Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtK2lR6UbqY
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ165225.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Rance is as competent a motorcycle driver as Kanami is at being a ninja.

He should at least wear a helmet or something.

what is this creature?

Mandatory Rance Kaiba post.

That card must not get much use in universe if only card shop owners owned them.

The child of Blastoise

It's complicated. The manga says that the guys who make the cards realised that it was too good and therefore they didn't print many of them. It's also a card which people have died over, so it's sensible to assume that there's more than four copies in the worlds and that the other people who own them just won't admit to it.

the card is almost immediately sidelined in universe and actual TCG by either more powerful variants of the same card or just straight better cards so you're not completely off base. Card's biggest purpose is basically to show Kaiba's a prick and to give him a mascot card.

>the card is almost immediately sidelined in universe
How? Keeping strictly to the manga, we don't see anything more powerful until Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon comes along, and after that there's only the God cards, which Kaiba still lets Blue-Eyes shine over youtu.be/xOJr1dTPSis

A kalar. She's 0 years old, eats live Haniwa and her main weapon of choice is a longbow.

Does he not lose to Exodus in the manga?

Exodia? Yeah he does, but it's thrown off a boat shortly after the next two duels that we see.

Yeah that. It's been a decade for me, so I'm really to par. But anyway if he still immediately loses to Exodia then that's still being sidelined and its only due to the virtue of a plot device that Kaiba's card stays a threat to mc. IIRC Kaiba doesn't even fight for awhile after losing to Yugi either, until the end of the duel island chapter which is about when horseshit like blues eyes toon dragon or whatever that fusion thing max uses is called shows up.

I've only ever watched the abridged series.

What are some Alicesoft games with simple Japanese that a beginner can use to practice after 4-5 months? I hear that Sengoku has old Japanese, so that's not going to work.

Do you want rance games specifically?

>But anyway if he still immediately loses to Exodia then that's still being sidelined
I agree, I guess.

>and its only due to the virtue of a plot device that Kaiba's card stays a threat to mc
I'm not sure what you mean. Blue-Eyes is a threat with or without Exodia and Blue-Eyes Ultimate is an even bigger threat.

>IIRC Kaiba doesn't even fight for awhile after losing to Yugi either, until the end of the duel island chapter which is about when horseshit like blues eyes toon dragon or whatever that fusion thing max uses is called shows up.
True, but I don't see the relevance. Blue-Eyes is not made any weaker by Pegasus getting hype, in fact - Pegasus printed cards specifically to counter Blue-Eyes, which ought to hype up both Pegasus and Blue-Eyes.

Once I know enough Japanese, I won't have to limit myself to what's popular, so I'm fine with obscure non-Rance titles.

Rance is easy to read so pick whenever game interests you the most. 01 and 03 are particularly easier than average if you want the easiest games to read only. At 4-5 months you're still going to have to go slow though because you're a beginner, but as long as you study well you should read em.

The only other Japanese AS games I've played are Drapeko and Evenicle. Both we're are very easy for me. Drapeko is probably more reading though.

Not quite immediately. In the early arcs where the game was a race of brute force, Blue Eyes was a difficult thing to deal with due to sheer high ATK. Past that, when there were actual rules added, there was ways to get around it, but Blue Eyes having an ATK stat not commonly contested, and the ability to fuse with two others, it was still a beatstick that you'd want to prevent from coming out.

The original manga, and the anime up through Duelist Kingdom are all pretty great. You should give them a shot. The early manga specifically, I have a fondness for.

It's a shame Kamilla doesn't have blue eyes, or we could complete the Rance-Kaiba joke.

You are now aware that Yugi's grandpa's Exodia deck was actually a good Exodia deck. Why? Because you could sit on the nearly invincible Blue-Eyes until you drew into Exodia.

No. I just never bother to recruit her and I always get it eventually. It's not hard because you don't really need to do anything besides capturing her.

He has a secret motorcycle Lv2 though.

Exodia is a literal "I win" button the author had to write out as otherwise every duel involving yugi would boil down to him either drawing exodia or not. Blue eyes does not even close to that level of power nor his variants except maybe the recent ones, so it has no need to be written out. Regardless of whether or not the card is good is irrelevant. It didn't need to be physically removed from the story so other cards could even stay relevant. As far as I am concerned Exodia immediately overshadowed any other to come out of early cards until the gods rolled around.

Also iirc the toon cards weren't specifically aimed at beating only blue eyes. They beat every monster not toon related. It was just to show Max is a cheat.

>The manga says that the guys who make the cards realised that it was too good
I never understood this shit. I mean sure 3000 atk is pretty good but that's all it has. There's a ton of cards that have as much and more and it has no special effects. Blue Eyes is honestly pretty shit.

I think you overestimate Exodia's power. As far as I can tell the main reason that it was wrote out was to hype up Haga (Wevil) and Pegasus, and to make Yugi's duels less boring.

As for Blue-Eyes, I was referring to Dragon Capture Jar and Dragon Piper.

Most cards in the manga can't out Blue-Eyes, particularly if you're playing with pre-Battle City rules and have 2k LP.

Unknown level.

Most Rance games are fairly simple.

>pre-Battle City rules
Blue-Eyes was considered amazing for the whole series. I can see him being really strong in the first arc, but after that he was just above average.

Back when blue eyes was introduced, you didn't need sacrifices, and there weren't a lot of magic/trap cards. If it was summoned, it was game over.

at least use the original version

desu the abridged series was really good. I like abridged series in general especially with animes because they have the same plot and animation but often end up leaving out a lot of awkard teenager moments (animes really overdo that). It's a bit more western without being western.

I guess I just don't like television in the west these days. Call me a grandpa or whatever, but i like a lot of movies from the forties. I watched and genuinely liked The Maltese Falcon.

Also on the topic of western material, I always thought Gubrush Threepwood had a lot in common with Rance. I'd be wiling to bet that in some interview there are staff from alicesoft talking about those old Sierra adventure games. Mobile emulators really brought them back.

I never really got into manga, I grew up reading lots of books so I've always felt embarassed picking one up. I didn't read any comics until I was in college.

So, basically, I'm a big fan of abridged animes for that reason and wish people would make more of them. It goes without saying that even though I've played the games I like the digests.

What, is that guy just sfw card game Rance?

Unlike Rance, he's the bad guy in the series.

You hardly ever see him. Instead get to follow the life of some underdog with some sort of weird bipolar disorder and a WE WUZ tier backstory. Yes i'm mad

>Unlike Rance, he's the bad guy in the series.
>Rance
>not the worst guy on the continent

>there are people who don't know who Kaiba is.

As terrible as Rance can be, hes actually not the worst. Characters like Chenezale exist.

He can be pretty cruel sometimes but come on. There's plenty of guys in the series that are worse than him.

in the west, they would only know about it from the children's cartoon.

i'm not even sure if it's still on the air, wouldn't only 90s kids know about it?

spotted the 90s kid

Yu-Gi-Oh is still on the air, but not the one with Kaiba. It's now Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.

t. shizuka

The anime was bloated and stretched as fuck. Like, an entire episode would be one guys turn. Even as a kid I didn't have enough patience for it.

is that the YGO on motorcycles one that i've seen memed about?

No, that was 5Ds, back in 2008. This is card games in VR.

I'm pretty sure the recent yugioh movie got a theater release in America. I think the tv show currently airing is one of the spin offs, but very vague anime fan has probably at least heard of Kaiba in America. I dunno how it goes in EU territories.

5Ds is a decade old now. VRAINS is card games on surfboards.

What comes next?

abridges series has some catching up to do

The way thing's have been going? Card games on Konami's grave.

Poll votes have stopped coming in and they're pretty clear results anyway.

DARKNESSHERO Rance
>Daiakuji Translation
>Playing Nukige

We've always been mostly 90s kids.

Now that you can add more pages, does this mean more than about 30 characters can fit per box? I know some messages can be long to put in, but I can reword them to fit inside the textbox hopefully.

Seto Kaiba in DHR when?
Yugi Muto in DHR when?

>born in 97

Am I actually surrounded by smelly old men here?

>VRAINS is card games on surfboards
wat.

I got the perfect picture for Seto Kaiba DHR.

I was born in 98, and I'm pretty sure there are a whole bunch of anons here who are at least around my age.

97 here as well.

Don't worry, it's shit so far.

1990 here. Decide for yourself if that's old.

I can only assume that people who like Rance are all basically heroes in real life. Otherwise I imagine it would be super depressing unless you self-insert as the girl.

Toufu is on record saying he's a chad.

Meanwhile this is Ludo and here are the non-alicesoft mangagamer fans.

SERC truly is the last stand of implicit chadness in eroge.

>TOSH got demoted.

I'm '89 so I'm probably a grandpa by eroge standards. I like to think i shower enough I don't smell though.

terrible.

>tfw I can't even self-insert as Rance
Sorry mate, I'll never be a real man.

The fuck did you do to that image?

Wow, Reimu really let herself go.

>/haniho/ - Yu-Gi-Oh! General

At least we're not talking about darker than black again.

Ellis really loves dogs, doesn't she?

LANSU ATTACKU!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=UtK2lR6UbqY

So do most Beat heroines.

That first scene of the 90s anime so brutally captures Rance's character in retro
Even modern too, from time to time.
Truly an anti-hero.

He's not bird.

What the fuck is this

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ165225.html

A ripoff.

What I thought MangaGamer might release instead of Sengoku Rance before their announcement was made.

I'm kind of down for the fake hanny

I don't normally find bestiality hot, but that's damn fappable.

That scene from the 90s was a lot more brutal than I expected.

Valkyrie is pretty fappable.

down enough to download it and stream? i would watch

>1988
Now listen up you young punks, study hard and eat your vegetables

I have greys coming out my hair boy.

I'm only from 93

Holy fuck that 3G and Omachi, they're not even trying to hide it.

You mean motonari?

MangaGamer isn't Capcom.

94... Wait, I'm actually one of the older ones here?!

Doubt it.

Secret Edgy Rape Census when?

too edgy

it hurts so much to see all these people born after year 2000. It makes me feel like shit.

It got a chance of being good r-right?

>tfw we won't see a sengoku rance 2 ever

So, in all seriousness, has anyone played the sengoku knockoff?

>Daibanchou
>Just about to conquer PGG
>Nightmare eye suddenly attacks me
>Was supposed to conquer independents to do something about my units ALMOST AT HALF LOYALTY
>GET BOMBARDED WITH ENEMY OFFENSE EVENTS.

Still managing to hold out but what the fuck do i do with my unit's loyalty

Its shit.

hawaii vacation, bottom left province

you get to use it 2-3 times iirc and each time it is more expensive.

bottom right*

restores all loyalty to full.

That's not quite how it works. You can use it anytime someone's loyalty is in the red, and it gets 500BP more expensive every 20 turns

>Why is hanny so gay?
This was from the Quest stream right?

Finish off the PGG, no use fighting a two front war.

you can always get those provinces back... don't let your men die in vain.