but play whatever that was. So I went along with it.

kek
how retarded did the decision makers at capcom have to be to release sfv half finished?

Will the MVCI story mode be on the same level of Shakespearean writing as Abigail's story mode?

Source?

she-hulk is a seriously underrated character in umvc3, why no one play dis character?

ilovebulleta.blogspot
.jp/search/label/English%20Translation

I need you hunter...

She was miles better in vanilla when she had a lighter weight class and a mashable crouching light.

that hunter is cute, i hope shell be that cute in the game

>The roster is the last legitimate complaint Reddit and its vanguard (Max) are leaning on

What are doobers like Kappa going to do when the game comes out and it has

>Two Gokus
>Two Vegetas
>Two Buus
>Two Gohans

How can they use their mental gymnastics to justify putting the same characters on the roster twice?

Holy shit, that's one mean nerf right there. I'm switching from Cammy to Chun atm and I'm having a lot of trouble anti-airing with her.

>Gief, Sim and Cammy got new moves
Which ones did Gief and Sim get? I'm only familiar with Cammy's air grab.

DELET

Is she absolutely confirmed DLC? If capcom does a decent job with making her and Venom look good I will play it and put time in.
Also the same with Menat in SFV, she might be the only saving grace for me in that game.

She was in the story mode apparently along with black panther who is confirmed DLC

It'll be
>Sigma & Panther
>Hunter & Bucky
>Venom & CapCom

FLAT

>at least it's still more beautiful!

Man, looking at how exciting the new Monster Hunter is going to be and then going back to Capcom's current fighting games feels so depressing.

Are invincible even necessary in SFV? Why do half the characters have them and the other half have nothing on wakeup?

>implying hunter won't be a promotional character for the monster hunter movie which is a promotion for MH worlds
SYNERGY

Which is why I don't get when people complain about Capcom in general when the most offensive cases have been mostly their fighting games.

It's almost like problems should be blamed on different dev teams with baffling decisions more than companies in general who just want to make games.

>monster hunter movie
Is that really happening?

Well, MH makes profits unlike Capcom's fighting games.

Cute!

MvCI's story is all about controlling these incredibly powerful stones and there's even one called power stone. How is there not a power stone character in the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=duK8okgQNIU

How do we feel about SF's bara aesthetic?

sim got a special cancelable cr mk and gief got a parry against horizontal kicks

Nobody wants to play those functions.

To be fair they were called gems in MSH. The name and colors change sometimes.

>when the most offensive cases have been mostly their fighting games

And Resident Evil.
And bad PR marketing.
And shameless anti-consumer practices.
And DmC by Ninja Theory.

The list goes on.

new MH looks shittier than all their fighting games over the last decade.

Impossible. Just the fact it runs on motherfucking MT Framework rather than a cheap ass UE4 makes it much better looking and generally more promising.

yes

Give me 1 (ONE) good reason as to why you are not playing Alex.