Pick one and why

Pick one and why.

Top. I like Toyotas better than Hondas.

Toyota has nicer headlamps also generally thought to be more reliable.

>reliability
When you're comparing it to a Honda the point is basically moot.

Honda has better steering, lower sittung position, bigger side mirrors and has vtec. Toyota has more space in engine compartment. Both of them like to rust.
I'll take non rusted 5gen coupe Civic over Corolla.

Honda
>Comfier
>Generally more powerful and better engines

Not really if its automatic then Toyota definitely. If its manual its in the air.

Toyota

Because toyota is made from 0.8mm steel vs 0.6mm in a honda

Both are excellent cars in terms of reliability and value for money.

My first car was an E100 Corolla just like the top one, it was very easy to maintain, never failed to start even in the coldest of mornings (-30 degrees celsius), in fact I would still be driving it if I wouldn't have gotten a newer Corolla for free.

It wasn't fast or exiting to drive, but it was tough as hell, I even hit a reindeer with it and the car was fine, only thing I had to do was clean the blood and hit the hood from the back few times with a hammer to straighten it out.

That model Civic does not have VTEC. It was available those years, but IIRC only on the top spec EX trim and the sporty Si. The EX and Si had body color molding and mirrors. Since this is a 96-98 model, the Si wasn't available anyways.

Civic. Preferably the coupe version. Double wishbone suspension, more rev happy engine. Both are god tier shit boxes.

It's like asking if I'd like to step more on cow shit or horse shit.

honda ignition systems detonate themselves

dont pick the e100

wtf did you do

civic cause aftermarket. im a ricer

323 > Corolla > Civic

>e100s have no aftermarket
fuck outta here

>don't pick the car cause I'm a tremendous faggot and managed to do the one thing that kills the Toyota :crash it so hard it rolls.

k bud

>rolls an automatic corolla with 85hp MAX
how in the name of FUCK

Implying that you wouldn't die in the Civic too if you crash it like that.

wasnt me it was a mate who only had his red p's for like 2 weeks then got high/drunk on tonnes of shit and lost control slammed into a tree 100km/h+

Dumb cunt almost killed me first week by almost slamming into a enbankment
>driving a unsafe bucket of shit slow as fuck shitbox
kill yourself
drugs + new driver
>driving smoll shitboxes

>drugs, alcohol and lack of skills
>blames car for almost killing mate

No hes literally dead.

the car is a unsafe shitbox tho

Lol, not every country got retarded stripped versions of japanese cars. I had a 98 civic VI sedan with a 1.4 vtec which was a base petrol engine for this model in europe

Why do americans prefer compact sedans to hatchbacks?

I dont think ive ever seen a sedan corolla where i live but they seem quite popular in america.

I've now owned and extensively driven both of these cars. The Corolla had the 1.8 and the Civic had the 1.6.
The Corolla had a much nicer interior and was more spacious in both the front and rear seats. It had more trunk space and engine bay room. It also handled MUCH better as the Civic feels like it's floating on a cloud and has zero road feel. I also think the Corolla looks 10x better. Power is low on both, the Corolla was maybe slightly faster? But that doesn't really matter with these cars. The Civic does get slightly better fuel economy.
My family bought the Civic after our Corolla finally died and everyone in my family thinks the car is a downgrade from the Corolla. My mother even asked me if I thought the suspension was worse and if we could change it so it would handle more like the Corolla.

E100 if it has the 1.8. The 1.6 is kinda weak but I’d probably pick that still if it was a manual.