/vn/ - Shitposting Edition

Visual Novel General #1592

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/ (embed)

Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

s.vndb.org/sf/95/105595.jpg
vocaroo.com/i/s0D1kdsUoprI
vndb.org/g2472
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cccccccombo breaker

^_^

3x3

OHIO

;_;

Can you stop spoiling this game already? At least wait until the rest of us can even get a chance to start the game

>tfw still can't finish corpse party
>can't even get through half
>couldn't even get past the first chapter because of the bad end you get for skipping one room where seiko dies and then immediately after seeing that and going back for that room, you get a scene where seiko cries because they split up and seeing them both in succession broke me irl.
Is is corpse party TOO good of a game? It's so good at it's job of being a horror game that I can't even bear to play it. 10/10.

>Implying you can spoil moeges

no sluts allowed

post more maya

Man I remember playing Corpse Party years ago, maybe I should give it another go since I've forgotten most of it.

>Shitposting Edition

god damn this VN has a huge menu

here i go lads going for the loli onee-chan route first

Can you route the oji san?

You can't even go for the gyaru, much less the oji-san.

What about that shota?

i need the sakura no mori dreamers pick where its the girls thighs and then woah gore ghost. thanks in advance

This VN looks cute but why not post in the /jp/ thread?

AHHHHHHH I CANT READ THIS

Yeah dude, a girl's sad at one point? How the fuck am I going to play that game now. It's ruined.

Asuho all over again...

>not a body part edition

Never played any VNs but I want to try one.
Looked though the wiki from the OP and latest recommendation chart is from 2015 (not to mention the wiki seems fucking dead). Is there a more recent version of the chart? I want something relatively short with simple install on Win 10. And would be nice if it also had Jap text alongside English one.

It really doesn't matter since the majority of the VNs you will read are 5-10 years old unless they're nukige. The chart is still perfectly fine for entry level stuff.

play saya no uta, it's about 4-5 hours long. it doesn't have jap text alongside english but that's pretty rare even now so you'll be out of luck if that's more than vaguely important

>Rec charts
Use vndb. Search a tag, sort by date, check for a little UK flag meaning it has an English translation, and have fun.
If you really want jp text then you could go the machine translation route, but that's kinda trash.

/r/visualnovels is the place you're looking for friend

I can't fucking decide whether I like stockings, pantyhose, or bare legs the best

Alright.
>If you really want jp text then you could go the machine translation route, but that's kinda trash.
It's not really necessary. I saw screen from Grisaia I believe that had Japanese text right under English one. It looked neat.
I'll take a look, thanks.

I know we hate newfags on Veeky Forums but there's no reason to send him into certain doom. I don't think Marina's Cuckolding Report is going to help him get into VNs.

>best
Your thinking is flawed. What's the point of having a favorite color or a favorite food when you can enjoy them all? Variety is the spice of life. Meditate on the joy that all legwear brings and not which is better or ideal.

I thought r*dditors were into that sort of thing

>vn characters casually talking about getting married as if it is nothing, just a bit embarrassed
>know that such conversation in real life is a red flag early on and that you will likely only hurt yourself by saying or thinking it
guys, when are we getting true virtual reality? i seriously can't take this anymore. i want a relationship with my waifu where i can pour out my true feelings for her without fear of it giving rise to negative emotions. i want to live to love and live to be loved. this world is far too cruel for me to live in any longer.

The gyaru made me want to drop the game.
Good thing you can mute her, shame you can't hide her sprite though.

If by virtual reality you mean artificial intelligence then we're still a few years away at the very least. I'm not sure if true AI will be commercially available for a while due to security concerns.

>What's the point of having a favorite
THIS is the flawed thinking. Having a favorite is good, but thinking you are only allowed to have one favorite is wrong. If you like them all, there's no reason you really have to pick one. Even surveys will be multiple choice.

me and my cats

Surveys are for soulless marketers to optimally cater to large numbers of people. As for the rest of your argument I don't really understand what you're trying to say because of how you bend the definition of "favorite" to include multiple things. Of course I would rather see a girl wear stockings than half a chicken outfit.

God damn you're dumb. It's not very hard to understand, especially when I was agreeing with your sentiment. The bottom line was that you can have more than one favorite. You can also say "I just love legs in general" and no one is going to assume you were talking about fucking chicken outfits. I don't even know how that was supposed to be relevant.

>you can have more than one favorite
That's not how English works.

The line about chicken outfits was illustrating that it's natural to have preferences, but the words "best" and "favorite" are more strictly defined.

No m8, that's what a favourite means

This is exactly what I was saying when I said it was flawed logic. You ARE allowed to have more than one favorite and people do it literally all the time. Go back to any time someone posts "What's your favorite x" and there are guaranteed to be a lot of people listing several. The definition of a favorite is "preferred before all others of the same kind." but that doesn't mean you can't have two that you prefer over all others. Or three or four or five.
People aren't bound by definitions and there's no such thing as a subfavorite. You can have 5 favorite VNs, even if yuros that misunderstand semantics tell you that you can't.

So this is the end of the line...

I feel like you've lost track of your original argument and you're agreeing with me now. If we're going to stop parsing words and get back to my first post, I'll add that you certainly can bring yourself to prefer stockings over pantyhose, but you aren't doing yourself any favors by thinking that way.

>there will never be a proper ending
This shit is the worst.

WAKE UP

GRAB A BRUSH AND PUT ON A LITTLE MAKE UP

*unintelligible* SHAKE UP

Literally all I want in my life is cute girls and sexy shenanigans.

s.vndb.org/sf/95/105595.jpg
holy shit

Does anyone else get genuinely turned off by slutty characters? I just read amanes first h scene in labyrinth and i just had to skip when she started to talk about needing to hold the cum inside her ass hole.

I dont mind them as long as they are only slutty for the MC.

Majikoi, Grisaia, Fate Stay Night, Hatsukoi, check the vndb and see which one you lean to

just you wait until she starts talking about her father

ITT

Undertale

Do you actually mean slutty characters or the lewd virgin characters? Because Amane is the second.

Luv u too bro

LOVE stands for level of violence

>Level Of Violenc E

Where are the Shirou x Schreiber doujins?

I want to see Schreiber's round trap butt being pounded

His lack of a dick kinda kills it tbqh.

Would love to see his reborn, not-mutilated self being pounded like a girl though.

hai oshimai!

vocaroo.com/i/s0D1kdsUoprI

Are all the sprites and CG's in a VN drawn by one person?

>a Japanese person that's not completely fucking obsessed with family

I'm shocked desu

Depending on the game, some games use 2 or more artists.

I like fluttering skirts.

Wrong last thread.

le-let's make it f2p guys

Can anything possibly be more chuuni than this?
it's amazing

looks like some people can't even understand dies irae on a surface level

We really need to update that chart if we're going to keep putting the (never actually updated) wiki in the OP like this

That's a plot point actually.

From what I hear about Light's works, DI isn't even their most chuuni

It's not like there's much new content that's worth adding. If someone wants to join in with the thread then they just have to lurk a little.

agreed honestly, if someone's new to the thread then that chart is still extremely relevant and will keep them occupied enough to either get bored of the medium or start following along with the thread

THREE

MORE

DAYS

So what are you suggesting? Change the 5 to a 7 and call it a day?

Me in the middle

that sounds kinda funny so yeah alright

>nazi are the villain
>This is a pro nazi game !

People STILL get triggered by Nazis in this day and age? Really?

leftist snowflakes aren't people

More now than ever. I remember people spamming swastikas on Gaia Towns in 2007 and nobody cared.

If you think it's bad now just wait until the anime airs.

I don't follow politics closely but didn't literal Nazis recently murder people in America? Tension is at its highest right now.

vndb.org/g2472

They didn't like my tag...

>American Nazis kill American people
Nothing to see here.

Why is Hoshimemo on rec chart with that terrible jp -> chineese -> english translation? Similarily cross channel

>still no Higurashi

But all Nazis died during WW2.

kek

I'm pretty sure it's just liberals getting trolled and some people on the right larping. Nothing to do with VNs at any rate.

Who even knows anymore? Go ahead and start working on a new chart if you want

I'm glad some places know what obvious shitposting looks like

>Making your trolling waifu embarassesd

This really is my fetish