/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

new fucking bread baby

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.14 Regulation 1.35
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOJNk7YiE7c
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/235044
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh boy, I wonder what happened here.

Like fuck sake I don't even like c'mon how is this fair?

I want qt Lothric bf

BOISE

B team was better

Reminder to at least donate a dollar a month to ENB's patreon

>he uses a one-shot build
>he doesn't just make a build that he enjoys

>all those ledges in the propanetown
I remember a similar thing with a ledge below the second Gutter bonfire
For what purpose?

>not wanting gwyndolin and lothric as qt harem boys

This, honestly. I just make fun builds usually for the sake of roleplaying my OCs.

Just tagging to say this is one of the most pathetic things I've read lately, congrats.
Way to waste hundreds of hours of your life on some "sunken-cost" bullshit when I'm willing to bet you'd already decided you hated the game within the first few hours.

Considering how oneshot builds have the highest risk and highest reward, I wouldn't find it outlandish that someone may enjoy it a lot. Unless if you mean that splitleaf combo

Wait, are we doing Dancer, Healslut?

>tfw no frail bf to cuddle teleport you around and stuff

They are not for harem! They are only for hugs .

I hate this feel.

Yeah I want to give firekeeper her eyes because I like the music that plays afterwards more than the normal Firelink theme. Probably gonna do Vordt, start Greirats quest then do Oceiros and Champ.

I'll have my sign ready for Vordt, then, in front of his fog wall.

you think lothric isnt the type of guy whos knees turn weak when you nibble on his ear?

Ah classic invasion

I bet Lorian is that type of guy. Get it? Because he's on his knees already and Lothric is in a position from which he can nibble on his ear

so, lothrics a powerbottom then?

Anybody got any good theme/cosplays that can still stand up to hypercancer gank squads?

I'm watching the cutscene since I got invaded and I like fucking with them

That lightning just shits out damage, it's absurd. I could barely get a hit.
I know you wanted to start Greirat's quest, so I'll have my sign at the start of the Garden.

yes

FUN

lewd lothric art when?

are you the user trying to cosplay from the other day?

cathedral knight ugs, Evangelist, Follower, Champ, Lothric ugs, Winged knight

Yeah I can't really think of anything that does more damage than a direct contact Sunlight Spear, especially when you have
32% buff with Miracle rings
10% with Sacred Oath
25% with Rose of Ariandel
15% with War Banner
Easily deals 2000+ damage on anything

ITS HAPPENING

I think I know why it only took us two tries to kill Midir that one time.

Anyone up for Nameless King? SL100, PC, NG, pass is dsg.

I'll try not to die, my defences are pretty shit though.

>mfw kill all skelly lords at once
>mfw spamming darkstorm and dead again
DaS3 is fucking shit for not letting me do this

yes I am the user trying to cosplay from yesterday
It's way more fun than I had anticipated, I'm gonna keep NK for a while

>ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget
I didn't know Oceiros was such a shit talker.

I'll be there in 5.

I've never seen him cast Pestilent Mercury like that before

someone forgot their torch

enjoy death

Very noice but why divine pillars? not only goes against cosplay, it's also terrible

This place is the worst. Finally cleared it and got it lit up though.

>enjoy death
lmao
In all seriousness though, they aren't THAT bad. Killing them actually yields some nice robes + a weapon on occasion, so killing them is worth it.

B-team doesn't exist

hold up

you can just use a torch and still kill them, they won't attack back unless you back them into a corner

Right as he went into his second phase, I got a close-up of his nutsack

One of the more memorable areas, desu.

Also, get good.

it's classic /v/ autism.

>This game is terrible and only faggots enjoy it. I should know, I played it for 300+ hours and hated every second of it, and also am a huge faggot

i liked it, it's not so bad as long as you bring a torch to deal with the spooky spider dudes

Gimme about 15 minutes bud and we'll pick up at Untended Graves, just gonna go watch the eclipse.

i really like it but it's insanely difficult as a starting area

the viking pirate guys have 3-4 hit infinite tracking combos that stunlock you in a starting area in a game where it's noteworthy for a boss to have more than 3 hit combos

well this character is only on NG, so I got the Dragonslayer Swordspear from NK soul, which means I can't get Lightning Storm yet. So I took the only other aoe miracle I had.

It's garbage, but definitely still fun garbage

I still have maybe forty minutes before the eclipse starts, so I'll be ready when you are.

It's fun when you know where you're going and know when it's going to end. On a first playthrough where you feel like it's never going to end, and you're constantly getting assaulted wherever you go, it's pretty intense.
I like to use the pharros lockstone, I'd rather deal with the archers and just block them with a shield than hold a torch forever.

Also this, the Varangians can just decide to stunlock you to death if they feel like it. Also they never drop their fucking sword&shield but I already have twenty copies of each armor piece holy shit

>I really like it but it's insanely difficult as a starting area
It's not really difficult when you consider how much you can get without going there. FFoG and Heide's Tower basically contain everything you need to beat the entire game.

It's also optional if you choose to fight the pursuer instead.

I thought it was almost 1, shit. I'm that case let's keep going if you want

>insanely difficult as a starting area
Why is NMW a starting area? In SotFS, I always did Pursuer right after Dragonrider and went to Lost Bastille
you're right, it's insanely difficult to start in, but definitely not impossible.

This is a moot argument if it's a first playthrough. They won't know all that.

Shit. Got invaded.

I'll head to the Graves now then

>the viking pirate guys have 3-4 hit infinite tracking combos
>Also this, the Varangians can just decide to stunlock you to death if they feel like it

the fuck. they are basically standard hollows. i dont see how they are any tougher than the hollow swordsmen you encounter on the way to the pursuer in FOFTG. if you struggle with those, i dont see how you will ever deal with any of the later content in DaS2, or lothric knights in the very beginning of 3.

Going from DS3 to DS2 is a learning curve. You don't have infinite stamina and iframes.

>area is hard
>maybe I should go back to an easier area and get stronger
>discover tons of new equipment you missed
>return to hard area now more empowered

it's not a moot argument, it's just that the game rewards you for not being an idiot and bruteforcing it.

we got done anyway, sorry :(

I'll probably post here later for Friede help. Or maybe the whole DLC, don't really fancy going through the wolf rape/Milliwood Knights area alone, I need to get the ashes.

I cannot for the life of me find a fashion to match this weapon

>Baligant
youtube.com/watch?v=pOJNk7YiE7c

Playing without ADP is rough, but enemy + boss movesets are 10x more predictable, enemy tracking is far less punishing, and you can get enough souls to level ADP adequately by beating a boss or 2.

>so I got the Dragonslayer Swordspear from NK soul
you fucked up, you should've asked for someone to drop it for you

What's some good Veeky Forums for Lorian's crown?

>summon for Drake and Josh
>I start attacking Pikachu first, one guy joins in to quickly kill him while the other keeps Snorlax busy

It's less about the iframes and more about the recovery time and stamina cost. In DS2 you can only roll 2 or 3 times in a row before you run out of stamina, and there's a much larger window of vulnerability. So you can't "button mash" rolling like you can in DS3. There's also a much longer startup, iframes don't begin immediately after you pres the button like in DS3 either.

And even despite that, you need 32 ADP to reach DS3 midroll iframes.

It's not harder because you have fewer iframes, it's harder because you get royally fucked for rolling or attacking multiple times in a row.

Desert Pyromancer Garb and Slave Knight Leggings.

We'll start up again in Undead Settlement here in about 30 minutes if you want, I need some food

How is the carthus curved greatsword for invading at SL35?

Gets about 266 AR at 24 strength/22 dex two handed and I can't invest any more into stats than that. I'm also abandoning the chloranthy ring and only have 22 end.

Will it win, or will I find myself stamina starved too quickly? I can drop knight ring for chloranthy, but that drops the AR to 245.

>And even despite that, you need 32 ADP to reach DS3 midroll iframes.
You should list agilty values rather than just ADP because attunement also increases Agility

I might not make it, the eclipse might come before then. I'll tell you when I'm ready again.

Gee
How come enemies get to have so much poise?

What's the best one shot build for DaS1?

they come from another time

That's fine man, just shoot me a (You) when you're ready

not worth the stat investment for the AR. Your lack of vigor and endurance will fuck you up.

>forced to help people because invasions are dead

It'd do the job. I've won with worse weapons, and 266 AR is respectable on a quality build at that SL. Very good, even.

I still get 27 vig. It's the 22 end I'm concerned about, because most of my SL35 invaders get at least 26. The difference between 22 and 26 is literally 10 points of stamina though, will that really make a difference in an invasion scenario?

I'm just tired of using str build greathammers for big dick numbers over style and flexibility.

>I need to get the ashes.
I wanted the helmet for fashion so I watched a guide then did a dead sprint for the ashes from the snowfield bonfire. It's pretty easy and aside from one dude on a narrow staircase there's not much that actually blocks your path.

red tear stone ring, dark bead, (maybe also affinity) power within dusk crown, bellowing dragoncrest. point-blank will one shot most bosses in NG+.

Until you get access to dark bead, you can dump souls into pyromancy and use fire tempest or chaos fire orb

We did it, boys.

This is my under 30% katana build. His name is Art of Vandelay.

no? I don't care that much, this is my achievement character anyway

But you are discounting the vastly decreased speed/enemy tracking in DaS2, and like i said the biggest difference is enemy attacks are telegraphed much more obviously and slowly (for the most part).

Adunno, I'm just surprised that people truly believe DaS2 is harder than 3, i found the series tended to get much more challenging as they went along. There are a couple tough early battles in 2 (pursuer is a good example until you realize his patterns are also quite predictable) but other than the DLCs ive always found it much, much easier than 3.

ARRRGHHGHHHGRGHHGHHHH

OOOOOOOCCCCCCCEEEEELLLLLOOTTTTTTTTEEEEEEE

What about like this:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/235044

Sacrifices a little bit of vig, but HP is still over 1000 and it has great flat and percentile defenses for SL35. The sword gets 259 AR and has the R1 L2 R2 combo for bleedouts, which is almost guaranteed at this level. I get enough poise to trade with straight swords, and I have enough weight for my trusty cancer dagger. I have the stats to use the Millwood Bow effectively.

I can also pop out a Carthus Curved Sword with 229 AR if I need to, or like, a washing pole with 230 AR if I feel like being a faggot. Black Knight Sword, too. Even at +1 it has 272 AR so I have a pocket greatsword option.

It just seems like a decent build. I feel like I've gained enough experience as an invader to do something a little bit less minmaxy and a little bit more fun.

NAMEBRAH STREAMING

Down to help you get through the snowfield. One of my favorite invaison areas

right during the eclipse too
fucking idiot

I'm not.

In DS3 the timing is more precise, yes, but if you get it wrong you can press roll two or three times afterward and you get instant iframes. As long as you keep rolling it's rare for a boss to catch you.

In DS2, if you roll *once* too early, you almost always get hit.

DS2 and DS3 handle difficulty differently. DS3 gives you the best stuff right away and standardizes the experience so that most weapons and armor all play pretty much the same, with only slight variations in speed and damage but with the same stamina recovery, same roll, tiny differences in damage and armor, etc. Basically fewer options means you always are equipped for the boss even if you just stay with the starting equipment.

DS2 is the complete opposite. The bosses are not that hard, but you HAVE to change your equipment, because the difference between different weapons, damage types, or weight classes are huge. The starting classes are terrible, you can't just pump one or two stats, and your equipment matters way more than anything else.

It's a fundamentally different approach to difficulty and it fucks people up by being deliberately non-intuitive. The best way to play DS3 is the worst way to play DS2.

A lot of people that are more into reaction time and "playing the game as intended" find DS2 extremely frustrating because they run into groups of enemies and get stunlocked or are way under equipped because they didn't explore 2 other areas they didn't know existed yet. DS2 has such a resource management heavy direction (like armored core) that people who are just into hack and slash games find it WAY harder than DS3.

But if you actually explore and collect items and optimize your character before entering new areas, DS2 is way easier than DS3.

Question, are you leveling Adaptability?
Not every build needs it, but if your approach is close combat, you'll eventually need ADP or a greatshield.

>Not club

I am. It's at 15 right now.

Did they nerf the millwood greatbow while I was away? it literally stop me from moving for 20 years after I fire it