freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_mVqv-NWW4E
stackoverflow.com/questions/4984600/when-do-i-use-a-dot-arrow-or-double-colon-to-refer-to-members-of-a-class-in-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for progress and drugs

first for horse cock

I already did both. Asked Theonian for some advice too.
I just don't understand how to add details that seem believable if I'm starting from a model. I can't get past the blockout part. Which usually isn't stellar anyway.
I'm also not that good at visualizing stuff, and Mechas have a much more looser following of anatomy, which leaves more room to work around but also don't guide you as much as it does on any kind of animal. So I haven't managed to sketch a single thing worth modelling either.

lol it's the 3rd time I'm months deep into developing a game and realizing that the scope is way too big and I'll never finish it, haha, isn't that hilarious?

I can't settle on an idea.

Restrict some shit that's taking a lot of time and keep going instead of restarting.

Tell me about your game in 140 characters or less.

Break the project down into structured phases and approach each in turn.

So started work on my trackers guide pokedex thing. Is the ye olde book to much or should I just stick with it?

its very cool like minecraft and dota
DONT STEAL MY MINECRAFT MOBA IDEA

Always remember to damage control!

Video Shame

It's a generic tactics rpg and I don't even know why I'm doing it there's literally nothing interesting about it lol is that 140 characters already? I dunno, not gonna count tho

I wish I had anything to talk about

>has never made a game
>posts in a gamedev thread everyday
IRL Shame

Dwarf drinks himself into alternative dimension; slays monsters and crafts shit to go back home and finish making a really nice mug.

youtube.com/watch?v=_mVqv-NWW4E

Fluffy pink critter ice cube murder simulator.

need ideas for a iphone/smartphone app

He seemed to win your attention.

RRREEEEEEEEE

You build a giant mech and wreck shit while going super-sanic

less jittery capture now :)

A gamified calendar app

>replying to the literally insane shitposter
Why would you do that?

Who the fuck are these people?

He replies to himself.

It's a mindbreak NTR yandere furry hentai game

don't ask like you want to know, they will bring the "lore" like they're teaching the great shitty history of shitty namefags on a polynesian golfers dating site

Ghosts :^)

some attention whoring faggots who plagued this general 2-3 years ago and some shitposters can't let go

you mean same whoring faggots that haunt these threads to this very day?

The first one at least looks real, and is inside the post cooldown timer. Then there's I don't know how there are already people here who don't know about him though, since we just got out of the last thread and he was doing his thing there.

>that name
what
the fuck

ooohhh, I'm liking the concept

I think you should stick with it. Don't forget that maybe you can add some effect to the images you use to make it seem they're actually part of the page.

yeah probably

hahahahaha

That's not reek progress. THIS is reek progress.

Yeah, the first one was real.
I've been here before, but I came back a few days ago and I've only seen him make the same few posts in a couple of threads.
How long has this been going on?

waifu simulator but actually good with cooking and slice of life.

Decided to do a progress update. I redid the gui with more symbolic and easier to implement interface.

I decided that the top buttons are to access certain menus, and that the bottom buttons would be for commands, but the bottom left row of buttons I am not sure what I should implement them with. Party stats, a character viewer and a map?

Also, I don't think that Courier New is the exact font that I want to go with; does anyone know of a more fantasy-styled monospace font?

TL;DR Tell me what you do or don't like. If you know of a cool monospace font, tell me.

Can someone explain this 1st-day Godot nodev why this:

var diplacer
func _ready():
diplacer = get_node("WalkDisplacer")
func _input(event):
if directionsPressed: displacer.moveMob(moveDirections)

doesn't compile, while this:

func _input(event):
if directionsPressed: get_node("WalkDisplacer").moveMob(moveDirections)

is completely fine? I tried to mess around a bit trying to figure out why exactly it didn't work for insight and my autism.
has_node() finds the node and the node I'm trying to assign to var is child of node with the script.

you're gonna need a thicker font for that not to cause sore eyes after a long period of time

Will there be hotkeys so that clicking the actual UI isn't necessary?

>he fell for the godot meme
Are there seriously people who think that Godot is a real engine?

assuming we have a function that accepts a const Player& class type object, what's the difference between the two ways of accessing GetName() below?:

const Player* const pPlayer = &aPlayer;
pPlayer->GetName();

OR

aPlayer.GetName();

I'm not entirely sure as I wasn't keeping track. He definitely did it all last week.

What's really strange is that he doesn't even try to disguise himself. He uses the same MO every day and even if he gets no (You)s, he just keeps going on about the ghost of mothdan. It's almost unsettling, like he exists only to shitpost.

Yeah I just downloaded to try it out. I really liked the concept, and it's quite funny too. I did run in a bug where you can't move after leaving the minigame or after opening the controls menu.
Still, great work. Looking forward to your Hachikuji game!

displacer is typoed as diplacer

Also you can put the get_node at the top of the script with
onready var displacer = get_node("WalkDisplacer")

a->b if a is pointer to object
a.b if a is object

Yes, there will be hot keys. Since everything is in three by three, I'm thinking numpad plus arrowkeys / pUp & pDown for controls.

Finally got some time to work on this, level generation now works. After thinking this over I should just do this with real 3d.

I don't know if your game is lewd

If so, make sure to make that stuff playable with one hand

Also, why are you going for a monospaced font?

That's a reference though, which you can pretty much treat as the object itself, no?

Please kill me, I spent 2 hours without noticing it
And thanks for the tip

i understand but both ways work. which one is better?

Yes, you can think references as links to the objects themselves.

>better
They both exist for a reason.

The difference is that one declares, defines, and dereferences a pointer while the other does not.
Did you mean to ask what a pointer is? This doesn't seem like a question someone would ask if they knew that.

idk

neither

As a rule of thumb, you should use references until you need pointers.

Send Unity bug reports with attached 'check out these dubs' images for case numbers

What game is that you're making

stackoverflow.com/questions/4984600/when-do-i-use-a-dot-arrow-or-double-colon-to-refer-to-members-of-a-class-in-c

>Doing routine optimization
>everything's great, steady 60 fps with nothing more than the occasional 1 or 2 frames below 50fps when tons of stuff is happening
>Unity won't stop telling me to update/patch for security
>Buckle and do it
>minimap now causes common stuttering and framerate drops despite nothing changing

I know it's mobile but holy shit

>epic dubs raid
It's like it's really 2010.

i know what both are but both ways work.
pointer was takes more lines of code while reference way is only a single line(i understand why).
what i am asking is which way does it make sense to use in such scenario?
if function was taking a point as parameter then i'd use pointer way ofc

I'm coming from Unity. So people say it's not recommended to avoid using Blueprints in UE4. Why is this? I thought Blueprints are just visual C++. Or are they more like inspector settings in Unity? I'm a little confused as to why people recommend visual scripting over regular scripting in almost all situations.

There is no benefit to declaring a pointer just to dereference it immediately.
Why would there be?

You use a pointer when you need a pointer, not when you want to access a component of an object.

because it's a well documented scripting language whereas the c++ is a nightmare

you sound like you definitely don't know enough about what you're talking about to even make the decision

If you can use both, use a reference. Pointers let you do stuff you can't do with references, but references are way safer and if you just need to access a member function, use a reference.

UE4 is made with blueprints in mind, it's kind of a hassle to use C++ since UE4 has its own special snowflake way to deal with it and little documentation about it.
disclaimer: I don't use UE4

UE4 is designed with the assumption you'll use Blueprints. They aren't visual C++ but can be compiled to C++, if you need to make optimizations.
It is generally faster than C++ once you get used to it and learn a few hotkeys, and you don't have to worry about syntax errors, typoes, or forgetting to rename every instance of a variable if it needs its name changed.

>So people say it's not recommended to avoid using Blueprints in UE4. Why is this?
They are fucking morons that have no idea what they are talking about. Ignore them lest you too become a moron.

Is jogging simulator a genre yet?

Text adventure game with a focus on gameplay like TiTS or CoC, but with less furshit.

Playable with one hand. Lewd won't be in the default game, but an unofficial official mod will bring it.

>you sound like you definitely don't know enough about what you're talking about to even make the decision
That's why I'm asking questions.
But visual scripting always leads to visual spaghetti. You almost always need to spend more time organizing the layout of your code than actually coding, at least in my experience with visual scripting. Plus syntax errors, typos, or name errors are a non issues because they are easy to spot and fix at least in my experience.
Am I missing something? I'm not trying to be difficult btw
I don't think it's that simple. I see this advice almost anywhere I go Veeky Forums or not, so I think it's a genuine question.

I haven't used C in so long I can't actually remember what pointers are good for, apart from managing memory and letting you pass primitives by reference.

an unnoficial official mod?

So that actual game won't be lewd, but there will be a mod with the lewd stuff? Will the mod alter stuff so that the original game becomes lewd or does the mod make it a completely different game/storyline/etc entirely?

Finally fixed the bugs with the combat system. You can now attack the enemy and the enemy strikes back. The spell selection works great, but casting the spells is still a little buggy, will fix it in the coming days. I still need to add some shadow below the characters. The animations are a bit simple at the moment, but I'll focus on making them more lively when all the core mechanics are done.

Should I do some simple background animations (tree branches and tall grass slowly moving), or just keep it static?

For one, it's faster.
In that you don't need to build your project just to test out a change.

Why is developing so fun yet so hard to start? I literally delay it hours and often start only an hour away from sleep since I'd feel bad if I didn't do anything productive all day.

>But visual scripting always leads to visual spaghetti.
yes. and it's still better supported than c++

this is why ue4 is garbage overall.

>Lewd won't be in the default game
what's the fucking point then

Vanilla game will be used for professional experience on resumes. The unofficial official mod will be available for download. The vanilla game will have next to all mechanics as in the lewd version, but sexual content will be left out or hidden. Storyline doesn't focus on lewdness. The mod just adds lewdness to the storyline.

the wc3 icons are squished

SQUISHED!

>But visual scripting always leads to visual spaghetti. You almost always need to spend more time organizing the layout of your code than actually coding, at least in my experience with visual scripting.
I actually enjoy doing this. I, personally, find it easier to organize my code visually. UE4 makes it pretty easy to move nodes around, anyway.

>Plus syntax errors, typos, or name errors are a non issues because they are easy to spot and fix at least in my experience.
It's just nice to not even have to think about them, especially typoed variable names. I've had a lot of confusing compiler errors caused by a typo in the variable declaration resulting in the compiler telling me that the correctly-spelled variant used elsewhere doesn't exist, or a single missed semicolon giving me 20 meaningless errors.

Plus, all the documentation assumes you're using Blueprints. In fact, I'm not sure if you can even write a GUI in C++. I think they deprecated the API.

See
The lewd mod will be out at the same time as the game.

>hands go numb when I sleep
>legs go numb when I sit
How long before blood clots take me?

fucking nice

also, smart

too long

You can also use pointer semantics for traversing arrays and pass structs by reference.
C doesn't have objects so you have to control the lifetime of everything by manual memory management and thus you need to use pointers a lot.

>killing a shortstack
I wouldn't be able to

cute

Looks good. I remember doing this with one of my first games. Barely knew any math, so the code was horrible. Took me half a year to finish the game.

I mostly make things with blueprints and then switch to C++ when it makes sense or I'm doing something which can't be done with blueprints.

Things like delays and timelines are so much more convenient, blueprints cannot crash the editor, they compile faster and generally make for quicker progress.

pls get help so you can keep deving, user
don't die yet ;_;

your parents never made you do chores and so you can only rely on immediate gratification or punishment (feeling bad about not being productive) and take no pleasure in habit or delayed gratification

UE4 is garbage. The only agdg UE4 game worth anything is Dixie, and even then it doesn't look any better than Unity. And Dixie Dev's last game was cancelled because of blueprint spaghetti. Stop the meme.