If you had a 3D printer, what car would you 3D print?

If you had a 3D printer, what car would you 3D print?

Other urls found in this thread:

thingiverse.com/thing:644933
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

more 3d printers

If I were to use a 3D printer to reproduce the car that killed James Dean, would the curse be transferred to the copy?

There's a replicator at my workplace. I'm using it to print pic related right now

Nice

How long did it take to make that?

I'm making it scaled down 50%, so no more than 5-6 hours for the biggest pieces. At full scale and using the slicer for that particular instance (not mine), the .2mm times listed are:
>Engine Block - 40 hours
>Head - 23 hours
>Valve Cover - 10 hours
>Oil pan - 14 hours

one of those really expensive old ferraris.
Not because I like them, but I'd like to dilute the market with cheap exact copies to upset all the idiots that spent millions on a car they never drive.

Call me when metal SLS printers are approaching 20kUSD. I'd print various mechanical parts for my cars.

no, identical cloning is mathematically impossible.

Then what's the fucking point?

you can curse it yourself, just have a crash that will bend the frame and then give yourself amnesia

did you have to draft the motor in 3d? or did you find files online somewhere?

>what car would you 3D print?

If money and technology limitations were not an issue, I might skip printing a car.

I found them online, I usually don't have time to make something like that for fun at work:
thingiverse.com/thing:644933

Me too.

money

Print myself another Bedford Rascal

>those file sizes
Shit taste desu

definitely the ping mustang

Where did this stupid download a car meme originate?

I'd like to do something like a classic Lotus but with an art deco body like a Bugatti Atlantique adapted to fit on top.

saved

Guess I have something on planning to do when I buy one.

I have 2. I've printed a few adapters for bits on my cars and a few more random bits for DIY

Same here. The last 3 cars I've owned, I've torn apart the HVAC fan switch and replaced it with a PWM driver, printing adapters to put the knob on a potentiometer.
Call it autism but I hate the trend of the 90s of just putting 4 speeds on the switch. It bugs the shit out of me. We infinitely variable now.

What the fuck?
How high-poly would a complete set of 3d models need to be to justify that file size?
I bet a complete set of everything down to every nut and bolt would be less than 50 gigs.

Our cad models at work for HGVs and excavators seldom top 5gb. Parametric modeling is more efficient than high poly modeling for that sort of thing.

You can get model kits to fill the holes (no money).

Hammerite smooth black holds up better than spray.

Source - Own a suzuki carry which too is rusting from the bottom up.

You need to smooth that up with some low grit sand paper

You fucking underage faggot, get the fuck out pussy.
Fucking retarded horse semen receptacle, rim my dirty hairy arsehole you twink bitch.

America.

All the crappy white plastic bits on my AW11 keep breaking, mainly the engine cover prop and holder, which is a little frustrating.

Secondly I'd love to make a MAF adaptor that I didn't have to drill to have a correct fit, for my cone filter install.

Otherwise if I had a bunch of time to model it, I'd love to figure out what the deal is with my window switch and remake that with the contacts properly working.

I would print a girlfriend.

I have one and I am printing extra stuff like cupholders for my 996

Did you never rent out VCRs as a teen?

Suzuki Vitara JLX

I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember the CATIA definition of a 777 as being anywhere near this size. Just a 3D scan of some car-sized random object down to the requisite resolution, maybe.