How do I come to terms with the fact I'm a bad driver?

How do I come to terms with the fact I'm a bad driver?
>crashed my car twice and I'm only 23 with multiple close calls
>paying over 300/month in insurance
>car control techniques I've learned in racing simulators hasn't saved me in the real world once
>get extremely nervous every time I change lanes in traffic
>keep having nightmares of crashing my car

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT_Academy
theguardian.com/sport/2012/apr/29/jann-ardenborough-racing-car-games
thesun.co.uk/motors/4971603/the-worlds-fastest-gamer-wins-f1-job-driving-the-mclaren-race-simulator-used-by-fernando-alonso/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Ordóñez
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jann_Mardenborough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you drive, and how long have you had your license?

Stay the fuck off the roads before you kill somebody.

>car control techniques I've learned in racing simulators hasn't saved me in the real world once

Video gamers need to be sterilized.

Get bent. Most of us aren't so delusional as to believe that anything you do in a game has a direct correlation to real-world skills.

I play dirt rally with a wheel and pedals, it handles realistically

A few years back i remember seeing a video about a guy who played an f1 simulator everyday and he got the opportunity to drive a real f1 car on his best track in the game. He got very close to setting a new all time lap record.

Actually, even with Gran Turismo, there have been guys who got behind the wheel of a real car and put down some decent times based on their in-game experience. It's mostly attributed to knowing the braking points.

Nope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT_Academy

>refers to a wiki
Didn't happen

Oh ffs...it's on the interwebs, it's gotta be true...

Take a driving course.

Your the Fucking reason why my insurance is so high

FUCK You

It's must be true, since a tripfag posted a link to wikipedia.

Certain racing teams and car manufacturers do in fact hire people who do well in sim racing games.

theguardian.com/sport/2012/apr/29/jann-ardenborough-racing-car-games
thesun.co.uk/motors/4971603/the-worlds-fastest-gamer-wins-f1-job-driving-the-mclaren-race-simulator-used-by-fernando-alonso/

That's great, and has zero correlation to driving in traffic. If OP was top notch at traffic jam simulator 2077, then I'd agree.

>VR driver training academies to keep retards off our roads when

Fuck a fleshlight till your a "pro". You'll still fail the first time you go to perform in the real world. The fanciest multi million simulators are for learning tracks only they do fuck all for driving ability. Fucking Gamers....

No one was arguing if they'd help with driving in traffic. Skills in racing sims surprisingly does correlate with skills in real racing though. Simple as that.

No they fucking don't. The world's best drivers started out on go karts not fucking xbox's.

>>paying over 300/month in insurance

Fucking how? My first year wasn't even that bad.

Fuck, your monthly is more than my yearly.

Buy a van and a dash cam. If you hit anything, fuck it, its a van. Its just more character.

>moving the goal post.
If they don't correlate, how did those guys manage to become proffessionals without having ever driven a real race car? Who gives a fuck about being the best in the world.

They're not professionals. It's like winning a contest where you get to go toss the pigskin with a few NFL players for an hour. Let's just say you won't find any gamers winning any race series or even your local autox.

>Lucas Ordóñez Martín-Esperanza (born May 1, 1985) is a Spanish racecar driver, who entered professional racing by winning a spot in a PlayStation 3 Gran Turismo competition.
>In 2011 he and his team came in 2nd in their class in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Anybody can be a race car driver if they got the money or suck the right dick. See Ken Block.

Of course they don't go straight to the F1. They're either test drivers or maybe drive in the lower classes where they may or may not advance.

>Lucas Ordóñez Martín-Esperanza (born May 1, 1985) is a Spanish racecar driver, who entered professional racing by winning a spot in a PlayStation 3 Gran Turismo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Ordóñez
>In 2011 he became the third (and youngest) winner of the GT Academy competition sponsored, beating 90,000 entrants.[1] He was rewarded with a drive for Nissan at the Dubai 24 Hour race. Subsequently, he has had a successful motorsport career in a variety of categories.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jann_Mardenborough

wrong game lol, racing sims could make you a good track driver, not street driver
try playing through gta4 on max traffic without scratching, maybe that will teach you something

Playing with a controller and playing with a wheel with realistic force feedback and pedals are two different things

>Video gamers need to be sterilized
smells boomer in here

Im a decent driver, have very good instincts. Only weakness is when i lose focus get distracted(hot girl waking down street, cell phone alerts)

My friend is terrible though several accidents, bad timing, insticts. Have caught him several times almost crashing

>i lose focus get distracted
You're a self proclaimed bad driver.

If you can't pay attention to the road, you're not a decent driver.

Your phone needs to stay in your glovebox until you get to your destination and your dick needs to stay in your pants as well.

Your job is driving, not being on the phone or looking at women.

It doesn't matter what source you come up with, you're lying like there's no tomorrow

That's almost imposible

"Instincts", you are an idiot and needs to be beaten til you can do the simple fucking thing of just paying attention to the road

Maybe stick to the basics until you're actually competent?

If you can't drive the speed limit and check your mirrors / blind spots before changing lanes then go back to driver's ed.

You shouldn't need 'car control techniques' for daily driving.

>drive the speed limit or the speed of the traffic around you
>leave a car length of distance between you and the person in front of you for every 15mph of speed
>look around before you change lanes
>don't look at your fucking cell phone

he didn't almost "set a new lap record" but he put down a pretty respectable time. Not being able to handle the G forces held him back a bit. He knew the track perfectly which helped a lot.

Writing this work of fiction as you go along, or what?

you forgot your maga hat

>decent driver
>easily distracted

people that drive in other kinds of car racing have really a hard time in even getting the damn thing rolling so to believe that a guy was able to even get it around the track is make believe also it is literally impossible that anybody would let a regular guy drive a 100mil f1 car with no experience is utterly retarded seriously listen to yourself.