New Car

>parents won lottery
>want to give me 15000 as a down payment for a new car,
what should i choose?
>has to be 2017 or 2018 model
>nothing over 25000
is the kia optima any good?

Kias aren't bad, but there are better choices

like what? the honda civic sedan is pretty nice and the nissan altama also looks great, what other choices are there?

Mustang GT, Kia Stinger GT, Camaro SS, Dodge Challenger R/T

what are your needs?

> Kia
I've heard fom someone who's got a new Kia SUV a few years back that it doesn't feel like you're handling the car. That it has a plastic non mechanical feeling and the he felt more amused to drive my 700 Eu shitbox instead.

dont blow lottery money on a depreciating asset you dumb fuck
invest it somewhere like real estate

Silverado 5.3 base.

those cost too much,i cant comfortably afford anything over 25k
i need something quick and sporty, maybe an BRZ
parents want me on the 'new car route', buy new car, take care of it, trade it in for newer model later.
thats what im weary of, i want something fun to drive

its not mine, my parents won 150k, want to give me a down payment on a new car

Why not consider a new Civic? Neat design and so far they're known to be reliable. Mazda's seem fun to drive too but can be a little bit more expensive.

Don't blow your $15k and still end up with a car payment. You're a dumb retard

Miata
Fiesta ST
Mustang Ecoboost
GTI
Civic si
Fiat abarth
Elantra gt sport
WRX but thats a little bit above $25k

the new civic looks a bit off, too European, ive also thought about a madza 6, right now its between that and the kia optima, im favoring the kia because it looks better but its a fwd and has a lot less horse power

> Win the lottery
> Go and blow the money on unnecessary stuff
I can see why you were poor in the first place.

Your parents are stupid. That 15k could easily be 150k in a little over 12 years with safe investments. Or you could have some shitty car that will be worth 10% of what you paid in 12 years. Your choice.

For that price, you won't get anything better than a Mazda 3.

theyre far from poor, im a young adult and can afford young adult cars
what do you drive?

Not him but bought my CTS-V at 23. 400hp, faster than 99% of Veeky Forums for $18k

>He thinks being fast is what matters in a car

LARP threads aren't even believable anymore.

If new, Mazda 3 hatchback, Civic hatchback, maybe a Miata, but if $25K is your limit... maybe not. Maybe a GTI if you can bust a salseman's balls. Everything else can fuck off.

I got one, very nice car, go get one.

Why the fuck do your parents want you to get a new car? Winning money doesn't mean you should be stupid with it. Buy CPO instead if you don't want to worry about the car and want new features but aren't an idiot.

Why is "what do you drive?" even a response to a message recommending smart and safe investing.

YOU CAN'T GET ANYTHING FUN OR INTERESTING FOR 25K IF YOU BUY NEW AND YOU CERTAINLY WILL THROW THAT MONEY IN THE DRAIN

It's a Cadillac so it does everything else

>considering a kia
Get an Impala.

This, what's not to like
>Cadillac features
>LS2/LS6 reliability
>T56 reliability
>Mid-Size Executive Saloon
what's not to like

Buy a 2K saab and save the rest. Are you parent fiscally reta- oh wait they buy lotteries of course.

This seems like another thread demanding us to research for faggot OP. Instead this time he smart enough to add a story to it and not use Pepe as the OP image.

save the money you stupid child faggot

Exactly. It has automatic headlights, fog lights, satellite radio, 6 disc CD changer, DVD player, leather with alcantara inserts, heated and power seats, Bose audio with subwoofer, auto up/down on all windows, and a sunroof

back to Veeky Forums with get rich quick scemes

but the story is true, its my 21st birthday present

what year??

I know, I own a regular CTS.

>Adding that it's also your birthday present
Okay frog poster, you ruined your disguise by responding.

its not my money, if it was i would buy a used car, something better. it has to be new

>It has
>automatic headlights
who cares?
>fog lights
who cares?
>satellite radio
who cares?
>6 disc CD changer
lol
>DVD player
you shouldn't watch DVDs when you drive
>leather with alcantara inserts
leather is fine and feels good but cloth is generally better
>heated and power seats
heated seats are useless unless you go down below 0 degrees, power seats I guess are ok
>Bose audio with subwoofer
finally a feature I'd pay for
>auto up/down on all windows
better than not having them I guess
>and a sunroof
nice

all in all you should've just gotten a 3k civic and gotten a few mods for it

>3k civic
Nice meme, does a 3k civic have an LS? Rear wheel drive? More than 400lb-ft of torque? A Tremec gearbox?

V8s sound bad and torque means nothing but horsepower if you know how to use your gearbox, but I guess the engine is reliable and the tremec too and yes the rear wheel drive too, but you can't really use RWD in a car that big.

is it stolen? worth taking to mechanic and checking vin?

Baiting this hard, eh?

You ask the guy for the VIN, if he doesn't give it to you then it's stolen. If it is, run it before even meeting him.

It's a scam you fucking retard.

how would i get scammed

Craigslist scams are really stupid now because Craigslist has got it locked down. What'll happen is they'll say the car is in a different state or they're out of state and if you wire some money they'll ship it for free. They'll also want your real email address

There are pines in san antonio now?

there have always been, its not a desert

Actually not baiting with that one. Hard to believe that people don't like sound of tractors?

Stock Cadillac exhaust is quiet.

can any other manufacturer beat the 10 year 100000 mile warrenty? or the 5 year super deluxe warrenty?

white car with black top makes me hard

>Bragging about warranty

is warranty not good?
asking seriously

get a Civic hatch, they're very jap looking
the 1.5t comes standard too

Post that 320whp dyno again sweetie

> wins lottery
> buys depreciating asset instead of investing
well some people are destined to be poor

still ugly imo

they arent poor, they are making six figures

IMO if you want cheap, practical and fun in a new car it's a toss up between that and the Mazda3 with the 2.5
I went with the Civic because Mazda's 2.5 was still locked at the top level trim at the time, but if I'd had the option I'd definitely have given it a lot more consideration
whatever you do, do not base your choice on looks
at this level it should be the last thing on your list

but user looks are everything

Oh honey

Mazda 3 SP25
Golf GTI
Focus ST
Subaru WRX
/thread

Aww cute sweetie, Id walk you to school and forget to pick you up for soccer practice. I guess that means I'm the 1% according to you..

Could check out a 124, its basically a turbo miata.

The base models are $24k but i would try to see if you can haggle with the sales jew to get a Abarth model. Get a limited slip diff.

holy shit just what im looking for, are these cars any good??

does it really stand for Fix it again timmy?

>boipucci: the car

get a miata or fiata.

good looking hot hatch

>has to be 2017 or 2018 model
Why?

they want me to buy a new car and get on the new car route, which is buy a new car and then take care of it and trade it in later for the next new car

then lease you stupid fucker

GTO. You'll have enough to buy it outright so you won't be in debt to (((anyone))), and it's 9000 times better than any Kia.

The warranty is actually 5-year warranty with the other 5 being valid at the dealer's discretion since the manufacturer doesn't carry the costs.

5 3k civics now fuck off

2018 VW Golf GTI SE with VW's new 7 year warranty offer. Don't get a base, you want the LSD and brakes.

>Talks shit without posting proof

This is fucked up. If your parents want to give you a gift it should be yours to do as you please with, not a white elephant you have to squander your own capital on too. If I were offered such a gift I would politely decline.

its their way of passive aggressive control, but i have a good relationship with them. they will let me choose but it will have to meet their criteria. im getting 15k on a car though, its pretty good

Those tabs

why not just get a 15k car tho

nana to kaoru is dope

Seconding GTI.

Sport trims can be had for around 22k brand new.

>Volkswagen golf has more power than Kia optima
I might just get a Mustang then, but I don't want to be a Mustang guy

Get the VW if you want the best car overall.

I can't bring myself to drive it without getting embarrassed
It's ugly

They probably want him to build credit

>Ugly
Lmao you have shit taste.

If you're that sensitive about looks then just get what you think looks best. Nobody here knows your own aesthetic tastes

The type of guy who drives a Volkswagen golf

As said if you want the best overall in that price point the VW is one of your best choices.

They have really nice, spacious interiors, healthy aftermarket community, take more power really well (ECU flash alone can see you pushing 300+ whp) and are just plain fun to drive.

I recently picked up a 2016 autobahn with the lighting package and performance package for 25000 flat.

Only complaint after 3k miles is a need for more grippy shoes, which i plan on taking care of soonish.

I'm okay with this.
I bet future Steve drives Porsche 911.

I have to say this man has a point. There's better ways to build credit and have a good, reliable car with 15k..

It also have autism

How do I get into investments if I don't have a lot of capital and am not a Veeky Forumsfag?
Do I just throw some spare money into a mutual fund or something and sit on it for 10 years or what?

honda fit sport
up gti

Get something cheaper to drive and something to garage and restore. It’s fun, educational and will end up with a profit.

I bought myself a classic vehicle. Already been offered nearly twice what I paid for it before I had even done anything to it.

Would be the smart and enjoyable thing to do I reckon.

Dunno about 99%

I got you beat. Grats in the ctsv though.