Is there any reason to own a sedan over a wagon (assuming the cars are identical in other ways), aside from looks...

Is there any reason to own a sedan over a wagon (assuming the cars are identical in other ways), aside from looks? I can't think of a reason why someone would choose a sedan over a wagon, when there seem to only be disadvantages.

Sedan has less weight and better aerodynamics which means better mpgs (usually only 1 or 2), better visibility, and the cabin can be heated or cooled more quickly because there's less volume.

>better visibility
I disagree. A properly designed wagon ends in roughly the same place as the rear windshield

There is literally no valid reason to ever get a sedan over a wagon or hatchback aside from superficial reasons like appearances

They're also quieter because the trunk is a separate compartment.

>There is literally no valid reason to ever get a sedan over a wagon aside from all the valid reasons listed above

Yeah, aircon is fucking shit in wagons.

> A properly designed wagon ends in roughly the same place as the rear windshield
Physically impossible. Wagons are fundamentally longer. The window is smaller, farther away, and the extra cargo space creates a larger blind spot, with the cargo potentially invalidating the rear view mirror completely.

depends. For example pic related looks way better than the sedan version.
that e39 looks alright but the sedan looks classier and has better proportions. Then again if i had 3 kids i would go for the touring,

never understood why people like wagons

For extra space? Pretty fucking obvious

Sedan bodies are a little lighter and more rigid, but usually to an extent that only matters if you're building a race car.
Pic related won last year's BTCC nonetheless

Used sedans tend to be cheaper than used wagons, the better the condition of the cars, the bigger the price difference. In europe, at least.

the weight difference from wagon to sedan is usually pretty minor, like 100 to 200 pounds, but correct it's not nothing

wouldn't a wagon have better aero due to to rear shape?

visibility in a wagon is often better because of the big rear glass instead of the slanted glass on a deck

yeah, cabin volume is an issue, i've actually been considering making some kind of clear plastic divider between the front seats and the rear area for that reason

>wouldn't a wagon have better aero due to to rear shape?
no
>visibility in a wagon is often better because of the big rear glass instead of the slanted glass on a deck
no

The window on sedans is more sloped and in my opinion offers worse visibility. The trunk following the window doesn't help. On a wagon what's behind the window is behind the car.

Visibility ultimately comes down to a specific vehicle. Some wagons have good visibility, some have bad visibility.

I wish I could tell you why I like them so much. I have some autistic pull towards boxy cars with hatches.

I want one of these

If you're into sports they can fit a bike or a pair of ski's in the back without battling the rear shelf or using a roof box.

THIS IS A BLUE BOARD

Nothing wrong with roof boxes. A roof box is better than nothing, and a wagon is better than a roof box, but a wagon with a roof box beats all.

Or if you are skilled enough to eek out the marginal performance advantage of a sedan in the severly limited situations where it would even make a difference... i.e. On a track, and we all know Veeky Forums only visits the track by looking up laptimes on online databases.

roof boxes are great but man, you really need to prep for wind noise
thule makes those aeroblades, get those
get a wind fairing, the plastic shield thing that goes at the front to deflect wind, and get a nice bullet shaped roof box for aero