/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 22th of August:
1654 – Jacob Barsimson arrives in New Amsterdam. He is the first known Jewish immigrant to America.
1791 – Beginning of the Haitian Slave Revolution in Saint-Domingue, Haiti.
1875 – The Treaty of Saint Petersburg between Japan and Russia is ratified, providing for the exchange of Sakhalin for the Kuril Islands.
1910 – Korea is annexed by Japan with the signing of the Japan–Korea Treaty of 1910, beginning a period of Japanese rule of Korea that lasted until the end of World War II.
1941 – World War II: German troops begins the Siege of Leningrad.
1944 – World War II: Holocaust of Kedros in Crete by German forces

>News
CK2 DD 60 - In the Emperor's Good Grace
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-63-in-the-emperors-good-graces.1040523/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

This is bound to cause some butthurt.

Have you been posting this so long that it is, in fact, a form of shitposting?

Daily reminder that Mayo and Taxes is the mod of choice for the white man

>can personally lead pogroms against the Jewish threat
>can cuck turks until their culture collapses into some crypto-turk greek culture
>can bait religious minorities into revolting so you can then slaughter them all\
>Mod shows the dangers of tolerance by having the tolerant policy lead to corruption and heresy

10/10 mod, would play again while seig heiling

>butthurt
can you illiterate europeans who shit up this thread with old memes and /pol/ crap leave already lol nobody likes you

>Daily reminder that Mayo and Taxes is the mod of choice for the insecure naziboo

Fix'd

no that would be victoria 2

TURKO
BYZANTINE
BULGARIAN
CULTURAL
UNION

>50 prestige

*memes you*

>Dismantle a fort
>Gain prestige

Can't make this shit up

/gsg/, help me decide something.
I need to start placing regional capitals. I have plans to put one in Venice, Genoa, Provence, Ragusa, and Naples and Palermo when I conquer them
However, I am unable to decide where my capital should go. While Milan has served me well and has grown to be the largest city on the continent (620,000 rural and 520,000 urban with 8 upper class), a capital on the water in a coastal natural harbor would be the best for CE effectiveness.
In that regard, I'm leaning towards Naples, and it's southern location would allow better travel to my Balkans provinces, especially the Greek regions once I integrate those vassals, as well as the trade cities I plan on taking on the African and Iberia coast.
However, it's also Italy, and Rome feels fitting for the capital, all tho it is only sitting at 130,000 population.
Pls /gsg/, I've been sitting here for nearly half a hour trying to determine which would be best. Someone help a lad choose

Rome is the rightful capital of Italy. Grow it into a city to rival Milan for grandeur.

That looks a bit... bloated.

when you take an enemy's captial in >eu4 what determines where there new one is? development? culture? does it avoid HRE if possible?

can you show the rest of the world? mainly europe and africa please

He is. You aren't entitled to their work.

>railroad autist notices my
baseru han yerro
I had to go for me din dins just as those Nip bastards attacked, now I'm mobile posting and will start again tomorrow.
Commie Korea has to be the funnest game in liqqy, you spend half a century getting memed on by the entire world, followed by 50 years of rapid industrialisation, literacisation (That's a word, the greatest word, believe me, I know words.), and being able to mobilise 15% of your populace to defend the People's revolution, mass waves of dirt poor peasants poured into combat, and the best part is the entire world is too frightened to check you because you can meme them. Your territory is the most defensible in the world.

Nice

>(That's a word, the greatest word, believe me, I know words.
t. trump

>installed Victoria
>start up a game as Serbia
>do some research, make alliance with Russia, build railroads
>capitalists build explosives factory
>it drains my treasury and with no subsidies goes bankrupt
>capitalists build lumber mill
>it drains my treasury and goes bankrupt
>I build liquor factory and a glass factory, as I had coal
>it runs flawlessly

>mfw the memes where right all along

What memes?

>installed Victoria

ah yes

Liquoria memes

That Liquor factories are perfect and you should have one in every province while other factories get BTFO

>installed Victoria

Thanks user, after some testing with moving the capital there and placing some strategic regional capitals, CE falls under 40 in every province, even fucking Belgrade.
Rome's looking like the rightful Italian capital
I think I will try to build it up to match Milan as well.

haha eu4 anons bringing the bants!

nice strawman

Hey, quick question, in Bloat mod, how much does a regional capital cost to upkeep?

5 grand up front say no more

Rate my grossdeutschlandiums

Back you go/10

whoa..

plc and ottomans looking disgusting as usual

should have fixed them instead of conquering france

These are the borders I had pre-revolution.

A minor crusade against the Ottomans was able to restore some land to the "Romans," although they're still a fourth-rate power. Hopefully in the future a Spanish naval buildup will allow for a more timely entry into conflicts between the Byzantines and Ottomans so the Byzantines can actually recover a bit.

Eirene's father had briefly converted to Catholicism, hence the alliance with Spain, but Eirene converted back to Orthodoxy when she took the throne what the fuck is it with Eirenes and cockblocking me with Orthodoxy. She doesn't have a child, though, and there's a potential Union in the future which could result in a Catholic/Trastamara Mediterranean, with the Byzantines in control of the Balkans and Anatolia, Jerusalem the near east, and Africa/Egypt the North African coast.

*yawns* nobody cares spaz

Fair point. I was allied to Poland for a while (they broke their alliance about 30 or 40 years after the revolution because they lost a war against Russia) and I had 100 Trust with them, so I avoided attacking them to avoid the stab hit.

In hindsight, I should have just spammed insults.

I care.

Hmm what's this?

memes

OH SHIT

10/10

So when are we finally going to do something about THE PROBLEM that is racist, bigoted modders!?

Uhm, Slate.com and Huffington Post articles to raise AWARENESS when?

Hey Hey! Ho Ho!
These racist modders have got to go!

nice bait

Haha! Lmao!!! /pol/ is so Cutting with its Relevant and Original Sense of Unique Humour. This is why we'll beat the SJW's lads, Deus Vult!! xDD

Jesus fucking Christ, how retarded do you have to be to think he was being serious?
>inb4 i was only pretending to be retarded

Are americans sleeping?

No, because all the posts are EU4 and HoI4. These are prime American hours.

>7
bravo, hoi4 retards

>tfw your Father gets turned into an Orthodox Saint after he passes

>Rum existing

Yes promote Schlomo to Spymaster, you don't want to miss out on those nice tech bonuses, don't you goy?

real shame you can't play as the governor of w/e chinese protectorate it is

given it'd be fictional to play like a landed character apparently but it'd be fucking fun to play as a direct extension of china

there better be a means to invade off-map china as a non-mongolian non-horde.

what's better to make a colony a state? encouraging bureaucrats or inmigration?

Check the bureacrats of the colony in question. If they're native then do NOT encourage them, as you'll just make more native bureacrats, if they're solely European then encourage them. No matter how long it takes they will eventually become a state.

Oh no how terrible!

Don't worry goy, Schlomo will take good care of your kingdom hehehe

Anyone else excited to play Sogdians next CK2 dlc/patch?

can you declare yourself king?

thanks lad, I think I fucked up then, does that also apply to recently annexed states? because I am playing as Germany and annexed the Baltic states and the core integration event still hasnt popped up, and there's a lot of germans in both Estonia and Latvia

Paradox is going to up the mod size for steam workshop as soon as they can, right? Surely they wouldn't wait for the DLC/Patch to hit just to up a mod size limit.

Those shouldn't be colonies, user...

Starting a new Russia game in KR
What should my goals be?

You can only encourage bureaucrats of your own cultures, unaccepted bureaucrats only grow due to global/province effects.

Nah, it encourages all bureacrats in the state to grow, thst's why it's "encoursgement for bureacrats" and not "encouragement for bureacrats of your culture", that's why Jewish Persia user was able to make 1% of his pops Jewish, by encouraging kikes.

>2 inventions that award 20 prestige each waiting half a decade to be invented
Just fuck my shit up
Sure, I think you're going to like this.
yellow men
I know you don't plan on annexing anything, but I really think you should do something about
>French Qing Empire
once you're done catching up in tech tbqh

I know that, I just want to know how the pop migration system works, I dont understand it, I just want to make zanzibar and the baltics german, mainly the former because the ost afrika flag was pretty good

>another "France blobs in North/West Africa" episode, as per usual

Is this supposed to be a thing? Is there any way to have other nations mass-colonize that region instead of the Big Blue Blob?

>being this retarded

>i dissprove you citing actual documented events
>lul ur st00pid dood
Great argument, quality discussion.

Funnily enough you're talking to Jewish Persia user himself and I did it by encouraging clerks instead :^)

Woah, what is this railroaded BULLSHIT?

Secure warm water ports and then rule the waves.

>it happened in real life, therefore it has to happen everytime

It gets fucking boring quickly.

Why does Algeria have a different colour than the rest of French Africa

No, but I can marry his daughters off to my sons while having 130% plot power on my own to kill his boys. Next generation will have a good chance of becoming King.

Schlomo is going to continue doing in Italy with what he did to the entire Island of Sardinia: genociding Christians slowly by not letting them marry and importing hundreds of Ashkenazi Khazars.

Don't go Tsarist or Communist. Since a lot of nations are going to flip Syndicalist (the US almost always flips) try to remain the beacon of liberty in the world. Go democratic, or at the very least constitutional monarchy.

You aren't going to be able to do anything the first one-and-a-half years, but after those you should expand asap into the Caucasus for the oil. If Finland hasn't been conquered by the reds you should probably give them some freedom.

Take Ukraine and Belarus, vassalize everything else until the Carpathians. In the East you can aim for Vladivostok, and parts of Manchuria.

After that try to keep a healthy power balance in the world by cutting down either the Syndicalists or Germans.

why does the AI always keep the free state as a puppet instead of annexing it?

They have events to expand into the Ivory Coast and Senegal, after that it's just the AI's usual doing with the free Scramble CB.

The mechanic is universal, me lad. Bureaucrats are no exception, you encourage them in a colony with, say, Misri bureaucrats and the Misri bureaucrats also grow, making it even harder to state it.

You're talking to Turkicide lad, lad. I know what I'm on about here.

You didn't "dissprove" anyone, drumpftard.
>that's why Jewish Persia user was able to make 1% of his pops Jewish, by encouraging kikes
Clerks, not bureaucrats.And that was before HPM fixed assimilation on promotion.
Do me a favor and instead of wasting my time go look at the files yourself

ah yes I'll be answering this

>file edit user is back
woah
See:

see >Do me a favor and instead of wasting my time go look at the files yourself

The easiest way is becoming a dictatorship and gassing them.

Grossperu. Make Pachacuti proud.

You know, I said I didn't plan on taking anything when I was a klein shitter who was too weak to support a single regiment, but now I can mobilise 120 brigades I might go full gross.

see
>>file edit user is back
I'm telling you, lad, if yiu try to encourage bureaucrats whilst there are non accepted pops there they will grow, I autistically play liqqy and I have seen this with my own eyes, I don't care what your Robmod cheat file says.

?????? why are you quoting me. we also already proved that we were both retarded. fuck off.

I'll use it as the final solution, what was the easiest way of getting a coup?

Jesus fucking christ you retard open poptybes>farmer/whatever.txt and see for yourself
the only reason they possibly grew before was because your own POPs were becoming unaccepted bureaucrats through the bug that I mentioned before(and it's fixed now)

Becoming a constitutional monarchy and appointing whoever the hell you like.
or shud tht be whom eva

Your primary culture pops never change, even on promotion.

They did when the bug existed.See

whichever one of you fucks tried saying i was retarded better apologize, i dont like bein MISQUOTEd YOU HEAR ME

What are you talking about?Who are you?

The masked man

i am "file editing user" who the retard that i argued with about it before is.
and we already concluded we misunderstood eachother and dropped it, yet he's still saying i edited a file to prove a point when you can clearly see in the archive i did not.
im also drunk, just got home and saw a (You) when i hadn't posted in about 26 hours and was confused and probably shitposting