Hi Veeky Forums i am an inexperinced 22 old boy who dosent know much about cars...

hi Veeky Forums i am an inexperinced 22 old boy who dosent know much about cars, my grandpa lleft me a 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria that he put on a garage to never be driven again, should i trow this shit to the scrapyard? or should i invest my time and money on this car?

pics of the actual vehicle would be helpful

Probably get $400 from a junk yard

Sell it for $3k on Craigslist but specify that it ran when parked

sell it to someone who would take care of it or continue to keep it in storage. never scrap

He doesn't know what he's got though

He does now.

Why would someone post actual photos on an image board?

This.

OP you nigger those are nice cars, I bet it's in good shape too.

Sorry went to the garage to take pictures
Here's the engine the air intake just crumble

Interior of this car red wine

Old lebaron next

Put it on CL, if no biters scrap it.

Not bad

>not helping grandparents maintain their vehicle and other things as they age.

KYS

enjoy rotting in a retirement home when you're old and feeble and your rat bastard kids don't care about you anymore.

Who gives a shit? Old people don't deserve any special treatment. It's their own fault they're in the situation.

my oldman had alzheimer's when i was growing up
and died about 5 years ago

where i cand find the old runes? not even ebay sell this shit

>22 old
>boy

May as well just scrap. Since the distributor has a vacuum advance that'll mean it's also carbureted and that in turn means it's like 79-82. I swear that voltage regulator in the fender looks mechanical.

Other signs indicate the car wasn't particularly well cared for prior to being parked under a volcano eruption and no desirable options in sight so there's no real collector interest potential either. Cleaned up and running it probably wouldn't clear $1500 which isn't really worth the effort.

That Crown Vic is probably ready for the junkyard, those are the kind of cars that only 1 in a few million people would want to fully restore, and only a handful in a million would want a daily that appears to be that neglected. $200 on craiglist, I'll bet pick'npull wouldn't give you more than $99 for it.

The Chrysler, however, is kinda cool, and you could probably spend a lot of time and money to fix it up and daily it until it completely shits the bed.

Or just clean it up, get it barely running, and sell it to a black guy or some mexican tweakers for $1,800.

>the car wasn't particularly well cared for prior to being parked under a volcano eruption

I was ready to say an 88 CV was cool, and go for it, but I didn't realize it was parked next to a gypsum mine for 20 years with the windows open and the dash and steering wheel was torn apart by rabid badgers.

That's worth about a penny a pound now.

That's parts/scrap now.

for starters op
you're going to need
1. pressure washer
2. air compressor and air wand
3. air filtration mask of some sort

Sell it on Craigslist as a "Project Car" for scrap value or perhaps a bit more. This is literally the best thing you can do for all involved, especially the car.

>Since the distributor has a vacuum advance that'll mean it's also carbureted and that in turn means it's like 79-82. I swear that voltage regulator in the fender looks mechanical.

If it's carbed it could be a Variable Venturi.

>it's like 79-82

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

>should i trow this shit to the scrapyard

If you do this, then half of Veeky Forums will line up to personally break your legs.

>then half of Veeky Forums will line up to personally break your legs.

they are too busy badge whoring these days to care about a land yacht.

An 86 with a carb? Wouldn't that a be a 351? Probably worth noting.

meant 88

God I love those old Crown Vics. One of my first hot wheels growing up was an old Crown Vic in that body style. That'd be a beauty all cleaned up but short of just a small amount of people (myself included) would pay anything close to what would make it worth your while. Scrapping it won't net much money, try CL and Ebay.

At least see if it runs. Running cars should never be sent to the scrapyard. It would make a nice derby car.

Its worth nothing but its free so...if its perfectly good and you throw it in the scrapyard Veeky Forums will organize a lynch mob

So you expect old people to off themselves?

Funny enough, I only live like 20-30 miles from a huge gypsum mine.

It occurs to me that Ford did keep the 351/Variable Venturi engine available in police versions through 88 or so. It wasn't a popular option though so even in the cop cars it's uncommon and few have survived. If, and that's a big if, it is an ex cop car with the 351 that could give the car the tiniest bit of cool but probably not enough to make it worthwhile. Of course those seats say it's anything but a police version. They didn't do P71 in those days either so it's not as easy to verify.

Pretty sure you could order a 351 in a civilian car.

In like 79, maybe 80, but certainly not 88.

>Mechanically, the P72 was the only version available with the 5.8L V8 after 1980 in the United States (as its purchase by the general public required payment of a $1000 gas-guzzler tax).
t. wikipedia

op here
here's the situation

threes 3 cars in the garage right now
>Crown Victoria Ltd coupe
>LeBaron 5th Avenue edition
>Lebaron ?

all this cars are rotting in a garage near my house and I want to sell them cheap to fix
the crown of all comfyness a 95 Cadillac deville
I cant fixem all, and i don't have the money to restore all of them so I have to chose one that I can give my love

so Veeky Forums what car should i keep?
what car is the most reliable of the bunch?

Those cars are in no state to be repaired. Just call someone with a tow truck, put them out in the rain for a night so the crust goes off and sell them for scrap

Jesus, are you Indiana Jones' grandson?! I thought you said the car was kept in a garage, not a pyramid!

stick them on ebay and let people bid but i would just fix them up and keep them, you should clean them at least, i wouldn't want to buy a car from someone who didn't clean it.

i heard le barons are pretty crap so the vic would be the best

If it was allowed to get that filthy I am sure Grandpa took amazing meticulous care of it when he did drive it.

Agreed the Chrysler has more potential, AND probably runs better.

i know that they look like shit but its dust
a ton of dust they probably been there for 18 years

i made a quick design of a crown vic of what i had in mind

they have awesome gauges

That brings me back to my original point, either car aren't bad to drive or all too difficult to maintain but when they are in totally filthy condition undriven for nearly 20 years as you say one wonders what else was wrong with them when they were garaged and what else could have gone bad while they sat their dirty and undriven.

OP I have a old garage car story of my own. After my Mercedes was totaled by another driver I took some of the blood money for my ruined car from their insurance company to get something to drive After looking through 3 used car lots and not finding anything, walking out of the 3rd lot I saw this blue 1981 Deville sedan sitting there without a price on it. They wanted $1695 and with the sales tax and fees a cool $1900. The car was an old man's who was too feeble to drive himself anymore for his last 15 years alive so it sat in his windowless heated garage with only 70,000 miles. That said his caretaker would run the car in the garage once a week to keep the fluids moving and the battery alive. I had the car for 6 months until I settled my auto claim and bought another Benz same year and model as the one the other ruined on me.

I wish you similar luck on your CV and Lebaron but its going to be an uphill battle if the cars run like they look, OP

get real what do you want to be mad max you will bored of the car real quick if you do that mod, just polish the paint and clean it up a bit and it will be a nice cruiser

Spend a day and clean it up, then post again with clean picks. It's really hard to tell how bad things are with all the dust.

Op delivers

part them all out and enjoy a $300/mo income stream for the next 6-months, buyers do all the work

I wish I can move the cars but that would take a weekend

The inside too?

Op don't be a fag, get at least one running. These queers on Veeky Forums barely know how to change their own oil

desu, they look pretty decent from the outside. i dont think that they will be heavily damaged and should be scrapped just by standing in a garage for 10+ years. everyone in here yelling "scrap" is a fucking retard, period.
they still have a worth and if you get them to run, you can make a decent amount of money off them.

Just being a 2 door alone makes it a bit more rare, and since it has no third brake light it was to be before 86. can't you check the vin to get the year or something?

Bump

This. One, all that dust came off easily with a simple wash, and two, they all look solid. OP, if you scrapped them after posting those pictures, there would definitely be a lynch mob involved.

keep that shit bro