/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Gameplay 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=TrZSAKS7NFI
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. arrives 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw no Monster Hunter World for Nintendo Switch

MHXX SwitchKino in few days, bros!!!

We did it!

I love this felyne.

I'm jealous of Navil the cringecat because he gets to fuck Hanako's pusi every night. ITS NOT FAIR BROS!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to hunt some Grimclaw? need tickets 2 through 5.

14-2164-4993-4265

Worlds is gonna be shit, solely because it's also on PS4. The MH community is bad enough, it doesn't need niggers and spics on top of it!!

sick fuck

game? Gen or XX?

Gen

Two can play at that game, sweetheart

it's also on pc, many people will come, like the darksouls fags

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO*bing bing wahoo*OOOOOOOO

PC won't have a community because everyone is gonna pirate it dumbass. PCfags are too poor to afford any games after wasting all their money on a $8000 waffle iron.

Yep, I'll be sure to pirate World because Crapcom can't even bother to release it on same day as consoles. Not worth my money :)

stories leak when

How the fuck does Yian Garuga in G rank manage to do more damage than most elder dragons? Fuck this retarded bird. Holy shit

What's the point of these posts exactly ?
Making nintendo fans look bad ? But it's obvious it was not written by one.
Parodying them for humor ? But that's not funny.
Making PS fans look bad for being petty about the competitor not getting the game ?
What's the layering there ? What point are you trying to make with this ?
Is it just to start shit up so we don't talk about Monhun.

>only damage dealing attack is the frame 1 charge
>getting hit by the base of the tail still poisons you
Just delete garuga t b h

Garuga will be fixed in Worlds™

/v/ faggotry leaking in with more force every day.
Report and ignore, literally no point in trying to reason with them.

Are there any updates/relaibe rumors about MH5 or are they still pushing World hard?
I've been out of the loop since E3

World is MH5.

In case this isn't bait, World IS 5

Sorry to burst your bubble but World is MH5.

They fixed his hitboxes a little in Gen, at least for the fucking pecks. They don't do full damage if you're inbetween his feet and his beat anymore.
Still a fucking cunt to fight, the only real tip I can give people is to always fucking dodge left.

World is MH5 with a name more approachable for new players. It's a marketing thing.

Kirin butts

Beak*

I love Snek

does it have 5 in the title?
world is just the not-frontier for the west as far as I reckon
it does not evolve anything or introduce anything new, is it? I mean other than the 'open world' gimmick.

I would find it hard to believe if they suddenly just decided to stop making proper MH with timer and new stuff, and the naming conventions so far were a solid indication if the game is mainline (numbered, U and G versions) or spinoff (subtitle and such)

How about doing more research than none at all?

How big are snek's dicks?

research into what? twitter marketing?

Fucking idiot.
twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg

that anatomy is all wrong but cute

You're right, I didn't notice the back legs.

oh boy none of this sounds good

You're right, if only we had gameplay videos or trailers

How about watch the last trailer and shut the hell up.

Yeah bro, World has no timer. You're so right. They clearly illustrated this in the new gameplay videos. Man, I wish we were all as smart and educated on the topic they're talking about like you.

well it doesn't look too good either
however it is not about it look but about how it works and I can't say much until I played it

What exactly doesn't look too good?

How much research do you really think that guy did in 4 minutes?

I suppose it's not one thing, one could say that I just don't like change but somehow it doesn't look like the monster hunter I wanted.
It might be that they are just not showing the things I'd like because they have a different marketing angle for the west but it all looks like another chink bootleg monster hunter, somehow it's just wrong.

All we really needed was MHFU with better graphics.
Fuck World.

Wow what a detailed explanation.

What are the things you'd like, then?

>exchanging graphics for hitboxes
Ehhh

*skingshots your dick*
Back the fuck off??

take your meds grandpa

FU's hitboxes are fine.

I miss the times when GL and HH weren't shit weapons.

gen 1/2 monsters got left behind in gen 1/2/frontier for a reason

4U is basically MHFU if you're looking to replay a newer version of rajang hunter freedom unite

well at least once new weapon would be a good start
more traditional tracking
generations gathering where you just hold the button was perfect imo
I'd like it of they shown some of the flashier gear
I'd like it of it was more colourful, all the trailers are looking gloom and washed out, like there was a persistent fog filter

I suppose why it doesn't sit well with me is that there is a missing link between what they are proposing in the world and 4U/Generations, if world is truly meant to be MH5

will there at least be cross play between the platforms?

What's a decent way to get Heavy Armor Spheres in Gen?
Guess I've been making too many armor sets because now I'm really struggling to fully upgrade them

I really enjoyed rajang hunting both times so there's that

why does this fanbase more than any other desperately want their game to stagnate?

do you imagine the outrage if they finally announced a new monhun after a shitfest of 3DS and its literally just HD grandpa game?

also no damage numbers floating about and such, I hope this will be only optional

>Still playing gen
My dude, why?

Aave edit

You're so far behind that the E3 trailer hasn't even been shown.

perfection was reached on the 3ds
you don't fix what doesn't need fixing

It's been confirmed that it is.
But I don't remember the source so I could be bullshitting you.

Quicker gathering is objectively better.

You'd know about optional damage numbers and no cross play If you actually bothered to research.

>tfw no cute little sister you take care of that looks up to you to hunt with

In what games is HH shit, and why? Serious question, not being a douche. It seems so cool

there's a stark difference between "fixing" and "adding new things because not everyone is an autist who can do the same thing for 3000 hours and still have fun"

Stop it really hurts.

I could be your little sister if you want

Every single one that is not called MH3U/G

>well at least once new weapon would be a good start
they massively revamped multiple weapons, which is a good move since adding new weapons without making sure the existing ones are on roughly equal footing first is just going to result in a disaster.
DB and SA really needed the remakes.

Fuck, really? Why? Just not enough damage?

I got it like 2 months ago since it was at a really low price.
It's pretty fun

Thanks for the suggestion but cheating sort of kills the purpose of MH

Sorry I meant to post this picture with it.

HH is fine again in XX, they got rid of the raw nerf on AuL horns so now it's only slightly behind other weapons while still providing massive buffs to the party.
Making a weapon with strong support just as fast at killing shit as other weapons hardly seems fair anyway.

So the purpose of MH is to do menial farming tasks until you get what you want rather than actually hunting monsters?

And why aren't you just playing XX instead?

Because it's not released in the west and I'm not a filthy pirate so I have no reason to hack my 3DS

>more traditional tracking
yeah like taking a psychoserum

well what's the point of this open world if you can just deploy the tracking bugs and just beeline for the monster anyway?

>Been learning Lance lately, have gotten good I'd say
>Made Barroth X to try out Guard lancing
>Need to do my keys, I'm still G2
>Give Brute Force a try
>Get him all the way down to the point of drooling
>Frenzied Tigerstripe Zamtrios comes out of nowhere
>The moment I Farcaster out I get caught by him
>Escape with a slither of health
>B. Tigrex pounces me the moment I'm free
>Fail the quest

To show off that they're finally moving past N64 graphics, and have entered gen 7 by filling the screen with shitty particle effects.

4U by the way

if you'd rather wander around randomly you can choose to not use the bugs

You could by the JP version and play it on homebrew.

What's the point of tracking at all when monsters have always spawned in the same zone and have a super limited range of zones they escape to in a set pattern?

to get rewarded for knowing the pattern ie experience

MHXX switch

I love how you all feel like superior elite gamerz by doing the most retarded shit. If you hunt the monster more than two times you know where it will be. You have to be some really poor soul to feel rewarded when you can remember those hard "patterns"

remember to call am an autist as well

When does it actually release?
Can I buy from the JP Eshop with a non japanese credit card or should I give up and order online and then wait for it to ship?

Shut the fuck up you autist

>monsters strongest attack is just moving forward
>most of the time it skips a frame so there's no way to react
>have to take lucky guesses or play it safe and waste time
Every time
Got my garuga armor and never looking back

just throw boomerangs at his face desu

That's just you justifying your bias. You're not being rewarded for anything. You get the same fight running through the same motions over and over again, you just use less inputs than before to get to that fight.

The game doesn't go, "well shit this guy knows," then throws you extra rewards. It doesn't change the drop rate of items because you know the monster spawns in 3 and it'll only ever go to 2 or 6 on the first escape, then goes to 5, and then back to 3.

Releases 25th in Nipland. You can buy a code from play asia or amazon japan or buy physical from either of the places

Not him, but you're rewarded by not needing an armor skill anymore to carry your sorry ass
Meaning you get to use something useful that will improve your hunting experience in ways that you can't just do yourself

Wait, do you mean to tell me that you use auto tracker unless you have mastered the hardcore spawning pattern of the monster?