What is with the obsession with changing oil

Every 10k with full synthetic, FRAM filters say they're good for 20k, so imagine you can pull more mileage out of the money you spend. Modern full synth and engines can go 20k, a mechanic once told me

What you really want to do is fuck around on a car or learn about them, or drive them

Oil

Dump seafoam into your gas tank every 20k too

Replace 20% of your engine oil with this oil

Royal Purple is racing oil, corvette oil

Then this every 200mi just to be sure

Then this for a healthy engine

Then this for green emissions

Then Mobil 1 because engineers did a study, best oil for daily drivers they put it in fighter jets

Yeah no. Cardboard is not suppose to last that long anyway.

I drive my car like it was meant to hence i need to change oil more often.

>Turbine jets use cuckmobile oil

Change it when it's dirty.

>Modern full synth and engines can go 20k, a mechanic once told me
*on light duty cycles, AKA highway only in clean air

Its an artifact from back when all oil was conventional, filters weren't as effective and burger made cars only had 5-digit odometers since nobody expected the car to live much longer past 100000 miles tops

>Its an artifact from back when all oil was conventional, filters weren't as effective and burger made cars only had 5-digit odometers since nobody expected the car to live much longer past 100000 miles tops
Bollocks
If the manufacturer states a 10k oil change interval, there's a good reason for it.
Believe it or Not, the oems try to reduce the cost of ownership as much as possible.

25 years ago it was every 3000 miles for oil changes. I know you can take oil farther nowadays, I was answering OP's question

Car constantly warning at 6k.

I have full synthetic with FRAM.

Thanks for this post brah.

i change with this oil every 2 months because my commute is made up of 3 miles, both ways. dont tell me you have catalytic converters, do you, cuck?

>(((fram)))

>Fram

Nigger I change my own oil and it only costs like $20 to do AND I get an excuse to fingerfuck my car again, so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and change every 5k miles and with a not shit LITERAL CARDBOARD filter like fram.

Some states require catalytic converters to pass emissions tests.
>inb4 "lol inspections"
Everywhere should have inspections. I don't want some dumb bitch riding around in snow/rain with bald tires.

>fram