No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b00lc92lExw
youtu.be/PgsfVJMWL0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Kawasaki uber alles

Where do you guys usually go to find good deals on used bikes? I haven't found much in my area despite always hearing that you can find decent sub 3k or even 2k bikes if you look.

Craigslist

Suzuki a shit.

>tfw -3C tomorrow
Spring fucking WHEN?

March.

Guys, what's a good yet cheap camera for insurance proposes?

>cherries & berries

That cockpit it pure sex.

Hey guys looking at getting a full system for my CBR 500r 2016. Is it worth it?

For me, it's the simple 250R.

>full system on a beginner commuter bike
Really?

>guys looking at getting a full system for my geo metro
-you right now

stahp

>500cc
>beginner bike
Top wut

Should we tell him?

Go back to bed Nigel. It's only nine bong.

Yes, its tame as fuck

Do you live in India??

Of course not.

You'll gain two or three horsepower and the bike will sound like absolute horse shit.

Literally just a generic early 2000's, mid-late 90's cockpit

Consider suicide

Stay plebs.

You got the sena tube camera thing. It has audio mic so thats kinda nice. But if you want 60 fps a go pro session is pretty good if you bring a charger pack.

The tribe has spoken.

>Slip on it is

:^]

Do you guys weigh like 400lbs or what? 500cc is more engine than any man would ever need.

Post boipucci desu

I just don't see the point in doing it. Just get a nice slip-on if you want but not a full system.

Then again it's not my bike and it's not my money and if someone has a hard-on for a full system on a little honda I really don't give a shit. But if you are going to go full system on a 40hp bike make sure to get the best one on the market. Don't puss out get it and post pics

nth for Yamaha

ok

more cockpits

Your money I guess.

Ayy. I see what you mean user.

I considered a nice slip on but
>Full system Senpai

But selling it in about 3 or so years once I've been on big boy liscence for a bit. (Australian LAMs laws)

I don't get the hate user.

In b4 > IF ITS LESS THAN 1000CC ITS NOT A REAL BIKE

I want to see that bike with pic related paint.

It's also quite a bit less than any man would ever want, especially since it's one of those 360 degree parallel twins

And in a fake sportbike getup too. Top lel. Don't you know that the only two cyllinder engines that go in sportbikes are V shaped?

It's a dressed up, understressed, understated commuter bike designed to be as cheap as honda can make it without chinking out. It sounds like a fart and really has no purpose but to bring new motorcycles to people who can't pony up an extra two grand for something better.

>wasting money on a LAMS bike instead of saving for a decent one once you're on your fulls

If you want to spend money, get a tail tidy, sticky tyres and adjustable rearsets so you can actually lean the bike over more than 20 degrees.

So you're saying if a bike is designed with commuting in mind, that is must be terrible by default?

What's wrong with one bike Bing used for one or more purposes
>Its actually is a pretty good commuter bike with good fuel consumption
>Twisties are still good fun and have no trouble keeping up with other bikes though the turns

So most bikes 500cc or more will lose me in a straight line, but at least my spine won't be shattered should I decide to daily commute. Still don't get it user.

Ayy good point. Already picked up some tyres.

Rear sets sound like a good idea, kinda over looked that desu. What about clip ons? Yay or nay?

at that point you might as well sell it and buy a $3k 600 off craigslist
'
just upshift at 9k RPM until you're gud and it's basically a 500

Pretty much yeah.
It's built with cheap poor quality components in order to be affordable as a temporary bike for learner's and a cost efficient vehicle for commuters. You won't see the money from aftermarket parts back after you sell it

There's a lot of assumptions in this post and all of them are wrong, pretty much what you're saying is you know your bike is a slow budget shitbike and you're somehow proud of this?

Everything from the swingarm and frame to the weight distribution to the size of the forks on a sportbike improves handling, making them stable and predictable at higher cornering speeds. They're not toy bikes. They're not drag racers. They are built to corner. Even the way the rider is set up to sit on them is part of their handling characteristics. What you have is a standard with a lawnmower engine haphazardly bolted to a bunch of welded together steel conduit, with a steel box on a hinge out the back and a couple of twigs in front, which wallows, wobbles, and reluctantly flips and flops its way through corners, scraping a low-set peg every now and then to inform you that you picked the wrong bike to push the limits on.

Tell him what!? Tell me.

>shattering your spine on any bike

are you a nobike or a feet-forwards harley rider?

>lean forward over the bars
slight improvement
>stand on the pegs
what fucking bumps

reminder that a 250cc commuter made today has a better chassis than 1000cc racers of the 20th century and a supersport is basically an F1 car

youtu.be/b00lc92lExw

>You need a sportbike chassis and a 180 section rear to corner
>you need to put your feet on the passenger pegs so they don't scrape
>You need clipons to go fast
>You need two front brake discs to stop
>You need 200hp to keep up with middle aged men on touring bikes on a somewhat curvy road

youtu.be/PgsfVJMWL0E

>need
You sound cute

So I missed my service interval by about 2,500km and now I found sand like chunks of metal in my oil, of which there was about only about half of the actual oil capacity. How fucked am I?

nobody said this, who are you quoting?

How big are the chunks? Post pics
What bike?

You fucked up

Unless it's a BMW in which case this is a standard feature

I tipped the oil out. I literally thought it was sand until I noticed it was shining so picture that size.

1993 CBR250RR. It only has 32,000km on it so I wouldnt think it could be fucked already

>japanese efficiency

>digital tach
I will never like these

>tfw Kawasaki will never bring back their old school designs
It hurts...

But they just did.

a bike shop

why would you want a bike that is already a racebike for the road to go even faster?

Might buy a ninja 400 as a daily this Summer.

Seems like a nice package. As much power as a cbr500r but 60lbs lighter and they kept the price the same

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

rekt

Any of y’all had your bikes stolen before?

I wanna get a motorcycle again, but after having my civic stolen, im thinking I should move out of the city first.

I hate to say it but I think Kawasaki have lost their way with this one. It’s just a modern bike that looks nostalgic. It’s kind of lame.

Just change the oil and keep up on it this time. It's surely still okay to ride but there's definitely going to be some damage to the internals whether you feel it or not.

>It’s just a modern bike that looks nostalgic.
Do you want drum brakes and sloppy suspension? Its one of the only retro bikes that actually got the aesthetic properly unlike the XSR's

That's all any old/new reproduction is. No manufacturer is going to bring back non ABS, carby drum brake air cooled bikes.

Someone on Veeky Forums owns a new RS I think

I think it looks too modern.

The Zephyr got the aesthetics properly. But I guess why get it right twice in such a short span of time...

Ducati's best selling bike is air cooled m8

Sup.

With everything else being brand new tech

What part of the Scrambler is new tech? That it doesn't have drum brakes?

If it wasn't for the bags of mid range that modern bikes have and EU cuckery we wouldn't eve have abs or TC on most bikes

How come 125cc bikes aren't more popular in the US?

Leno just sold me on the Husky 701 as the perfect daily motorcycle: ‘small’ bike size and weight with big-bike power.

Is there a catch I’m not getting? Will a big single like this shortly grenade or something? (From his description it’s plenty smooth off idle, which would mean shedding a lot of weight and complexity vs. Multi cylinder)

They're not highway legal here. 250 is the minimum and unless you have navigation, long distance travel without using Insterstates is difficult

I'd buy an mt125 in a heartbeat though if they sold them here.

>tfw no 100mpg touring bike

It makes as much horsepower as the three Japanese liquid cooled twins of the same size. Not a recipe for longevity. But I'm sure it'll go 20k. Not sure why you'd get one over the aforementioned Japs unless the name gets you hard.

Rather have a scrambler

Constant mesh box, trellis frame, inverted forks mono shock on the rear, radial calipers and floating disk, ABS.

obviously its not brand new tech but its newer than what user wants out of a old 250r

Kys

I have a 125 in Vietnam and it’s too fucking slow, considering a 150 kit (which sound like an absurdly small increase, but import laws force this sort of nonsense).

Because it sounds like it’s the better part of a hundred pounds lighter unless I’m being deceived?

>riding a 250/500/650 on the highway
good luck when semi trailers overtake you

And how do they achieve that weight difference? Sure, the engine is smaller but you're also going to get weight savings in places that might make it less resilient to wear and tear.

Its liquid cooled too
The catch is the price

i love Leno, id totally deepthroat his unshowered, uncut cock. No homo

Still pisses me off that Triumph didn't actually mass produce and market the MGSV promotional T100.

Anyone here have high mileage KTMs with no rebuilds? No hate just wondering because I do like the spec sheet and want to buy one (maybe a 790 adv in 2020) I just can't believe Yamaha would avoid building the same bike if they could do it reliably.

Wtf I swear someone just said “nice, now your banned” but then I reopened my browser and the post gone and I’m not banned.

Why do they keep suspension from ww2 but put on disc brakes

This is why I asked. What’s the catch?

It’s notably more expensive than an SV650 or whatever for sure, but it seems be to a whole class above in terms of power, and a whole class below in terms of weight and bulk.

Makes me wonder why the Japanese don’t do a high-tech big single if it can do it all.

Wondering the same.
The most reliable Continental bikes match the Jap offerings very closely on paper

>high mileage
>KTM
they snap in half before your're able to put any kilometres on them. The only thing worse is a cuckasaki

Because the japs just want to fill out a spec sheet instead of actually making a fun bike

>cuckasaki
Unironically neck yourself.

>if you happen to be a complete fucking idiot, long distance travel without using Insterstates is difficult

FTFY. Buy laminated state maps and a globe compass. Boom, done. And personally, I find off-superslab travel much more rewarding.

This is the big question around KTMs/Huskys. They seems to be impossibly powerful and light; it’s not like the Japanese don’t have just as good engineers and manufacturing, so it makes me wonder if the Euros just design their bikes to barely limp past the ~20k/km of warranty whereas the Japs designs bikes to still be running right in 20 years, with accordant compromises is weight and power.

OP is that your zx10 ? if so did you notice much of an improvement from upgrading your rear caliper ? pic related, its mine