Traded in my 2006 Mustang for a 2015 Certified Optima SX last night

traded in my 2006 Mustang for a 2015 Certified Optima SX last night.

explain to me how badly i fucked up.

Why the fuck would you buy a 4 year old Kia? Fucking hell just spend the extra $2k and get a new one.

i actually like the previous generation's interior more than the current model's, plus being a couple years old the biggest chunk of depreciation already hit. i could have gotten a 2017 or 2018 for a couple thousand more but that would have been for a barebones base model while the SX is the top trim that the previous owner had ordered with a lot of extra options.

whats the trade-in value of a S197 these days?

They threw in some floor mats for free...

No one gives a shit about v6 stangs these days, you made the right decision

$5000, had to haggle for a bit but its in excellent condition for its age with low millage and some extras that would improve its resale value for them.

the Optima did come with the full winter weather package which is a must here in the land of eternal rain (Seattle).

I drive by that dealership every day lol

Not to mention Stangs are shit anyway.

that generation was slow (210hp from a 4L V6 lol) but those Cologne engines were built to last and really easy to work on. those were the last Mustangs you could really wrench on without having to deal with dozens of sensors and electronics controlling everything.

It has the same V6 as my truck lol

>Production: 1962-2011

they put that engine in pretty much everything you can think of.

go buy something, those guys looked bored as hell. i spent 3 hours there on a friday night doing paperwork and i think i saw one other customer pass through, 'sperg out over the Stinger GTs then leave.

>sperg out over the Stinger GTs then leave
Mfw you probably spotted a fellow Veeky Forumsutist there

Performance wise both of these are shit. OP you got a car to get from a to b. Hopefully it doesn't break down due to korean.

nah he was actually dressed well and not mumbling into a hoodie. he came off more as a Fratbro looking for a ride to impress the law firm partners but couldnt afford anything yet.

it still has 7 years of "powertrain warranty" left on it, im more worried about about the endless electronic components and motors failing in a couple years after the bumper to bumper warranty has expired.

>that generation was slow (210hp from a 4L V6 lol)
It was the quickest car you could get for less than 20k back in the day. A mid 6 0-60mph isn't slow by the standards a decade ago.

In North America only the Ranger and Explorer got the SOHC 4.0L V6 other than the Mustang.

It's a good daily. The only thing I really hate about it is the steering.

>im more worried about about the endless electronic components and motors failing in a couple years after the bumper to bumper warranty has expired.
as you should be, because thats exactly what happens to hyundais

>It was the quickest car you could get for less than 20k back in the day.

but thats just fucking wrong, the fastest production vehicle for under 20k was the 2004 Dodge SRT4