No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

that's a neat looking bike

1st for suzuki a best

why do people buy aftermarket exhausts
explain this meme to a newbike

I like my exhaust, looks and sound

Some bikes come with shit looking or sounding exhausts from the factory, especially newer bikes where they need huge exhausts to meet emissions regs which also kill the sound.

Most people buy aftermarket exhaust because they believe it will increase their horsepower. That best most modern likes will gain 1 to 2 horsepower with an aftermarket exhaust and tune. However I will say that with an aftermarket tune and slip on the on and off the gas throttle response is less harsh which is important 4 getting back on the gas mid corner. The real biggest advantage that aftermarket exhaust have is weight savings. If you just throw on a slip on and do not get the proper tune you run the risk of potentially shortening the lifespan of your motorcycles do to making it run lean which will burn valves.

You first

>That best most modern likes will gain 1 to 2 horsepower with an aftermarket exhaust and tune

Try 10 horsepower on Euro 4 bikes.

incase it was hard to tell :^)

Still waiting

ill give you a hint too

Some exhausts have the cat near the seat and such are scorching hot. Case in point, my dorsoduro 750, it has the cat right under the seat and in such a way that your calves will always be warm and toasty. A different exhaust improves the sound, adds a little h, removes the heat and sheds (for my bike) quite some weight. The oem exhaust takes a shit ton of space and weighs 12.5 kg, just the muffler piece. That and the decat saves ~10 kg high up on the bike. For the money only a lithium battery beats that

Google tells me your wrong. So im done waiting.
Also what does power have to do with it?
Also it dynos nearly as low as the honda
Also its the least reliable of the bunch
Also its built by the poorest company
Also its poorly built
Also stop talking to me suzuki scum

i do not own a gsxr made before 2017 friendo, you may want to update your googling

My 2009 FZ1 dynos higher than that

>dyno charts using a 2016 suzuki
looks like you're getting pretty desperate friendo

Illiteracy is a thing amongst suzuki tards

i made it easier for you since google is tough sometimes friend, you have to put the year next to the bike :)

So youre telling me that it has a nearly 25% drivetrain loss
>niggaplz

it also dynos 207 at the crank :)

I'll show you drivetrain loss!

>want another bike
>don't know what one to get

its the episode where /dbt/ pretends to be able to ride even 125cc to its full potential not to even mention 1000cc

No. Its another episode of suzuki fags having a false sense of superiority

>yamashits actually think this

>want a motorcycle because I'm tired of looking at craigslist shitboxes
>don't have a job
>don't have a truck or trailer
>never ridding a motorcycle
>no car but can borrow one
>know no one to help me transport a motorcycle
what do

Rent a box van. $20 plus gas.

all jap bikes are the same shit

inb4 harley fags run in for dmg control and NO its not personality if your bike is underpowered, loud, smelly and leaks oil

hey now
my harley only leaks oil at the beginning of riding season

Jap bikes aren't all the same at all.

>Jap bikes aren't all the same at all.
This
Yamaha > honda > kawi >>>>>>>> suzuki

>yamaha best
>flagship bike and the limited edition counterpart destroying crankshafts like its nothing
Lol no

Is the 2005-2006 ZX6R the best bang for the buck 600 supersport out there? It has the most mid range and top end power in the class (yeah, the extra displacement could be considered ''cheating'', but there are no rules for road riding), a slipper clutch, lap timer, but it's also pretty comfortable for a supersport and pretty cheap on the used market. The other Japanese 600s in the same price range don't seem to offer as many awesome things at once as this bike does. Are there any alternatives?

>Are there any alternatives?

f3 and daytona 675

For 3 grand?

honestly if you are not going to race, and you wont be with the 636, you'd be better off with the gsxr 750, it's a much better bike. I had an 05 636 and found it quite uncomfortable, I was always sliding around on the seat, very bent over, and difficult to reach the ground, with my short legs. I now have a gsxr 1000 which is very comfortable by comparison like most gsxr's are.

doesn't really matter

you could swap a 50cc engine into a sportbike and nobody would be riding it to its full potential until you put a motoGP winner on it

but you know, better to have more than you need than to suffer through owning a cheap jap shitbike that probably has an ultra shaky parallel twin that sounds like a fart

there was some kawasaki that either had snapping forks or randomly cracking frames

Post yer dashes, fellas

>gsxr
>better
Ha
To be fair the zx6 breaks frames too

mine has the frame reinforcement done

I was worried about the trans not working or whatever and I miss it due to not riding, but considering anything I'd be buying probably won't run, doubt it'll be much of an issue

I have an 07.
Love it never misses a beat,
Must be a midget, im only 5'10 and it fits me fine
Almost 50k kms, odo is like 49979 atm

always wonder
was it actually the designers intention to make it look like the Witch-King of Angmar or is that just a coincidence?

CBR600RR.

sauce on this bike? or atleast what it started as

the most annoying thing about it to me was that the seat didn't hold me in place, so I was always adjusting my position on the bike

Looks like a 1977 Kawasaki Z1000

ok /dbt/, newbie here and i'm looking into buying my first bike. (zero experience before)
I like naked bikes and my budget is about 3.5k , i'm between yamaha fz6n s2 and honda hornet 2007+ models.
I'll be commuting mostly with a few occasional short trips.
Is a 4 cylinder bike too much for commuting? I don't wanna buy a smaller bike first and then sell it later. Another option i'm considering is kawasaki er6n but i think ill regret it down the road for being inferior to 4 cylinder bikes and more limited.

i hated this on screen but i saw one irl and it looks really nice
it's still overpriced bullshit, right?

yes

if there is a such thing as too much for you, it's the difference between riding straight into oncoming traffic whisky throttling a 125 into traffic and flipping a 600 before you even leave your house, which isn't much injury-wise, and you should take the MSF until you get it.

if you can actually go over a pothole without doing a wheelie then either of those bikes are a fine, and anyone who tells you they're too much is a numale

just get the hornet, they're tough as nails and run forever

>my budget is about 3.5k
I'm going to give you some good advice right here; don't set your heart on a specific bike at that price range, that is too cheap to be picky, you might end up spending more for a nice bike that you have your heart set on (trust me I've been too picky before) but if budget is important keep an open mind and buy whatever you can actually get your hands on that is in good condition and is priced well.

what's the purpose of the metal cage on the front?

high mount radiator to make room for more suspension travel, if you follow the red radiator hose you can tell there is a rad up there, and the cage is to protect it if the bike is dropped

oh shit that makes sense, thanks
i didn't look very carefully and just thought the red was part of the frame

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll try to buy whatever i find cheap that seems decent and runs great. It's just you know when you are thinking of yourself riding your first bike you always image riding the bike of your first/second choice not some random bike just to get you started.

>get on highway
>miss second gear and hit neutral and rev it a lot on accident
>speedo drops to 0 but keep going
>few minutes later oil pressure light turns on
>shut off bike and pull over
>check oil level. It's normal
>start up bike again. No oil light
>get back on highway
>couple minutes later get oil light again
>pull over again and have someone pick me up because I don't want to risk ruining my engine if it isn't getting oil pressure

I assume it's just a loose wire or something making the dash act funny but i'm worried

>image riding the bike of your first/second choice not some random bike just to get you started.
yeah I know, that's how my budget for my current bike went from 4000 to 6000 lol

Suzuki a shit.

still better shit than a Honda

I love how much that show shitted on Suzukis and Ducatis.

Sucked my head till explosion last night

no

shitting on Italians is the Japanese way, but I honestly think the point about suzukis was more that they were a fairly blunt and bland brand than the other big 3

>miss second gear

nah m8, you broke something.

Is that a mexican clown?

Looks more like a dude

paint face

What beak to buy for practicing offroading?
Under 400ccm please.
I have an old africa twin but I don't want to smash that to pieces.

wr 125

honda > anyone

Why doesn't Toyota make motorcycles?

For a pure dirtbike, YZ125.

hes cute

I didn't even over rev it

I dunno, I bet they'd probably be decent at it.

Thats what I'm saying; a manufacturing giant and a manufacturer of really reliable engines. Seems India, Malaysia and a piano company have cornered the market.

I unironically mix in used oil/atf to burn in my commuter bike.

what?

Sorry, you probably missed the plurality of the question; I said "motorcycles". Not "why aren't toyota engineers bored more often to make 1-off projects with no intent to sell to the public?"

Toyota owns 1/3 of Yamaha, so they don't really need to make them under their own name.

Because it would be a gutless turd like those honda nc700/750 bikes. Heavens forbid they might try atkinson cycle in a bike. They already needed yamaha for the 1LR god-engine and get their diesels from bmw

looked like the captcha field on your display in the thumbnail

Where were motorbikes and cars so much cheaper 30 years ago?
Fuck buying new bikes for over $10k

I'm wanting to get a dirtbike to plate and ride to trails, not a full dual sport just short street rides, some hooning around, and maybe put meme wheels on it. What would be better, a WR450F (preferably 07+ aluminum frame) or an XR650R? Figuring to spend around $3k.

post webms

make sure your local laws allow off road to on road conversions, then look up the cost of parts you will need, and the cost to convert the title/ inspect it for road use. It might be cheaper to get a bike that is already road legal in the long run.

Yea thats not a problem, it's not hard in my state and I know someone at the DMV who can do it pretty easily for me, plus about 90% of these two bikes near me are already street legal. I was just comparing the two bikes.