Not my fault

so the story goes
>Working on car and notice oil leak
>Not too worried about mixing oils since i just want to top it off until I go buy a new bottle
>Grab some random bottle off the shelf in my garage, 5W20 or some shit like that,
>take off cap, start to pour it into my oil tank
>clear liquid starts coming out
>pour for less than a second until i process whats going on
>lift bottle up to nose
>yep thats gasoline
>turns out my cousin decided it was a good idea to use empty oil bottles to store gas instead of the fucking multiple empty gas cans we have in the garage
>I jut started draining my oil, gonna go buy a new bottle tomorrow and a new oil filter
Is there anyway I can avoid engine damage if its possible? I left the cap off the drain and the top where you pour it in hoping any leftover gas will evaporate over night, anybody on here with more knowledge see any problems with what i did or if i am missing something.

An oil change should be sufficient engines have breather valves so unwanted stuff like water and gas can escape. Gasoline is a solvent so if anything you will make the engine a little cleaner.

don't run the car, just drain the oil, the amount of gasoline you added probably didn't thin your oil that much. Just change the oil entirely again.

>Gasoline is a solvent so if anything you will make the engine a little cleaner.
No the problem with this is that it'll thin the oil too much and his engine could have metal to metal contact. It doesn't sound like he added too much but he really shouldn't run the car with that gas in it at all.

He said he's already drained it you goddamn retard

Then he's absolutely fine when he does his next oil change.

I would run a short 50 or 100 mile cycle with conventional, drain and refill with synthetic, you'll be fine either way.

You should be fine, as other anons said, gas will evaporate if you leave it alone long enough, just make sure you use the correct oil, filter, etc. when you do the next change.

Take a match and hold it to the oil filler area and wait for the flame to die down

like an oil fire you got to let it burn, drain it after you ignite the gasoline.

If you're really worried just flush the oil a couple of times

op here, thats not going to light m car on fire is it?

what do you think

There's only one way to find out.
You want the gasoline out, don't you?

no

Well if it makes you feel any better. People have been adding things like seafoam straight into their crank case to help with gunk build up. I dont use the snake oil but it would but its still a "petrol based solvent" you coul change your current oil drive it and change it again in a few hundred miles or just do it twice in the same week if youre super worried.

Fucking kill him

Put the filler cap back on quickly so the flames don't come out. The combustion is supposed to be internal, after all.

Are you a slav or a mexican? Why does your cousin have access to your garage?
The fuck is wrong with people, seriously.

zozzle

If it was only a little bit of fuel, I would have just run it senpai. The fuel will evaporate as the oil gets hot.