When will it get the skyactiv x engine?

When will it get the skyactiv x engine?

Funny I was just asking the same question. I want an ND but don't want to be a guinea pig with the Skyactiv x so I want to know how much time I have to buy one before the change.
Looks like 2019 models will NOT get Skyactiv x, contrary to previous rumors. But they will get a facelift and some other tweaks.

Would you want it to have one?
It looks the 2.0L SPCCI/HCCI engine is produce about 190hp and 180ft.lbs give or take a couple. Thats a huge improvement if you're leaving it stock, but you can make more power than that out of a current engine with a turbo and a tune.
The new Skyactiv X engines are supercharged, they're already plowing air into the cylinder like a motherfucker. Its probably going to be a long time before anyone figures out how to successfully tune one to make more power.

I guess if you were going to leave it stock and just wanted the better fuel economy it'd be great, not ideal for track though. Maybe it'll change in a year or so.

Is it wrong I want Mazda to make 3-door subcompact hatchback on the ND chassis with RWD and a Skyactiv-X engine?

They make hyundais for that you know

What happened to the rumored new rotary engine?

A 3 door shooting brake Kai with RWD and the 2.5T engine would be interesting.

Still being developed, haven't make a real public statement about it other than it exists.

Koreans have no idea how to make a sporty car. They think it's all about stuff you can put on a spec sheet, but that's only half of it. All those little intangibles, the steering feel, the seating position, the interaction of clutch and shifter, is what Mazda gets so perfectly right.

It wont be 3 door and it probably wont be FR (AWD option at best).

I'm hopeful because this looks so close to their current production cars. Goddamn Mazda makes some gorgeous shitboxes.
In the 1990s you'd never dream of having something like this unless you were rich enough to buy an exotic sport touring car worth six figures.

Mazda clown shoe would be the greatest car off all time

Look at the stance on this, thicc as fuck.

Just make it burn more fuel lol

Mazda appreciate thread

This interior looks so comfy

If Mazda manage to make the touch screen not stick out on top of the dash, it will be glorious

I choose to wait for the Skyactiv x version, not only it will have more hp and torques compare to the current 2.0l, it's also good for high rev
Also Mazda is working on making carbon fiber more affordable
Imagine, a Miata weights less than 2200lbs, high rev engine makes 190hp,180ft.lbs of torque and short gearing transmission

Mazda the most qt and fun econoboxes

Mazda is /ourbrand/

New Mazda 6 interior looks pretty comfy

When will it get the hydrogen biodiesel hybrid dorito engine?

I have one, it is.

>I choose to wait for the Skyactiv x version, not only it will have more hp and torques compare to the current 2.0l, it's also good for high rev
>Also Mazda is working on making carbon fiber more affordable
>Imagine, a Miata weights less than 2200lbs, high rev engine makes 190hp,180ft.lbs of torque and short gearing transmission

Sounds wonderful.