Looking to save up for the next year or two to buy my first car. I want something with a V8, rwd, reliable...

Looking to save up for the next year or two to buy my first car. I want something with a V8, rwd, reliable, and I want it to be fairly easy to work on. It’ll also be a daily driver. Needs to be 10k or under. I’ve been looking at SN95 Mustangs (preferably New Edge), S197s, 3rd gen Camaros/Trans Am, C4 Corvettes, and even something cheaper like Crown Vic Police Interceptors, Infiniti Q45s, and Lexus LS430s. Which one would you suggest? Other options are welcome.

c4

$3k Civic

If you're in the US then something domestic. Also be honest and realistic with yourself. Are you going to a track or just enjoying some acceleration between stoplights?

Neither really. I want something that sounds good and has a little bit of power. Doesn’t have to be much. And I want to just drive it. Not just to work or the grocery store, but to just drive it.

I want it to sound good and be at least kinda cool and a little fast. Civic fits neither.

You can get an automatic c5 under 10k

OP here, there is an ‘84 Corvette for sale nearby. Has 123,000 miles on it, one owner, clean title, and is only 5k. Would this be a good deal? Don’t know much about the 80’s C4s but would it be a better deal than another really clean ‘90 C4 with less miles, one owner, clean title and for 8k?

8k is reaching c5 territory.

i have a 84, 74k miles, excellent condition, paid 3500. the fact yours is original owner is worth the extra coin tho.

Right now, I can’t seem to find any good C5s in my area for under 10k. So C4s are where I’m mostly looking. The 1990 C4 for 8k has only 39k miles on it and is stupid clean. I don’t have the money now, but if by some miracle, that C4 is still for sale a year or two from now, that probably what I’d look at first. Pic related

Mercedes W210 E430. I drove one for sale that they wanted $5000 for it was a fucking BEAST. Very stable handling and reliable. Like the Shamwow guy says "Germans always make good stuff", user

That's WAY too much for a C4, unless it had under 50000 miles on it and was in museum-quality condition there is no way a C4 becomes $5000

so you just keep trolling CL.

go look at that 84

Pontiac G8/Gto
C6

Lexus GS400

Pretty much fits all your requirements and sportier feel over the LS430

Get the c4 faggot. There's no reason to not get exactly what you want either, because there are so many out there and they're all reasonably priced. Make sure it's got the 6 speed manual, and an LT1. You can't lose.

Rx7

It’s very clean. I don’t mind it having 123k especially since it’s only had one owner.

5.0 Foxbody Mustang b/c it matches what you described....

1984 is literally the worst year of the c4. It had some dumbed down engine. Look at LT1s with the 6 speed or don't look at them at all.

Buick Roadmaster or Cadillac Fleetwood w/ LT1
These are uncommon at best but are strictly better than any Panther short of a 5.0 or a Marauder.

1994-1996 B body cars. Buick Roadmaster/Cadillac Fleetwood/ Chevy Caprice/Chevy Impala.

I wouldn't recommend the Caprice or Impala to be honest, they were the cheap option back then and are really showing their age more than a RM/Fleetwood.

3rd gen cam/trans are unreliable, c4 got that good torque, crown vics and ls400/30 are bulletproof and you can easily do burnouts with them

04 gto

cheap af
easy to work on
pretty reliable
spendy insurance though

best c4 was 89-91 l98 with zf 6 speed

>lt1 isn’t the best iteration of corvette engine

muh optispark

>vented based opti-spark

First car? Get a crown Vic that was an ex cop car. My buddy has one that has double the mileage his versa died at. They are maintained very well so you can't lose and they're cheap. Don't spend money on a car you can't appreciate. If I were you I'd get the crown Vic and work from there.

Hoovies garage got Z06 C5 for just under 10k

Unless youre a corvette fan, I'd go with an S197 over everything you listed. The 3v 4.6L mod motor is very reliable and they arent 20+ years old and has as much or more power as anything you mentioned short of a LT4 C4.

LT1s and L98 engines in C4s are ok if youre going to refresh them and mod them a bit as a project, but if that is your thing, find an LS1 C5 or 4th gen Fbody, not a third gen.

I dont even want to know the condition or mileage. Worthwhile C5Zs are still hovering around 18k-25k.. emphasis on worthwhile

Exactly, buy a cheap C5 and just have a 2k budget to fix the little things that will brake due to them being at the end of their serviceable life.

Take a look at a Lincoln MkVIII.
>V8
DOHC 4.6L which made 300 from the factory
>RWD
Yep
>Reliable
It's as reliable as a Marauder.
>Easy to work on
This might be the big hitch, but it's a modular underneath so you should be fine.

my 84 is fine. the crossfire injection is weird, but i wouldnt call it bad by any means.

meanwhile the 85+ c4 engine is the same as the 3rd gen camaro and thats somehow deemed a better buy than the equally priced c4 on here.

>5.0
>reliable

OP specifically stated reliable

>iron block and iron heads
>simplistic design

Ford 5.0's are hella strong, what are you talking about?

>Lincoln MkVIII
Too bad it looks like literal ass

Better off getting a 98+ Camaro with a ls1

LT1 is nice but they worked out a lot of the issues with the ls1. Again the opti meme is real