So what's the deal with the new "Commodore"?

So what's the deal with the new "Commodore"?
Like, are they still secretive, or coming out very soon, etc?

I saw a truck today with several of them on in SEQ all with QLD plates, which seems odd that brand new unreleased cars would already be registered, so I'm guessing test or review vehicles or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eInLIqFwSjU
youtube.com/watch?v=YbLweooe3aM
lefthandutes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Murikan here
I was under the impression that it was launched months ago in Australia? Here in America, we've already started receiving our Buick Regal version.

how long until the bogans realize the commodore is now a girls car and not a pigfat musclebound v8?

I thought they already had

It was launched a while ago. OP is just a slow learner.

They're out now, it's a rebadged Buick Regal, as expected.

Really wouldn't surprise me if nobody bought one.

Nope it's Originaly a Opel Insignia!

KEK
its literally a rebadged insignia

nice opel
finally aussies are going to drive real cars

They've been driving Opels for ages mate
Re-engineered ones, but that's beside the point

What is holden astra

Im personally interested in those SIDI v6s but not enough trash the commodore nameplate with a ff or awd layout.
Inb4 what about adventras

Didn't you guys already get the Insignia anyway?

I think some previous gens where released but opel doesnt sell particularly well here.
The reason theybe rebadged it as a holden is to increase sales.

I meant as the Holden Insignia.
Like it's literally the new gen Insignia but now it's called a Commodore.

Were the Holden Commodores/Chebby SSes really that good?

Fuck yeah they were

The Cummiedore was on the longer Senator platform tho.

Only the front was taken from the Senator (to fit Holden's inline 6), and later on the end result was sent back to Opel for use in their own Commodore.

They were 4 door rwd sedans/wagons that were reasonably fun to drive and had some fairly powerful options. Add their legacy and nostalgia and yeah they were pretty good.

The current one is just an attempt to get the commodore fans to feel some familiarity with what is essentially a completely different car.

>headlamp wipers
Shit I miss that

So they're in a similar vein as something like a Charger?
Does the Commodore/SS have the usual GM quality or were they any different? I started looking into one as a potential daily and my main holdups are the Chevy badge and the feeling that a big, heavy v8 sedan might be a little overkill as a daily for me.

>So they're in a similar vein as something like a Charger?
kinda sorta not really.
The way both companies went about it was completely different.
The reborn Charger is based on 2 different Mercedes luxobarges (firewall forward is an S-class. Firewall back is an E-class), so it rides and drives like a luxobarge.
The Zeta chassis cars though... That was designed from the ground up by enthusiasts. During development of the Zeta chassis, Holden benchmarked the BMW E39 M5 and E46 M3 for the chassis dynamics.

That dedication SHOWS.
When the Zeta chassis sedans first hit America: youtube.com/watch?v=eInLIqFwSjU

A more recent comparo: youtube.com/watch?v=YbLweooe3aM

Anything in the last 10 years was shit.

Not very secretive about it now. My mate works at Holden and is driving one of the i4 as a company car.
I had a sit in the front passenger shit, interior is crap and doesn't feel as open as the previous commodore.

>Does the Commodore/SS have the usual GM quality or were they any different?
If by usual GM quality, you mean slightly better than average, sure.

Were they Lexus? No. But even when GM was trash they were better than Mopar, Nissan, Mitsubishi, most of Europe, and often Ford and Mazda.

Who owns one here again? Oh right, not you. I think I know my car user. It's great.

>chevy bag on the wheels
fix that

I am soon, I hope these stick well. Don't really feel like shelling out $200 for 4 chunks of molded plastic. The real problems are going to be the airbag cover and interior displays, the cover doesn't separate from the bag so you have to replace the whole $650 assembly, and the computers have to be reprogrammed to show the lion instead of the chebby logo.

Contact that company that ships crashed utes over then cut and shuts thems with wrecked G8/GTO/SS/etc and see if they have anything.

lefthandutes.com/

>semi carrying new edition of commies
>a Mexican wave of reeeeeing follows its procession through Australia

Lmao

Yes, you're on the money