What does Veeky Forums think of the Mercedes X class?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Mercedes X class?

It's just a Nissan.

>Mercedes badge and interior
>proven Nissan platform
>buy used after warranty and you can take it to a Nissan dealer for most maintenance
What's the downside?

Initial cost

The next era of helping spot a badge whore.

why not just buy the nissan?

If Mercedes is gonna rebadge a pickup they should have at least picked a decent one

Why doesn’t Toyota do this with Lexus? It’s clear that there’s a market for $80,000+ Luxury trucks

>It’s clear that there’s a market for $80,000+ Luxury trucks

That market is mostly successful hillbilly contractors who still live near their childhood trailer-park buddies, and they take pride in only buying """"Domestic"""" (aka made in Mexico) so Lexus wouldn't fare too well.

Let the trophy wives buy it first, then. Since it's a Merc it'll lose half it's value in 2 years.

>Trophy wife
>Buying a Mercedes work truck based on a Nissan

Because Japs are smart and HONORABARE and still want the Lexus brand to hold value in ten years. You start doing cheap rebadges and you're gonna be known as a cheap rebadger very quickly. Look at how seriously Cadillac are taken. Not in the least is how. Only niggers and dumb trophy wives buy Escalades, and nobody even cares for their other models.

>work truck
Yeah mate this screams work truck to me. I bet my foreman down at the builders yard is gonna buy a whole fleet of these.

but I thought Johan moving Cadillac to a SoHo office building was going to save the brand and put them on par with Audi and BMW???

You know, I actually dislike it less than some of the other interiors in the current Mercedes lineup.

does the X have a Nissan engine too?

have to say the interior is gorgeous

Almost half the Lexus linup is rebadged Toyotas

The small petrol will be Mercedes, the smaller of the two diesels will be Nissan, the bigger of the two diesels will be Mercedes.

Yeah, but they're rebadged Japanese Toyotas, and those are actually worth their weight. To engineer a Lexus pickup you'd have to tarnish the brand with a rebadge of an American market Toyota like the fucking Tundra.

That's the concept my nigga, the interior is actually no more luxurious than a Citan van. This is a pure work truck, but it just isn't for your local foreman, it's for your slightly more well off farmer for whom the idea of just makinf do with a Navarra or Hilux is terrifying

They both seem identical to me, only one seems to be the entry model and the other the top trim.

Also
>This is a pure work truck, but it just isn't for your local foreman, it's for your slightly more well off farmer for whom the idea of just makinf do with a Navarra or Hilux is terrifying
It's probably going to be just like the VW Amarok, and the Amarok is only driven by suburban richfags with horse trailers and by building company owners to go to meetings in a suit while the builders drive around in VW Transporter flatbeds.

What’s wrong with the hilux? Also isn’t the Toyota Tacoma one of the best mid size trucks you can buy. I don’t see how a version with a better interior would tarnish Lexus’s name since they’re very reliable trucks

What's wrong with the Hilux is that it's not approved for the North American market, and if they went through the trouble of redesigning it to then sell a Hilux rebadge in North America they might as well sell the Hilux in the first place instead of the Tacoma.

It wouldn't make much business sense.

The Tacoma's bigger and more comfortable.
It's like the narrow body Camry vs the wide body Camry or the Avalon.

Tacoma is specifically made for non truckers in america. It doesn't sell well as a work truck, nor does it handle work duties well, it's more of a hobby truck.
The Hilux is the "real" truck, it actually handles shit (and like shit) like a truck, it's actually cheap, you can get it flatbed from factory, etc. Let's face it, in america no one actually likes work trucks, otherwise everyone would be buying fleet shit, everyone just wants a sedan that looks like a truck, hence the plush F150 and so on.
Nothing wrong with it of course, but I really doubt people would buy the Hilux in america.