JDM Thread

Military fag here moving to Okinawa soon.

I've been saving for a JDM car to bring back to the states when I'm done with my tour overseas.

I've been torn between the vics in pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-efini-rx-7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I not fall for the meme tax and get something else?

yeah az-1 for sure or just any of the performance orientated kei cars, one of those awd ones would be mint.

What's your goal with it? To make a profit, find something unique, or?

Americans don't deserve JDM.

I thought burgers in the army get paid like shit, like 30k a year shit. Meanwhile skyline are going for Y18k

Buy a b18c5 swapped civic like a real man

There isn't really much meme tax over there, I had a 92 GT-R for a lot less than they go for over here, less than half of a cheap one over here.

Get a eg6

i want these two to brap into my mouth

you sound like you have absolutely no passion for Japanese cars seeing how you're asking a bunch of people on an anonymous board "what (JDM) kar is gud"

Do your own damn research and figure out what you like. Also don't buy a car to make a profit because clearly you have no idea what you're doing. Buy something you think you'll like.

Im not going to throw you shit OP, just buy some Skyline (GTS are rwd and that is cool) and call it a day. But please tell me, how did you manage to get stationed there?!

Really like the design of the 90s era
Neither Army nor Enlisted, regardless military members have access to Navy Federal to give auto loans at low interest rates if they need it
I definitely don't know much about them, that's why I'm opening a thread to ask for input.. I'd be a fool to invest in something I don't know much about, right?
A SNCO I spoke to told me the same deal, I'll probably start looking for one first before anything else. My monitor just changed my orders to go ( someone else dropped due to ineligibility to deploy)

anyone reckon you could purchase and mod an r32 gtst and make it handle better than the cost of a stock 32 gtr? or should i just get a gtr?

Go and find something you like. There are a lot of options for you to explore and no one on this board can tell you all of them. Go find the car groups on base and look around at what they have and then make your choice.

Aristo vertex, it's got a 2jzgte, but a 5 speed autotragic (at least it's a 5 speed) and probably cheaper than the "famed" supra

sure, but that's going straight to your bank account since all your other living expenses are taken care of
that's how I understand it, anyways

Legacy RS-B

I've often wondered why you can't import MkIV Supras or FD's. They sold them here in the states, so clearly they've passed the whole crash testing process. What's the problem?

I can't say for sure about Supras or RX7s, but I do know in the case of second gen Subaru legacys the JDM versions are not as safe. Smaller bumper beams front and rear, and less reinforcement in the rocker panels. They also may not pass US emissions, especially in the case of said Subaru because its twin turbo engine was never sold here, nor is it OBDII.

Didn't even realise this was a copy/pasta. Haven't seen this OP for almost a year.

In theory you can import them given that they're similar enough to ones sold here. The easiest way is to get a letter from the manufactorer/brand saying "Yes it is similar enough", but good luck getting one of those without a lot of money.

Saving up for a skyline. Just Burger things.

Are mini nipnop roadsters legal in the states?

Those two cars are in Montreal, Quebec.

They are known in the local community.

they aren't the same car and technically yes you can as long as they are 25 years old and a few FD's have hit that age and a bunch of JDM FD3S' are showing up in the US as of late.

proof: japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-efini-rx-7/

atleast be interestin op, i swear like 99% of militarry burgers bring home supras or r32 gtrs

>i swear like 99% of militarry burgers bring home supras or r32 gtrs

the Toyota Supra JZA80 aka MkV started production in 1993 which makes means they literally just turned 25 years old as of a few months ago. And most people can't easily afford Supra's, especially JDM Supra's

Yes R32 GTR's are a popular import but what actually is cheap and easily found are S-Chassis.

And where is this "99%" number come from? your ass?

this guy isn’t wrong. watch some youtube videos OP. legit good place to start is “10 things i hate about my [insert jdm car here]” so you know what to expect

Get one of these

Consider a Nissan.

is that the damn oil cooler in the back of the r32?

Shut up boot.

I'm sure based Mazda-san would be willing to do it. But Toyota are cunts

I think a classic gtr would be your best bet considering what you where interested in. In 10 years it'll go up in price tremendously in the US and they look amazing. But it is you buying a car. Get what you want, you shouldn't need help from us.

It’s too late to jump on the GTR train.

It’s a differential cooler

Wut RWD (or AWD) cars are still going to be feasible to import in 5-8 years? E.g.: Miat, 240sx, MK2+3 celicas, 2.5RS', MK3 Supra

I’m not spoon feeding you. Figure it out yourself when you get there. There are a lot of options to choose from.

K

Don’t be a cuck and buy something that the US got a variation of, though.

K

Enjoy the shithole of Okinawa and endless restrictions because the dumbass crayon collectors and sailors can’t stop fucking things up though kek

z20 soarer

K

Crayon collectors? This is a new term to me.

USMC

A more common term is crayon gobblers.