/xcg/ - XCOM General

Bow To Your King Edition

Previous Operation
News:
1)EXPANSION dropping August 29th
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>[YouTube] XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announce Trailer (embed)
>[YouTube] 112 new things in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Yes, seriously)
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj
>Demo for the WotC photo booth now available: store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point AMA
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>[YouTube] Phoenix Point Fig Movie

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.4 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FPDgTC6XXQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pistols

The Andromedon and Gatekeeper primes are absolutely magnificent

Next OP must fix video links. Stop be lazy guys.

Viper King please let us enjoy your harem

Do late game enemies hit too hard for a non-MEC soldier to absorb the accidental overwatch that slips past lightning reflexes?

In Long War? Yeah you don't want to be tanking alot of those shot, and if you don't have the right gear, enemies have opportunist and can crit you (but there is a vest to negate crits). Furthermore, there may be multiple overwatches, which the tanking power comes even more in handy for.

Is there anything better than halocom?
I'm really surprised how good the armor ports over to xcom. Why does it work so well?

Titanfall

Its great

>I'm really surprised how good the armor ports over to xcom. Why does it work so well?
I ask this myself all the time
>Carpace armor in XCOM 1.
Yeah ok, looks good
>Carapce armor in XCOM2
Damn this looks niiiiiiiice

youtube.com/watch?v=FPDgTC6XXQ8

Is it just me or does he sound fat? like he can't catch his breath.

Pretty much the only way I play. I just wish there was more stuff.

There is an issue with the shading/texture for the forearms in the propaganda center so hopefully that gets fixed for wotc

Sounds more like assburgers to me.

I should know

Was I supposed to bring a fusion torch or something to force entry?

No, they aren't actually in the ship. That mission is confusing as hell, it doesn't end once you incapacitate all the enemies. Just kill or knockout (preferably KO) the two or so enemies on the map, and then stuff them on your ship or that ship and evac.

>Take only full infiltration missions
>sneak to objective
>four billion pods around objective
>two sectoids that will fuck my asshole get revealed because they were spotted off the reflection of a pretzel and they weren't noticed before because a bag of chips blocked the LOS of 4 ADVENT
>Call EVAC
>wait to see how many soldiers die before EVAC arrives

Is this basically LW2?

Huh. I could have sent the rookies if I'd known that. Why do I even need to climb the tower when I can use my own ship to evac?

Sometime the wizard spawns up there.

Wakaliwood voice mod when

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

Full Halo conversion when?

Berserker Queen seems broken in WOTC at the moment. Activating her while being out of sight allowed sharpshooter to shoot away most of her health with Squadsight, leading to an easy kill. Unless that always was a thing.

Even out of LOS, the queen would still have a ruler reaction in vanilla, I think.

All Rulers broke like this, if you don't trigger their pod, you can easily potshot them

Go figure if they'll have it fixed before release

By the new rules Rulers don't react on out of LOS actions, but she was just standing there taking hit after hit.
This one was triggered though, with a mimic beacon.

Well, the idea is that Rulers don't react to things they can't see

For some reason, Firaxis didn't think of the edge case of "offensive action hits the Ruler from a target he can't see"

In that case, he should definitely get a free action, otherwise you can cheese the facility with a Phantom Ranger/Reaper and 5 squadsight Snipers

Which is weird, because regular pods are at least running around after being shot at.

I don't see what could possibly go wrong with this. I like how you can use it one-handed for only a minor penalty to accuracy.

If you have a full tac suit, it's not "too" risky.

>Counterattack
>ADVENT units have a chance to enter Overwatch after being revealed

>Wild Hunt
>The Chosen are much more likely to appear in combat

>Barrier
>Enemy tech and Psionic defenses are doubled

We're reaching levels of Dark Event magnificence not seen before

How could Lump ever compete?

Instant smokescreen.

Post yfw you never bought the DLC so your WOTC campaign won't be littered with stupid bullshit

Here's your (You), free of charge

>more alien ruler type bosses that look like shitty mass effect aliens
>new classes look edgy as fuck
>3 new enemies, 2 of them are boring Advent mooks and the other is just a codex reskin
>shitty zombies added for no reason
>still no fucking Ethereals even though they were the only enemy missing from the first game
>balance is still fucked, game becomes trivial and boring because of all the OP shit the rulers and chosen give you
>still unoptimized crap

Expansion is shit. It's shit.

I hope it's just a texture import issue because the center uses base WotC settings and the game automatically imports for you.

Damn thing's useless. Never procs full damage for me.

Can't fucking wait until this meme runs its course and people start posting something else.

You'll have to wait at least a month after the expansion hits when all the /v/ shitters go back to their hole.

>no Ethereals in Xcom 2

Why

They got the aids.

why does mr rogers have tumblr hair?

How do we stop the Eternal Snake?

You can start by giving me a source.

But they are.

Cloud Meadow

Easily the best enemies in EU/EW damnit

Why do people act like The Bureau is the worst game in the XCOM franchise?

RELEASE THE FUCKING EXPANSION

>avatar zombies don't have hair

What did they mean by this?

This, they could have just modified the archon design for them, at least the gaudiness of it would make sense then

Because it's hardly an xcom game and is average at best. Which probably makes it the worst game in the xcom franchise unless it's competing with interceptor or enforcer, but desu I haven't played or even seen those.

They didn't even give them new models in Xcom 2.

How would you feel if XCOM3 revealed that all of the events of XCOM2 were part of an ADVENT simulation to see what the commander would do if released from captivity?

I'd laugh and toss any hope I had out the window.

I'd think "gee whiz them aliens sure do like simulating stuff"

>them aliens sure do like stimulating stuff

What if instead Xcom 3 is ADVENT returning only it turns out they've been conquered by another alien empire

I don't give two diddly fungly doodly squats about the story so i wouldn't care.

Very silly, I can't see them going for the same trick twice. Once in a while is ok, but at some point things need to "move forward" so to speak.

On the other hand, what if in XCOM 3 the events of XCOM 1 happened but XCOM 2 was a simulation? That would be pretty funny, I would be ok with that.

How would XCOM 2 be a simulation though, who, after the first invasion, would think: lets simulate what maybe would have happened if we all failed within a few months of the XCOM project, and lets make the simulation last 20+ years, and also lets include crazy purple guys and zombies.

On the other hand it would make parts of XCOM 2 perhaps more believable

>would think: lets simulate what maybe would have happened if we all failed within a few months of the XCOM project, and lets make the simulation last 20+ years, and also lets include crazy purple guys and zombies.
The Council duh, gotta prepare the commander for any scenario.

>It's a "streamer doesn't block the top of a ladder vs lost" episode
Why do they keep doing this?

>wanting to watch someone use cheese strats
the fuck?

What if XCom 3 was a snek meeting and mating simulator where you can be either an XCom soldier breeding with as many Vipers as possible or a Viper choosing the perfect human mate?

Then you'd be a faggot. It's not really a what-if though.

XCOM3 will be XCOM taking over *their* planets instead, and every expansion will be a new couple of planets to conquer

Snakes aren't gay, user. I don't see why you would think that.

>An XCOM-like where you're the aggressor with both sides trying to steal/advance off of one-another's tech
Hmmm

>Odd gives all of his rangers blademaster but never uses sword
why

>sneaking to the objective
Why?

As for evac just throw the flare when you get close to the objective

Excuse my persistence, I'll wait for the memo.

>still no acid viper
>still no frost andromedon

>bunch of recolors with random abilities

The only reason I downloaded ABA was the female Archon and even then, the version from LoversLab is better because it doesn't have the ugly thing on the back like the one in ABA does.

>more alien ruler type bosses that look like shitty mass effect aliens

Have you been paying any attention to the XPAC at all? The Chosen take normal turns

Look just because the Viper King has a frost thing going on doesn't mean he's all about having "a cold one with the boys"

JUST

Chill out pal

They have bloated hp and bullshit alien ruler reaction.

No they don't. Have you even seen gameplay?

>shitposter is ignorant and dumb
What a twist

You viper king fanboys need to cool it

Lmao so they're just glorified normal enemies? I thought they were supposed to be boss fights. False advertising then.

In XCOM 3, you play as the Aliens trying to take over the Earth. In XCOM 4 you get kidnapped and XCOM 2 was just a simulation of what would happen if you were a human Commander and had to retake a homeplanet that wasn't yours.
XCOM 1 is canon if you fucked up in XCOM 3. Then the simulation in XCOM 4 is glitching and you wake up as a Fireaxis employee who wants to fug a snek.
The DLC flips the narrative and is about an EXALT terrorist leader waking up from a simulation.

>false advertising
>were never advertised as such
Nice job moving those goalposts btw

They were hyped up and advertised as boss enemies instead they're fight and die like normal enemies. That's called false advertising.

>tfw your squad is Reaper, Skirmisher, Templar, Psi-Op, MEC