>transverse engine
You did it to yourself you bimbo

>4th gen Camaro spark plugs
Might as well just sell it and buy another when it needs them

Never arrive in a 3.5

>yaris spark plugs

so easy to get to, a retard could change them

The Nissan 3.3 v6 in the frontiers was a fucking nightmare

You are like a little baby...watch this...

Not even hard. Remove the air filter housing, battery, and washer fluid tank and you have pretty easy access.
t. done it before

>Transverse V
>Ever
shiggy diggy

Pull the wiper arms, and a couple pieces of plastic and easy peasy.

Why would anyone ever pour any money or time into a shitbox as depressing and embarrassing as a fucking jellybean taurus

For love.

Owned one for 10 years, it's piece of piss because the manifold splits in half with about 6 nuts and you do it once every 100k, I did it twice in the 10 years.

>NA Flat 4 Subaru Engine
I'm so sorry.

>tfw 90s pushrod v8
Feels good for working on but bad for just about everything else

>FWD

Stay mad loser, check out how easy my plugs are to get to

Are those coil packs?

Tbh I found my 6G Magna/Diamante like OP's pic waaaay easier to work on, as well as far less frequently than my small block in general - fucking exhaust manifold leaks.

>puts throttle body above sparkplugs
toyota come on dude please...

Yeah, pencil style coils

Like the newer sentras. JUST pull the intake manifold and the throttle body off bro no prob

lol

Mine wouldn't even be that bad if they didn't have that fucking webbing between the tubes in the intake manifold. I have to use a crazy as extension setup to get to them despite them being right on top.

>chuckles in shitbox

Don't be a pussy, knows what's up

Tbh as slow as these cars are, they're geared pretty short which makes them a lot of fun with the 5-speed

I mean I have a 2003 WRX, aren't our transmissions similarly geared? I think there might be a very slight difference in the final gear ratio, like 3.9 vs 4.1 but I know my Stock WRX made 220hp and those made 165hp in the 2.5L GT model? I mean I can't imagine having 55hp (25%) less power. I mean, I tuned it Stage 2 almost as soon as I bought the car and that took it up to about 290bhp (theoretically) and that's where the car actually became fun.
You should definitely swap an EJ207 into that girl.

I guess I would just need to drive one! I just wish Subaru had given us a Turbo engine before the '02 WRX.

We had a turbo in the first gen legacy, but it made the same 165hp as the EJ25 second gens above and only 19 more lbs-ft of torque at 181 lbs-ft. Guess it didn't sell well enough to justify designing a different turbo engine for the US market, as the twin turbo setup they had in Japan does not fit on a LHD model.

based mazda

Have to unbolt a motor mount and partially drop the engine on this nigger

Really? It doesn't fit? Interesting, I suppose that must be because of the steering column.
Was that the EJ22t in the first gen? I know those motors are very stout and the boost can be turned up pretty easily.
I wonder if the EJ205 from a USDM is a direct swap (including ECU) for your car.

>almost sitting on the motor trying to yank the fucking 6th cable out
>buying two sets of extenders because what you have can't fucking reach
>one of the plugs i bought fell through to a spot i couldn't even see it

Between this and replacing the fluid transfer pipe on an E46 BMW, I'm fucking done with imports.

The transmission is the same with a different final gearing I believe.

The plan for this girl is to drop in a built EJ257 (I'll be doing some forced pistons and stronger rings before I swap it) with a 6-speed. Should be a fun build

This desu
Dreading the day when I have to do them
Clean car btw

I wonder how hard would be working one one of these

>mfw I drive a diesel

This + arthritis

Life is pain

You must have tiny chink hands

Things shitty mechanics say:
>WAAAAHHHHH *this part* is hard to access, I might have to remove other components and put them back the way they came apart, what a chore! Imagine, this car wasn't designed to make my job easy! Stupid engineers...

Changing spark plugs should not be a job for a mechanic.

Laughs in triangles

What is remove the wipers, cowling, and wiper motor?

>google how to change spark plugs
>Step 1: Remove front bumper

Must be a German car. That's actually the first step in any maintenance.

laughs
>burns oil
In
>overheats
Triangles
>blows seals

> transverse V engines

lel

Fucking o2 sensor back there too

I came here to bitch about GM stuffing the engine halfway under the windshield. Thanks m8

this is literally why I bought a turd gen. working on 4th gens sounds horrible

If you ever do buy a 4th gen, just make sure you've got two window regulators and two window motors ready to drop in

Yes... Thankfully that is one of my sensors that has yet to fail. I swear Honda makes some of their cars intentionally difficult to wrench on.

>reliant robin spark plugs

the only functioning part on my car besides the drivetrain is the manual windows lol. no wipers, headlights, brakes, radio, heat/ac, gauges... least she runs damn good

Because fast enough, comfy, lots of storage space, reliable, & 30 mpg. It's the perfect shitbox

I would kill for manual windows on my 95. Whoever designed the regulator/motor/entire power window assembly needs to be hanged.

Nothing on my car works either, besides the heater. At least my T-tops don't leak

just cut it out :^ )

i remember that thread. i'm dreading taking my door panels off to replace the locks

the complete opposite of how they used to be :(

The first time I ever did anything to any car was to replace the Alternator in my 92 Accord. It took me less than 5 minutes from beginning to end and it cost me $20.

Big ass doors are a feature, have fun with that lol. Nice wheels, welds? Get some fatties on there and slam it down a couple inches

they're cragars and the tires are legit off my Corolla lol. i gotta get some fat ones in the back sometime though

>tfw 4 banger
>cost like 75€ for a set

You probably only need to do it twice in the life of the car anyway.

I just redid the entire driver's door on my 85 and it wasn't that hard.

Took literally everything out, cleaned up the regular and regreased it, and dropped it back in.

The trick is doing it in the proper order, and for fucks sake bolt the regulator arm in place so the spring doesn't fly out and blind you

yea, i definitely plan on doing as much as i can while i'm in there. clean the shit out, new hinges and locks

it was actually a GE8 Fit

>The first set of instructions for main shaft speed sensor said to remove the air cleaner and rad pipe
>The instructions for the rad pipe said to remove the battery and bumper
>Instructions for air cleaner is to remove the wipers, windsheild trim and windsheild tray
Ended up only removing air cleaner and battery, had to remove the windsheild tray for the spark plugs, but as a transverse I4 it's no surprise they're hidden in the back

>and for fucks sake bolt the regulator arm in place so the spring doesn't fly out and blind you
seconding this

I had no fucking clue there was a spring involved until it snapped up and almost took out my teeth

>change Volvo 240 spark plugs
>take off first ignition cable
>glove box pops open.

>engine under a dog house
Just kill me now.

>no headlights

Poopups were a mistake

Don't forget to unlatch the transmission filter to get to that speed sensor

I've circled everything that needs to come out just to give you a cunt hair's worth of access to these shitty plastic covers over the coilpacks that have tabs that break immediately when you pull them off.

And even then after all of that plugs 4 and 8 are stuffed against the firewall like they're hiding jewish babies in the attic. fml.

>step 46. Remove valve cover

Yeah, some guy did it on the fitfreak forums, I just tread in his path. This
is what it looked like when it came out, fucker was stuck in there hard, was worried it would pop off and I'd have to drill it out.

Good news is the new plugs added noticable torque and fuel economy, they literally have not been changed since the car was made 180 000km ago

Spark plugs on turd gens with a/c isn't exactly fun either. Not kms myself tier but still a pain.

jesus christ, that's way more cramped than mine lol. emmisions were a mistake

Yours doesn't have A/C, that's why.

Had similar setup in 97 Sebring that needed injectors. The plenum splits, but it's a couple hours work. 2 years later the alternator goes out. Took one look at everything involved and sold the car instead.

Your sensor looks worse than mine did when I finally got it out.

yep, underneath is the plug. needs a 10 cm extension to get to

Is that valve cover...plastic?

Took two days and two sets of pliers, but it made a big difference with the shift timing and the sloshiness. I was gonna change the tranny fluid too, but I was so sick of the whole ordeal I said fuck it

Oh yeah. Mine is much better after I replaced it. I was 3 days, a full can of bolt out, and a torch. I didn't want to rush shearing it off with the plyers.

You might want to do a valve adjustment at that point. I know the shop manual just says to listen to them after you change the sparks, but I really suggest opening it up and using some feelers.

This is now a Honda Fit wrenching thread.

get rid of all the AIR/Smog shit and its like 10x easier and cleans up the engine bay. It's the first thing I did when I got mine.

Like seriously did they need like 5 fucking tubes for for the coolant lines??

Lmao

best sienna ever made tho

such a pain in the ass!! ! ! ! ! !!!! ! !! ! ;)

>siennas

those things are badass too

Alternator on a Magna(op's) is about an hour off and on and that was the first/only time Ive done one.

At least it's only 2

Pic related aint mine, is in storage for winter

Plastic valve covers are actually pretty common. Glass-filled nylon is pretty tough stuff.

But, anyways, that actually looks like painted aluminum.

could be worse

What in the fuck am I looking at?

Who thought that was ever a good idea?

I should’ve gotten the goddamn 4banger

the same retards that built this piece of shit

They just make everything accessible, if you look at the top of the manifold in OP's pic those two bolt heads are the two bolts which retain the back side of the manifold splitter, instead of being under the manifold like most cars they're ~3" long and accessible with a socket from the top. The cars got shit like that all over it.

Changing the airfilter is two spring steel clips, each new element has it's own sealing rubbers, takes about 10 seconds to swap and airfilter and they are cheap.

>starter in the valley under an intake

Similar complaint, different component.
Turbocharger, behind the valley, above the bellhousing, under the firewall.

It was a factory AC car, the current owner is just a

Not that hard to do the plugs, seriously.

That's an SOHC model though, those are babby tier. Gets trickier on DOHCs.